Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:27:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Gemstone of the Ages Drop Rate Increased!  (Read 30157 times)
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2015, 12:03:17 pm »

i have 24 toons ... not like it wouldnt effect me....
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »

Careful watch you're starting to sound like the "I got my lewtz this game is too easy prz prevent others from getting what I have" guy.

People who make that claim (not saying you were) can eat one. Its one of the most stupid comments you can make on EZ, and shows the person to be a small minded imbecile. This server is constantly evolving, for one, and the devs require player feedback more than they would on other games. That feedback isnt always immediate, for reasons that should be obvious.

These are the same assclowns who'd piss and moan that it was "so unfair" live that some players should see end game zones when they couldnt. Aint gonna put in the time and effort, you dont get the goodies. Plain and simple. Here the people who ARE putting in the time drive content. Thats just how it is. Dont like it, Hello Kitty or WoW await. And, again, these players actually working the content are the ones who tend to give the best feedback.

For people who make these comments......if you want a trophy for showing up, I suggest the games listed above, or T Ball.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2015, 01:12:28 pm »

Oh, and just to inform those players.....I have one character with a rank 14 earring, and I believe it should stay difficult. I'm someone who, while slogging through T5 and 6 while others were finishing T8, implored admin here to keep things challenging.....not, as some have claimed, to keep it "elite" but to keep it FUN. If the game becomes too trivial too quick its boring. THIS IS WHY SO MANY END GAME PLAYERS HAVENT BEEN SEEN ON EZ IN MONTHS.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2015, 01:13:32 pm »

How did Maslow get your login details  Shocked

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2015, 01:17:51 pm »

That guy seldom ever had an original thought. Most of the opinions he parroted came from other players he picked up on the forums or in OOC while he was paying others to push him through content.

And if you think he got where he was on his own steam you werent paying attention.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »

Sorry, soapbox off. As members of my guild will tell you, I'm more a "the journey is the accomplishment" guy than a "where's my shiny" guy. Sometimes I'm too vocal about it.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2015, 01:31:25 pm »

Eh np just sounded a little Maslowish with the "sweet nectar of the elite" type talk.

I fundamentally believe in a different theory. My opinion is many end game folks don't play anymore because they finished *most* but not all of the content (see Harthek). There is always more to do. More UWs, more Exp mask, more EoA, more RoA, etc.

The reality is, EZ has a TON of content. We should be worried about the newbies not sticking around due to the complexity of the game and sheer vastness of the content. I'm less concerned with the elites not playing - they will be back right after T10 is finished, and then T11 right after that.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2015, 01:33:45 pm »

And if you think he got where he was on his own steam you werent paying attention.

And fwiw, people progress how they progress. Always been that way even on live. Never bothered me and a lot of other folks agree. It's the exploits over the years that helped more than "paying folks" which is actually part of the game.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2015, 01:38:16 pm »

I know. I was just pointing out that Maslow was a hypocritical douche.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »

I know. I was just pointing out that Maslow was a hypocritical douche.

Cheesy

Personally, I hope T10 takes 6 months to complete instead of a couple weeks or so. It would be nice to have a lot of folks back for an extended period. On the other hand, we also need newbies coming up the ranks and we just don't have much of that right now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:44:40 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »

Hey now, Kildash and I are working as fast as we can here! I have been pulling in a lot of players that are just starting progression (one actually boxing his way through qvic/ct as we speak). Ancient elite is actually active in guild chat now it seems, which is a bit strange. Ive been back about a week or two, and have been having a blast working my way through t5 content with Kildash. There is indeed fresh blood working upwards, its just time consuming!

Back on topic: Since the drop change Ive actually sold one of these I found the other day off of a coral in t5. It'd be nice if we could see a steady droprate of maybe 1 per week, per person or so.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2015, 02:17:25 pm »

As powerful as the earring is, that'd be too much.

Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2015, 02:42:27 pm »

Thinking on it some, one per week was probably a bad rate, yeah. Didnt take into account people that might buy/sell them.

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2015, 02:49:00 pm »

One per week would still take over 50 weeks (a year) to complete earring while playing constantly. I see one every few months as is. That and people spend all their AA on RoA first so it would take a lot longer than that, and newbs usually sell the first 5 or so GSoA. I did just get one today but the last time I saw one was during double loot around February 12 - that's 3 1/2 months ago and I'm sure not many people play more than me right now. Plus it was DL so you almost can't count that. I've averaged one every 3-5 months if I had to guess. I'm not a math major but I think to go from that to once a week would require at least a 1,600% increase in drop rate.

Since there are more than a couple people with EoA 50 I have to assume the drop rate, at least temporarily, must have been much, much higher. At the current rate, even if someone plays 3x as much as me, a EoA 50 would require buying nearly all of your GSoAs over the course of at least a year or two (and good luck with that in this market).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:26:05 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2015, 09:55:04 pm »

Since there are more than a couple people with EoA 50 I have to assume the drop rate, at least temporarily, must have been much, much higher.

Unless Hateborne can chime in otherwise, I'm going to correct this assumption since in my experience it is incorrect.  I never saw jack shit for drop rates when it was implemented and haven't seen jack shit since.  The mitigating factor on the Earring SHOULD be, in my opinion, the amount of AA required to level it as much as the GSOA drop.  When they first started dropping, some people had enough foresight to buy them up as quickly as they could from people who had no intention of working on the AA required to level it...for the most part you get far more bang for the buck out of leveling the ROA in survivability.  At the time the Earring quest was re-worked, there were still only a handful of people with max ROA so there was little to no competition for the early adopters who were willing to pay what at the time, some people like me found to be rediculous prices.  Chunka will attest to my  feeling that the price was way too high, I vented a few times to him about my what I thought regarding it, and this was when they were only going for 1-2mil.  People that were getting them to drop needed to strike out their melee and needed the plat far more than an item to bank for the unforseeable future when they'd actually be able to make use of it and people who were end game with large bankrolls had no problem scooping them up.  This is why there were a few people raising their earrings quickly and now that people have seen how sought after the GSOA are, they are more and more likely to hold onto it given the rarity that people always cite in acquiring them when you do need them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232