Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:39:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Gemstone of the Ages Drop Rate Increased!  (Read 30154 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2015, 11:27:59 pm »

I honestly laugh at the earring, have you seen how much dps it adds? Just roll one more ninja strike toon and call it good. Smiley stop worrying about the earring Smiley

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2015, 01:20:50 am »

Since there are more than a couple people with EoA 50 I have to assume the drop rate, at least temporarily, must have been much, much higher.

Unless Hateborne can chime in otherwise, I'm going to correct this assumption since in my experience it is incorrect.  I never saw jack shit for drop rates when it was implemented and haven't seen jack shit since.  The mitigating factor on the Earring SHOULD be, in my opinion, the amount of AA required to level it as much as the GSOA drop.  When they first started dropping, some people had enough foresight to buy them up as quickly as they could from people who had no intention of working on the AA required to level it...for the most part you get far more bang for the buck out of leveling the ROA in survivability.  At the time the Earring quest was re-worked, there were still only a handful of people with max ROA so there was little to no competition for the early adopters who were willing to pay what at the time, some people like me found to be rediculous prices.  Chunka will attest to my  feeling that the price was way too high, I vented a few times to him about my what I thought regarding it, and this was when they were only going for 1-2mil.  People that were getting them to drop needed to strike out their melee and needed the plat far more than an item to bank for the unforseeable future when they'd actually be able to make use of it and people who were end game with large bankrolls had no problem scooping them up.  This is why there were a few people raising their earrings quickly and now that people have seen how sought after the GSOA are, they are more and more likely to hold onto it given the rarity that people always cite in acquiring them when you do need them.

This is probably spot on. Seems at first they must have been dropping more often but I bet you're exactly right.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2015, 01:30:09 am »

Drop rate when the quest was first reworked was higher. I could get 1 or 2 a day easily enough, whether in HoH, Anguish or T7. I havent seen one in 5 or 6 weeks atm, even working HoH quite a bit for tokens, and T6 a ton for UC2 on new chars. Drop rate is definitely different than it was at start, unless a ton of us had ridiculous rng luck.

As for the earring dps....unsure what UW you have, WB, but even my gimpy rank 14 adds enough dps to my UWX to make it worthwhile. Maxed rank ear with UWXI will add more dps than a 2nd monk with UC2 and 2 NSXI, from what I've seen for numbers.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2015, 07:36:43 am »

Drop rate when the quest was first reworked was higher. I could get 1 or 2 a day easily enough, whether in HoH, Anguish or T7. I havent seen one in 5 or 6 weeks atm, even working HoH quite a bit for tokens, and T6 a ton for UC2 on new chars. Drop rate is definitely different than it was at start, unless a ton of us had ridiculous rng luck.

As for the earring dps....unsure what UW you have, WB, but even my gimpy rank 14 adds enough dps to my UWX to make it worthwhile. Maxed rank ear with UWXI will add more dps than a 2nd monk with UC2 and 2 NSXI, from what I've seen for numbers.

That's because the drop rate, in a lot of cases, included minions, pets, and things that shouldn't drop loot anyway. Once I clean that up, this removed targets that could drop loot. This alone explains why HoH "feels" worse.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2015, 09:32:02 am »

I was going off of Rymo's post, his uw11 lvl 50 earring war was doing like 6.7mil dps. I do around 5 mil dps with uw11 uc3. My mnk does 2.5 mil with nsIX and uc2.
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=4525.msg58510#msg58510

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2015, 10:46:11 am »

That's because the drop rate, in a lot of cases, included minions, pets, and things that shouldn't drop loot anyway. Once I clean that up, this removed targets that could drop loot. This alone explains why HoH "feels" worse.

-Hate

dude the first 3 days after gsoa were droppable me and maslow got 20 of them combined in t6 now i'm lucky to get 1 every 10 clears
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2015, 12:04:17 pm »

dude the first 3 days after gsoa were droppable me and maslow got 20 of them combined in t6 now i'm lucky to get 1 every 10 clears

At that rate, the drop rate would be just double what v2 charms are in HoH. (Double as in 1:100 going to 1:200, theoretical example with fake numbers)

I have NOTHING to explain this shift as it should never have been that common even at the beginning.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »

-Hate

Bleh  Cry

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2015, 06:51:14 pm »

At that rate, the drop rate would be just double what v2 charms are in HoH. (Double as in 1:100 going to 1:200, theoretical example with fake numbers)

I have NOTHING to explain this shift as it should never have been that common even at the beginning.

-Hate

I dunno but we seriously did get that many that fast then it went to poop. that rate was way to high. me and wareash got 2 to drop in t9 in 1 pull today all rng
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2015, 01:10:49 pm »

none of you running around with uw11 need any more dps...I mean what the actual fuck do you care about 6.6m/dps vrs 7.6m/dps...just stop please..

the earring just happens..grats to those that bought them all up when they first started dropping... the rest of us will like accidentally have them eventually...maybe...

the mask of illusions is way better for GSOA than the stupid earring.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »

none of you running around with uw11 need any more dps...I mean what the actual fuck do you care about 6.6m/dps vrs 7.6m/dps...just stop please..

I need WAY more dps, WAY, WAY MOAR

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053