Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 02:19:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dual Wielding 2h and 1h Abuse (6-11-15)  (Read 7942 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2015, 09:51:54 pm »

Dual Wielding 2h and 1h Abuse Notification

Suspended a player and his army for seven days for dual wielding a UW Zweihander and an offhand weapon. I'll be writing up a small addition to the player scripts to watch for this. It will log ANY such activity. If your name appears on the log, expect a seven day "vacation".

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 09:57:12 am »

I found how to replicate this and reported it to Uleat.. maybe he can find a fix :p

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:17:38 am »

i miss all the cool tricks....

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 11:54:58 am »

In case some people dont know, Hateborne and Akkadius arent shy about dishing out some ezcreds for reporting GAME BREAKING bugs, dont expect 100 credits because you figured out that bat wings are 0 plat and you can turn them in for free experience, cause see you in 14 years when you reach level 8 doing that. So everyone has a choice to make when they figure these things out, use them, and know for a fact that eventually your gonna slip up and get caught. or report them and get paid. EZ choice imo, use the exploit.

Krinkle Sprinkle
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »

In case some people dont know, Hateborne and Akkadius arent shy about dishing out some ezcreds for reporting GAME BREAKING bugs, dont expect 100 credits because you figured out that bat wings are 0 plat and you can turn them in for free experience, cause see you in 14 years when you reach level 8 doing that. So everyone has a choice to make when they figure these things out, use them, and know for a fact that eventually your gonna slip up and get caught. or report them and get paid. EZ choice imo, use the exploit.
I know a few that do both
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 02:07:42 pm »

I dont do both, i TEST the exploit repeatedly many times over many weeks to make sure its a valid exploit. I dont want to be wasting akka or hates time theyre busy enough as it is. Now ive got testing to go do.

Krinkle Sprinkle
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »

I dont do both, i TEST the exploit repeatedly many times over many weeks to make sure its a valid exploit. I dont want to be wasting akka or hates time theyre busy enough as it is. Now ive got testing to go do.

You have to be SURE.  Smiley

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 03:47:35 am »

I like to test it and then report it. If I can't duplicate it then I got lucky.
If it duplicates then i'll report it and depending on what it is I will or will not use it.

Used the old pet method to get keys for 2.5 until someone mentioned that it's an exploit.
Reported the rogue epic effect stacking on the augs, kept using it to test when hate updates since it's not that big of an issue. (it's just increasing the dmg by a decent amount, not doubling it or anything and it only affects backstab) Hate has given up on fixing it and you do still have to farm up 2 epic augs for it so it's not like you get dmg for nothing.
Realised the possibility for exploiting the t5 mini and reported it, did not use it (also didn't test because hate confirmed it was an issue before I could) even though I REALLY wanted to use it to get rid of my remaining bosses for my 3 new toons.
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 06:54:28 am »

Pets used to be able to dual weild a 2h and a 1h upto a few weeks ago. When I noticed this I didn't think much as all was lost was the spam from TS whip.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 04:47:44 pm »

Hate removed the pets dual wielding 2h/1h a few weeks ago, intentionally.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »

Damn.. I thought Krinkle got suspended again.. lol. Not sure how folks come up/figure this stuff out. I barely can remember how to get my group into a guild instance.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2015, 07:14:12 pm »

Don't worry, I will be back playing again after my "vacation".

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

Ive never been suspended mixlor. I follow the rules or dont get caught not following them. Ill never tell (its the second one)

Krinkle Sprinkle
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053