Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 04:35:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T10 Beta Weekend LIVE NOW! 7-3-15  (Read 7829 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2015, 02:14:13 pm »

T10 Beta Weekend LIVE NOW!

That's right, it's finally that time. It's in a beta weekend, with most of it intact. Bosses are disabled, progression gear/weapons/essence/quest-items disabled, and quests disabled....but spells, tons of plat, SLS, and other goodies are still available for those willing to brave it.

There are pieces and places where things WILL stop or break, which is totally fine. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SPAGHETTI PLEASE RECORD THEM IN THIS THREAD! Additionally, all thoughts/comments/complaints/concerns outside of this thread will be ignored.

Lastly, new spell file and new zone character file available. You *MUST* download the sunderock_chr.txt file and replace the current one of the zone will NOT load correctly.

-Hate

EDIT: Due to the desync issue, I will attempt another beta weekend this upcoming weekend (7-10 and 7-11). Hopefully Akkadius will have been able to write-up and implement radius based NPC updates by then, which will make T10 playable and contribute to a significantly cleaner experience in huge zones with a lot of movement.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 08:38:53 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 03:27:29 pm »

I am on it! Grin

really buggy i cant get my group all on the same page... like desync between toons.. they are in group on their screen..not mine....ect...

also having problems casting now.. re logging completely to try and fix this. ( this was me simply lagging 100% and going back to charselect or login.. no actual casting problem)

no text in my chat box... really annoying:) mqwindow is blank.. I can still see battle spam

no fading memories makes it challenging...

no group summon clicky makes it hard to navigate all my little peons around the camp...the keep going in tents

its a pretty zone and not laggy at all like t7 even though it appears to be full of mobs and large... so that is good!

only loots I got where a few clickys and i was mostly hunting gnolls
its a toon desync issue that i cant overcome... logged in and out a few times..zoned.....died....still cant get group on same page...they cant even see each other even though we are all standing in same spot...going back to other stuff for now.... sorry i can t do anything in t10 right now:/

the mobs hit very hard and cast some nasty spells that I assume are t10 spells. I have had not issues handling these so far and with my group 100% in zone I think i can handle the traps that I spawn.  The AE rampage or furry or whatever it is ...that is owning my alts... I was sneaky and was trying to adjust my /stick distance to be out of range of it....but my hotkey window was blank so I could not see what I was typing... So once that is resolved I will see if I cant find a sweet spot. That being said you need to make sure your alts are attacking from BEHIND.... ripost is a mother with these things and they will eat up a 2.5mil hp toon in seconds.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:37:46 pm by balidet » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:25:03 pm »

Great post and thank you for it. Akkadius and I had a 20min call and he's pretty much on to why it's acting this way. 90% of it is me building too big, 10% of it is the way movement updates are handled. He's going to molest those in the EQ Coders channel and see if they can't hash out a way to make npc movement updates more proximity based instead of shotgunning them to all clients in the zone.

Upside: Entire server may be more responsive with these changes.
Downside: May not be complete before Sunday. Undecided

If you, or others, have any other feedback (assuming you can kill), please keep it coming!

-Hate

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 12:00:22 am »

as of 9:54 PM I tried to zone in and had to use char mover to get them out...

Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 01:21:25 am »

I havent been to the zone yet but im reading theres no summon group clicky? why is that? thats the way i get around period. I move from lake, to the hill with the snake on it by black priest in t9. im COHing, that far its worth it to coh for me instead of follow. I hope theres like absolutley no reason that group coh isnt allowed other than oh i forgot to allow it, cause thats a serious hinderance to the way I play, and from the sounds of it, the zone is huge? like t7 huge? and no group coh? again hoping i got bad intel on all of this. Theres a huge difference between challening, and annoying, I think what everyone was hoping for was more challening fights requiring strategy and tactics, not more annoying things like no group coh that add zero challenge just an irritating effect.

Sorry to post such a negative thing without even stepping into the zone but I read all that stuff from this thread so I took it as fact Ill email everyone in guild whos been on break and see if anyone wants to come back and try to stomp through t10 soon and post a more positive feedback.

Krinkle Sprinkle
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 11:29:28 pm »

so if you have the map up while in sunderock everything goes blank all your windows and what not...

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 08:34:44 am »

so if you have the map up while in sunderock everything goes blank all your windows and what not...

This is a client issue. :-)

-Hate

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 01:11:16 pm »

it may be a client issue but I have the same exact thing and only in sunderock...so its a t10 issue:P

went back in last night killed around... the char desync was not bad at all I only had to log my main out and in once to get all on the same page.

killed around... no loot this time.... seemed good I spawned a few traps and that was easy...

I tried to fight the giant lizard thing i killed before but this time it AOE my team and took out my healer and then I just slowly died to it...... /shrug I have to figure out this AOE thing its brutal:) I have switched all my alts to IG pets in hope of helping on this but it did not make a diff as far as I could see....

TBC@LD!

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 04:17:22 pm »

it may be a client issue but I have the same exact thing and only in sunderock...so its a t10 issue:P

So opening your map caused your boxes' windows to go black too? That's still sounding like a client issue, but I wonder what is different between the two of you and my client. Gimme some time and I'll dig up some info :-D

-Hate

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 01:20:15 am »

This may be unrelated but now I am having desync issues in t9 as well... had to use char mover several times this weekend to be able to even log in..

this has not happened to me in a long long time.

started on Thur/Friday

did something change? maybe its me.. the only thing I have changed in downloading the new sunderock zone file and the new spell file...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 180