Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:49:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: But Wait! There's more...misc updates 8-2-15  (Read 5768 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2015, 08:00:36 pm »

But Wait! There's more...misc updates!

Most of these were actually done last night, just not completed and tested until my lunch break today.

• All LDON levels have Epic Vendor, Newbie Vendor, and Buff Bot. May add in the card/charm NPC as well.
  • LDON now has batch dropped gems (3-5 at a time). This is common enough to add cash, but rare enough to not bog down clear times.
  • LDON NPCs saw some minor DB-side adjustments. Casters were given small amounts of resist difference (translated: better chance to land spells on fresh 70s), while lowering the melee damage. Most non-melee NPCs lost triple/quad attack in LDON as well.
  • Guardian's Charm and Brawler's Charm will be USEFUL with reboot. Guardian's Charm adds a 15% direct melee damage into healing conversion and 15% accuracy per rank (5 ranks). Brawler's Charm adds 50-75% melee (white) damage and 15% accuracy per rank (5 ranks). Both of these effects work up to level 72. At level 73, they will yield 0% bonus. This is to prevent UWs and much higher characters from hitting for 10s of millions or healing for entire health bars per hit. Some measure of the damage increase and vampirism will appear on Ultimate Charm sometime this week.

Additionally, a new spell file is available!
EDIT: New spell file from last night wasn't complete. Something failed and 1/3 of the files were missing. The new and WORKING one is live now. Sorry about that.

-Hate
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:59:58 am by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 08:39:18 am »

my buffer toons(level 77) have guardian's charm rank50.

goodbye 7h 38m 18s ancient: melee haste, vampiric thunder.
(now 6h 30m with Tserrina's robe. 6h 42s without Tserrina's robe)
goodbye 5h 52m 20s oak3 & crab2.
(now 4h 37m 30s)

I have 6acc, tank/melees and buffers same account.
rebuff, change char, rebuff, change char.... lol.
its ok, 4h+ is enough. but I want/hope UC3 with long duration focus.
or UC4.

Rymo from japan.

---------------------------------

P.S. to Chunka (if read this post)

That was not youtube. sry. I found post.
T5 100 bosses and anguish video.
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3899.0
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 09:37:52 am by Rymo » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 10:26:53 am »

goodbye 7h 38m 18s ancient: melee haste, vampiric thunder.
(now 6h 30m with Tserrina's robe. 6h 42s without Tserrina's robe)
goodbye 5h 52m 20s oak3 & crab2.
(now 4h 37m 30s)

I have 6acc, tank/melees and buffers same account.
rebuff, change char, rebuff, change char.... lol.
its ok, 4h+ is enough. but I want/hope UC3 with long duration focus.
or UC4.

Considering that none of these buffs have cooldowns long enough to really matter, I am having a problem seeing that as a loss. A buff that lasts 6.5 hours or 4.5 hours is still very, very long. Part of the change to Guardian's Charm was to lessen the occurrence and availability of that effect (buff duration extension). It tends to complicate things like short duration buffs. Smiley

-Hate

Drep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 12:44:00 pm »

Couldn't it be enabled to where if you have a UW equipped, you can't equip a basic (non uc) charm?

This seems to punish people who don't have a UW or those folks who have multiple characters which didn't or haven't had time to UC all their characters yet.  Once they level to 73, their basic charm is worthless and they are forced into farming for a UC or tough luck?

Doesn't impact me. just wondering.  Smiley

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 05:43:04 pm »

Couldn't it be enabled to where if you have a UW equipped, you can't equip a basic (non uc) charm?

This seems to punish people who don't have a UW or those folks who have multiple characters which didn't or haven't had time to UC all their characters yet.  Once they level to 73, their basic charm is worthless and they are forced into farming for a UC or tough luck?

There isn't really an easy way to make this a reality. The root of the problem is that UWs hit too hard, there isn't a way to tell a focus to stop working if certain items are equipped, and at Abyss entrance level you should have built/bought some strike augments and/or farmed up an UC. If you are in T5 with only autoattack damage, you are possibly the most patient person alive or you are doing it wrong.

Using Ultimate Long Sword VI as an example, with Brawler 50 and UW LS VI, the white damage would be ~140 - 150k base (which is more than the UW LS XI).

-Hate

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:48:56 pm »

my t9 instance is missing most of the HUMANZ! and orcs...even some bandits... and they dont seem to respawn once killed....

i even logged out for a few hours!

totally hard to spawn a hillgiant now..or is it...i shall test!

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 11:58:42 am »

There isn't really an easy way to make this a reality. The root of the problem is that UWs hit too hard, there isn't a way to tell a focus to stop working if certain items are equipped, and at Abyss entrance level you should have built/bought some strike augments and/or farmed up an UC. If you are in T5 with only autoattack damage, you are possibly the most patient person alive or you are doing it wrong.

Using Ultimate Long Sword VI as an example, with Brawler 50 and UW LS VI, the white damage would be ~140 - 150k base (which is more than the UW LS XI).

-Hate
Couldn't you just put a focus effect on the UW that would overwrite the charms focus but have a lower value?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 12:15:50 pm »

The charms never worked before and it didn't really hinder anyone from progressing, fixing it and letting people benefit from it all the way into T5 seems perfectly acceptable without band-aid fixes that would require more time to implement.  Personally I'd walk it back to T3/T4 instead of skating it to T5, but aside from token farming, that point in progression is a speed bump anyhow.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6125
  • Latest: farrvva
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 232