Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:30:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Add v2s to T4 boss??  (Read 6480 times)
Rangewind

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »

So today while killing some T4 bosses it hit me.  Would it be possible to add v2 drops to them?? T4 only not T3.  Not sure what peoples thoughts on this would be.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

I gotta say no. V2's drop plenty in either HoH now (40% drop rate increase) or in ToFS. Very easy to get now in both places. To the point now that I dont have straggler boxes anymore to loot some of the v2's.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 02:40:56 pm »

I gotta say no. V2's drop plenty in either HoH now (40% drop rate increase) or in ToFS. Very easy to get now in both places. To the point now that I dont have straggler boxes anymore to loot some of the v2's.

Yeah I agree there. So many v2s they just rot because none of my characters need them anymore.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 02:46:11 pm »

I'm biased remember we are smashing through it will 1-10M++ DPS per group...

The rots won't be as many for the up and comers their Kill Per Hr is way lower...

But I do say no to the Bosses... go farm HoH as primary and ToFS as back up...

Remove Charm drops from T5/6/7 too... no reason they should be there the rate is a joke and just a worthless treasure on a corpse

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 02:57:46 pm »

I'll agree with that.....seeing 4 v1 sorc charms drop in T7 is rather depressing....and a bit ridiculous.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 03:01:36 pm »

Even if their clears aren't as fast, the v2s are definitely dropping at a nice rate, that was more so the point Tongue if you're working 3.5s in hoh you'll have v2s done in no time being relevant content.
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 03:18:29 pm »

Well it was a thought.  I have 2 groups and am slowly working on T5 but have yet to finish 1 UC.  I am not able to kill on floor 3 in ToFS for the chance at v2s there.  Guess I will have to just grind out HoH and finish T5 before I really get anywhere with UCs.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 03:37:01 pm »

Do what the rest of us did...stop progression and work on your UC's.  Heck even when UW came out...everyone was  WAY past Qvic and we still had to go back to farm 100 of those essences.  Using your theory we should have just put Qvic essences, Tacvi essences, d minors, d majors, g minors, g majors, on t5,6,7 to keep from having to do older content.  if that is done with everything you would just steam roll all content.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 03:55:58 pm »

Using your theory we should have just put Qvic essences, Tacvi essences, d minors, d majors, g minors, g majors, on t5,6,7 to keep from having to do older content.  if that is done with everything you would just steam roll all content.

Not sure where that is coming from.  The idea behind the thought is that T3 tokens come from HoH and it takes 2 tokens to make the T4.  So in turn it’s the same content as HoH.  I never said the drop rate or anything was bad. This was just something that came to mind and I wanted to bring it up to be talked about.

But it seems that the idea is not liked AKA it was talked about and shot down.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 04:08:29 pm »

Wasn't trying to be a dick, bud.  Just trying to give a reason as to why not.  This whole server is really based off one grind after another...slip streaming it, in that aspect, just lets people rush by content...of course I also have a constant feeling that too much is given away and that ToFS should have only been allowed for people who were flagged for t5+...because back in the day you had to have most all toons in main group UC'd to survive Abyss...but now t5 has been nerfed a few times to make the content easy...or at least easier than it use to be.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

I'm biased remember we are smashing through it will 1-10M++ DPS per group...

The rots won't be as many for the up and comers their Kill Per Hr is way lower...

thank you for acknowledging that.

It's a trade off.. It's probably more *time consuming* for a newer player to make a UC, but it's far *easier*.

Making v2s, say, a rare off Warlord and MCP wouldn't make v2 charming any less time consuming, but it would make it easier. It's the time consuming part thats rough, but as others have pointed out, it's a grind all the way through....

And Hateborne *just* tweaked v2 drops in HOH to be a little more frequent. That helps immensely. So give it time.

Range, you say you can't do TOFS3, and i imagine that's true. But realize that TOFS 1 + 2 prep you for 3 and, as a bonus, give you the resists to make a lot of other content you're facing more trivial. Yeah, you'll waste time to get to the 1200/1300+ resists you need to 'farm v2s quicker'... but you've made T2-T5 far more manageable in the process. Just like how strike augments speed up your killing power overall, but require a ton of farming and wisp slaying and such... You often on EZ will sacrifice the present for a better future.

Just trust in the powers that be. For a server thats basically run and designed for the guys who already have 12 bot armys and UC2s and Ultimate Weapon, they expend a ton of energy balancing content to challenge the ubers while make it managable and easier for newcomers to join in the action. Takes time, grasshoppa. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 02:07:22 pm »

just dropping my 2 copper..... i kinda agree with the gnome remove V1's from T5+ and add them to the T1-T4 where they would do some good *ok maybe not T3/T4*. Ik you can get them off the angrey beholder and the ancient dragon in PoStorms (still not sure how i got this to spawn in the past anymore lol) but for players who cant take these out yet it would benifit them far more to be able to farm the zones they are progressing in to where they will need a UC before *T5+* just a thought thou
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6126
  • Latest: Maww
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64990
  • Total Topics: 5054
  • Online Today: 77