Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:43:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HoH - 3.5 drop rate  (Read 10079 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2010, 02:56:58 am »

Apology, your comparison actually proves our point - yes, doing a 1.5 with just 1.0 characters takes a long time too, but if you do a full time run you *will* have all of the pages. Not so with HoH, where it takes a complete clear of the entire zone several times with multiple doubles to get all the pages you need for just one character.

If you compare the time required for a full 1.0 group to do 1.5 once to the time required for a full 3.0 group to do one 3.5, I think it's obvious: You can do a 1.5 in one sitting - not so much for 3.5.
(and before you jump on the 1.5 is ez rofl, same counts for 2.0 and 3.0 - done in one sitting with a group that was intended for it to be a challenge for). 2.5 is obviously a different story.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2010, 03:40:36 am »

If your problem is that you believe a 3.5 takes more time to complete than a 1.5, when gear is equal, then you're greatly mistaken,
and probably have very weak reading comprehension and merely glossed over my last post.

If your problem is not the time it takes, but that it isn't guaranteed (ex: 2 hours), and is a statistical variant instead (ex: 1-3 hours?),
then I fail to see how this issue is significant. At all.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2010, 03:45:12 am »

If you really believe in this tripe, however, feel free to get together a group of BOT geared players
and complete a full potimeA run substantially faster than a 3.5 takes.

If it's so fast I'm sure you won't mind doing it to prove your point.

edit: all of this is assuming that each new epic (3.5, 4.0, 5.0) should take about the same time to
achieve as the ones before it, which seems nonsensical to begin with.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 04:57:10 am by Apology » Logged

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »

A full group of bot players can definitely take trash in time, meaning they have access to potime gear. Gemcutter and Lincei are also easy enough to take down, which leaves you with a full 1.0 time geared group - if you have 2 pals 2 wars mage and cleric, you're set to do time in less than a few hours.

Which is less time than some people do to get even one page, and they're not even low-geared.

I consider this an issue.

If you insist, I will PM you the names of 4 characters that I'll make from scratch, you can PL them to 70 and I'll get them sorted in BoT gear, and I'll time how long one 1.5 run will take with 4. (I'd ask you to PL them since I don't have any dru/sham available atm, if you can't wont and anyone else would like to do this (FOR SCIENCE!), pls pm)

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)