Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 03:10:42 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beasty love  (Read 7578 times)
Curry

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 05:46:58 am »

Got beasty t4 spell, which is lovely pet buff with it's (I think 5k w/o any oracles/FoH on) heal over time and dmg bonuses so forth... But the component that it gives to the BL (on cast both pet+owner gets a buff) is the same old Growl, which was disappointing. Gives me the feel that beasty should just sick pet in and park back the toon itself, like, uh, a mage.

Would it be overpowered if the beastlord would get the same heal-over-time from the spell as the pet? Could compensate by making duration shorter to make it require more management, or more mana cost so it's less spammy (or requires alot more mana regen or manastone spam to upkeep it without going oom).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:48:51 am by Curry » Logged
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:36:06 am »

I do more damage than my pet, and always will. Work on the beast and not the pet. That buff only changes dps by 1.5k, not huge by any means, and in the description it says casts on your pet, so i'm guessing it's not intended to be cast on the caster.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:20:59 am »

I want a parse saying that your dps is higher than your pets' dps.

I don't buy it.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:40:44 am »

Icestrike augs > pets dps. I'll parse it when i get off work this evening and post it.
Domeiz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 09:41:22 am »

how much dps is the beast pet? Wouldn't ice strike augments with propper charm put beast above the pet? I've actually been thinking about making a beast thinking about having the pet and the bst with augments.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:44:24 am »

4.0 pet is 9.5kish with bst buffs. With Hulkamania (T4 spell) it ups it to around 11.5k
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 10:13:24 am »

Icestrike augs are mill pp investments though. In fact, I'm going to see if anyone would borrow me three icestrike V's, aug my 4.0 enchanter staff and show that even enchanter melee > 4.0 base pet. I wouldnt be surprised.

-Clev

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:51 am »

Icestrike augs are mill pp investments though. In fact, I'm going to see if anyone would borrow me three icestrike V's, aug my 4.0 enchanter staff and show that even enchanter melee > 4.0 base pet. I wouldnt be surprised.

-Clev
Sadly Enchanters aren't able to equip IS augs, sorry Clev =-/
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 10:55:30 am »

Arent they just restricted on weapon type?
If not so, then bleh.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 11:15:54 am »

Nope, they are class restricted.
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 12:49:45 pm »

Yar, been working on the IS's too for beasty. But is the beasty still beneath them danged pallys/SKs even if it were to sport UC + 6x Icestrike Vs while counting in the pet dee pee ess? Ain't no mathematician here, and prob won't sway me away from playing the toon - mostly just curious. =p

Aaaand point of the topic was moreso to suggest the buffed heal component of the spell to land on the player too, since it'd give beasty some survivability outside groups if they would also HoT themselves with the spell. I'd guess with oracle41 or somesuch you'd get like 40k every 6seconds, which wouldn't be anywhere near enough so that you'd see a bunch of BLs soloing in HoH.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 02:21:53 pm »

Aaaand point of the topic was moreso to suggest the buffed heal component of the spell to land on the player too, since it'd give beasty some survivability outside groups if they would also HoT themselves with the spell. I'd guess with oracle41 or somesuch you'd get like 40k every 6seconds, which wouldn't be anywhere near enough so that you'd see a bunch of BLs soloing in HoH.

Depends - for example, would it stack with other heals (eg. druid clicky), dont you have AA's that allow you to share hps with your pet (effectively giving you double the regen than just the pet), etc etc.

Regardless, I think the idea has merit and would definitely make BL think about meleeing again, instead of just pretending to be mage nr 2.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 12:34:08 am »

Mu bst pet parsed at 15k this morning while beastlord was at 3k lols I suck I cant even afford augs.  WTS mcp kills eleventy billion platinum.

Poop
Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 01:44:16 pm »

Ill buy an MCP kill from you. I have the stones for 4 MCP kills.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)