Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 12:57:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bard suggestion  (Read 6599 times)
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2011, 11:35:06 am »

I don't have much time so I'll be brief on this one.

Bards are a support class and their songs are designed to make the group better. Shammys too are a support class. I think Shammys are top notch at the moment with Kraken. Awesome work there. 
My thought is to create a song the bard can twist that would function as a song version (or something) similar to Kraken. They already have a few songs like this. Dance of blade or something(on my way out the door can't look it up at the moment). What about beefing it up and making it stack with Kraken. Maybe instead of just DD make it Proc Aoe Damage?

Thoughts ?

Deadend
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 01:11:16 pm »

I like it. Brings value to an otherwise waste of plate.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 01:40:36 pm »

Maybe give bards songs that are based on focus. So until you actually get your new clr pal or whatever the bard can twist in focus of healing to increase healing.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 05:25:19 pm »

Maybe give bards songs that are based on focus. So until you actually get your new clr pal or whatever the bard can twist in focus of healing to increase healing.

^^ best idea imho. Have them able to sing focus effects, rank 1 only imho.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 05:29:01 pm »

Hell ya

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 05:53:09 pm »

After T2 how about an upgraded DS and maybe like the original post says a proc or DI. Don't know if this would be difficult but would bring real time value to a bench player.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »

One more thing... Make the focus songs worth 10 lvs of focus. So if you you have a lv 1 charm it boosts it to lv 11 and you get the extra focus effect level. Then there would be no need to upgrade these types of songs.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 06:05:41 pm »

LOL makes me want to play my bard again! Last thing to further add balance and playability, (Not sure if it can be done.) any proc or DI should be class specific to DPS classes. Thus holding off the big DPS revamp pushers for a few.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 06:21:46 pm »

Oh yeah how about a better regen and/or mana regen song/s. A Bard is an accessory. And one you can't simply log on cast and dump. All of this would be awesome and I would have no further need to post on bard topics. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 07:06:29 pm »

i think just the whole focus ( 1 song for each type: DD/Dot/Healing ) would suffice enough, no need to increase what u already have as far as a charm goes.  maybe an ae mez instead of DS song? ds song can always be bumped up with tribute/4.0 or higher also. the modifier on all instruments actually works as far as the dmg shield song goes

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 07:26:29 pm »

With classes having Aoe procs Ae mez might not be that useful. The recent updated song that hunter add 2k to has a nice stun effect. If that would hit t2 plus mobs then it might be useful and serve as a mez. If it stun locks adds that's awesome. They can still take damage from the warrior and zerker procs but deal little to any damage.

For my 2 cents I would like to see the current bard heal song given a modifier effect that would boost current group healing. A proc song that would make grp members aoe DD for a few K. And lastly a DI song.

Blamo

Sounds like a fixed class to me:)!

Oh and add Pet AA so pets can get heals.

Deadend
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 08:22:09 pm »

A focus bonus level would always make a bard useful even if charms went to 100. The regen needs a full revamp. and I think a di or proc would kickass.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)