Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 07:36:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Trouble Unzipping Custom Files  (Read 9511 times)
abramsailor79

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2011, 02:52:01 pm »

I’m attempting to download and unzip the Custom Spell File. It appears when the download of the Custom Spell File is complete (C: \ Program Files\ Sony \ EverQuest), I receive an option to open that file in that directory I receive the following message:

“Archive Access Error: jZip can not access the archive file. The file may have been created on a removable media or a network disk that is not accessible anymore. Please check and try again.”

Could anyone assist me with getting the Custom Spell Files downloaded/unzipped/installed correctly please? This is my first time using the EQ Emulator so I am all new at this.

Thank you!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:18:06 pm »

First of all if you are on windows vista or 7 move the EQ folder to somewhere else.  Doesn't matter where.. c:\everquest is fine, just not in the system folders like Program Files or etc.  

As for "jZip" try something else?  I just downloaded the spell file and unzipped it fine (with windows 7)

abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:58:57 pm »

Hey thx, I moved the EverQuest files to a difference directory. I believe everything was unzip correctly this time. There was no error message as there was last time.

Is there a way in game to check to make sure the fiels are working correctly?

Thanks again for your time.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »

If you installed the file correctly, you should be able to use EZ Server spells. If it is installed incorrectly, spells like "Word of Vivication" will show up as req. level 255

abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 11:36:25 am »

Unfortunately I do not see a spell labeled “Word of Vivication”. Is this a spell everyone should have in their spellbook if the Custom Spell File was installed correctly?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure I have everything running correctly, as I mentioned before this is the 1st time I have done anything like this.

Thanks again for all your time!
Wherya
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:42:23 am »

WoV is a Cleric spell and is under heals.  It is the second spell in the heal list.   Another good test of the spell file is if you can receive the shaman 10k+ buff.

After extracting the custom spell file you will also need to restart all of your EQ sessions.   

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:34:49 am »

The recent tab shortens the thread name to:
Trouble unzipping custom...

For some reason I always finish this sentence with ...pants.

Your skill in Disturbing Thoughts has gotten better (255)

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 06:39:07 am »

you should join the nuts guild.
skill goes up until 400

Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »

Generally Antivirus programs get kind of scared when a .zip file gets downloaded. In some situations, it will remove the contents of the file.

Personally, here is what I would do to eliminate the "Environmental Causes"

Disable UAC (this is the cause of drive virtualization, so as long as this is disabled, you should be able to keep EQ under the default locations)
Reboot in safemode with networking
Redownload the Spell file
Unzip to Sony/EQ folder
-Check to see if its resolved...
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011, 03:06:26 pm »

The recent tab shortens the thread name to:
Trouble unzipping custom...

For some reason I always finish this sentence with ...pants.

Your skill in Disturbing Thoughts has gotten better (255)

-Clev

You are just maxxing your disturbing thoughts now? Mine was maxxed ages ago Tongue

abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 06:05:01 pm »

I created a cleric & went to the NPC Spell trainer in the starting zone. I was able to locate a spell called "Word of Vivification" and is listed as level 69.

Is this the spell "Word of Vivication" that was referred to that I would have if I downloaded the custom spell files correctly?

Thanks for everyone’s help so far btw!
abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011, 07:29:17 pm »

I actaully had some players link weapons with custom spell effects on them. The effects read as "unknown spell". It appears the custom spell files is not working correctly. I'm still toying around with it trying to see whats the issue is.
abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 05:59:25 pm »

I want to apologize for the long post ahead of time. I just wanted to make sure I provide as much information as possible. If there is any other information I can provide that I have not already provided to give more insight into the issue on this post or a previous post, please just let me know and I will be glad to provide that information if I am able.

I’m still having trouble with the “Custom Spell File” (I have not tried the other “Custom Server Files” for the custom zones yet). I am running Windows 7, so I moved my EverQuest folder out of “program files x86” because I was having trouble unzipping the “Custom Spell File” and is now on my desktop. Once I moved the EverQuest file to my desktop I was able to unzip the “Custom Spell File” labeled “spells_us_021811”. I right click “spells_us_021811” and then I open with “jzip”. When I open “spells_us_021811” with jzip the following file appears: “spells_us.txt”. I right click “spells_us.txt” and select “Extract files”. This places the “spells_us.txt” in my EverQuest folder on my desktop. I have tried using the previous shortcut created to run EverQuest when it was installed in “program files x86”, and of course it did not work. I then created a new shortcut to run EverQuest to reflect that the files are now on my desktop.

I have had players on the EZ Server link me weapons with custom spell effect to see if the “Custom Spell File” is working. The effects read as "unknown spell" on the weapons, so the “Custom Spell File” is still not working even with the new shortcut created to reflect that the Everquest files are now on my desktop. The character I am logging in on to test the links of the weapons to see if I can see the custom spell effects is level 22 (which is the highest level character I have on the EZ Server), I do not know if that is an issue. I have never played on EQEMU before and I have not tried to modify any files for any other EQEMU server other than the EZ Server. I did play EverQuest through Sony years ago but was never installed on this computer. Only EverQuest Titanium has been installed on this computer to try & run the EZ Server of course. I do however currently have EverQuest 2 installed on my computer with an active account.

I have been trying to get the “Custom Spell File” to work for about a week now and still no luck. I am also trying to get this running on two of my friends’ computers that want to play on the EZ Server as well. So If I can get this working you will have 3 more players on the EZ server!  Grin

If anyone could get back to me with any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this issue please let me know.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 11:22:43 am »

A) Dont put it on your desktop. Open up your windows explorer qnd move it to your root (ie to c:\everquest)

B) There already *is* a spells_us.txt in the folder. If you dont get a notification that you're overwriting it, you're not putting it in the right spot. Check this.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
abramsailor79

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:33 pm »

Thx for the reply! I moved the EverQuest file from my desk top to the immediate C: drive and remade my shortcut, logged in, & a player with a weapon that has a custom spell effect linked it to me & I was able to read the custom effect (it no longer said unknown spell). So it looks like the custom spell file is working! Now I just have to make sure the "Custom Server Files" were installed correctly hehe  Cheesy

Thanks again for all the help!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:27:22 pm by abramsailor79 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081