Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 04:27:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New to server, good duo?  (Read 6866 times)
Dontee

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:04:15 pm »

My son and I are going to start on ths server, what would a good duo be? I tried a mage last night and their pets just seem to lack the control needed to be a good duo partner, is it true what I read here that plate classes are much better with this servers setup?

We just want to have fun, I am an old school EQ'r coming to this server after the Sony mess, my son likes the faster pace enough to play, he cant stand how slow regular servers are.

TIA!
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:09:07 pm »

Start with the War/paladin. Easy to get you going and can carry you a long way without adding other toons.

Dontee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:16:25 pm »

He seems to want to play a druid, would a WAR or PAL combined with a druid be OK? (I guess it would be the WAR since druids heal?*)

* I guess I really need to throw out most of what I think I know about EQ since this server is so different.

Thanks.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:08:17 pm »

Don't forget about SK has aggro control and is ok at tanking.Wouldn't have to rely on druid as much for heals which lets him focus on damage spells.

atops

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

I'm semi new to this server myself, but I've found there to be two mentalities on this server. The first is to get the absolute farthest you can, in which case a War/Cleric would get to a higher tier without the aid of a bot (or four). The second and often forgotten mentality is having fun and enjoying the journey. In that case I agree that a SK would be great with your Druid. The life taps are amazing on this server, and get better with charms.

Don't forget to have the Druid cast his Focus for Damage over Time under the Poison folder in his spell book. It's a level 1 spell that doubles his DoT damage. It goes along with Focus of Healing, same deal. Both of these spells require the "EZ Spell File" txt from the EZ Server Downloads on the left side.

A lot of n00bs (like me) miss that bit at the start.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »

You know, some people do enjoy boxing. As in it is fun to box.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2011, 01:31:33 am »

You know, some people do enjoy boxing. As in it is fun to box.
Very very fun and very very addictive, trust me.  Oh, and don't let your son play a druid unless theyve changed in the last two months since I last was here.

Poop
Dontee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 11:00:11 am »

Yeah we started last night and both got to lvl 30, he wasnt impressed with the Druid at the end of the night, might level up a pally for him to try with my warrior.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

We say pally due to the group heal procs on each attack. I'm clearing T5 with war/pal/pal/mnk/rog/clr. You will need a cleric. Anyone who tells you other wise are well you can fill in that blank.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:20:10 pm by Thebone » Logged

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 05:37:28 pm »

/agree with bone

Life easy pre-70 but everything after you'll need the full healing power of a cleric for sure.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 05:29:33 am »

Meh, I wasn't really into boxing at all at first but after starting it, it's kind of fun. Playing just one toon is actually kind of boring when trying to do that now.

WAR/PAL is a pretty solid duo to go with, throw in a 2nd pally or a cleric if you're having unnecessarly trouble (Altho imo cleric isn't really that necessary until the very top-end... Two pallys will still carry you through pretty much everything pre-T4), and once you've gone to some point you can use those to gear up any of your alts. I'd suggest some dps classes in there, say mage/BL/necro since the pets are easy-to-get and decent dps.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)