Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:18:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Toon suddenly cant go to a zone he was in last night.  (Read 4676 times)
cycrost

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:06:16 am »

I took my pally to Jaggedpine to farm GLS. I had MQ2 basic (zero add ons ect), i used /tar wisp then /stick. Once in sight I manually attacked the wisp. I farmed this way for a couple hours. The next day I went to log in and i got a "Memory cannot be read" error and ended up having to move my toon with the character mover.

I tested my ram with Memtest+ for a few hours, all reported well. I am not overclocked. I am on an Intel Q6600, and at the time was running Windows 7, fully patched up. Later I even installed DX9c, but that did not help either.

Oddly enough, I took a different toon on a different account there and farmed a few hours with the same method as above, and all seemed well. Next day when I went to log in, same crash occured. For me this is repeatable over and over in jaggedpine. Now, I have had this problem strike in Tacvi, which was extremely annoying.

I primarily run Seeds of Destrustion client, downloaded legally from Steam. I moved the actual eq client over to my archives drive for safe keeping, and I never touch that backup other than to occasionally COPY To a new working directory when I go to tinker on a different server occasionally.

Ok, so I tried loading up Titanium, and suddenly I could go to those zones again. In fact I had to finish my Ranger's Tacvi armor using Titanium.

Help? Thoughts?
P.S. No, I never patched to live, the client is pristine as DL'd from steam and it is the Actual SEEDS client. Not the UF client. I am tempted to buy UF just to tinker with it.

Thank you,
Cycrost
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »

When did you buy your seeds client from steam? Have you played other steam games recently? It has to be either a client issue or a directory issue. Have you tried copying your seeks client again to a different directory and try loading that? You need to look into any possibility that steam updated your SoD to UF. I would say that if you have loaded steam anytime recently that it would be a pretty good chance.

cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »

Actually, the only reason I had steam on my system was literally to buy the Seeds client when it was on sale for $6 or so a good while back. As soon as I had my working backup separated from steam entirely I deleted steam. I suppose it is possible that the short time I had steam on system it might have.

Just for giggles, think im going to give UF a shot. Just to see how bad things can get Smiley I would still like to sort out this odd issue however.

Cycrost
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »

Well it sounds like steam is probably not your issue. You said you have a backup of your seeds client? If so, try creating another directory. If by chance you put your seeds client in the programfiles (x86) directory take it out of there. If you come up with a fix post it. Kinda interesting to find out what the issue is.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 06:59:16 pm »

I would say hard drive and corrupted files.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 09:31:45 pm »

Hmmm... now that you mention it..i DID have a HDD start thowing smart errors...and it was the one that had my working copy of Seeds EZ on it.... Guess I can try the backup from external drive .. thanks Smiley I will letcha know. And nope, I have it in C:eq/everquest ...

Cycrost
cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 05:47:44 am »

@boogeybear,

Sir you are a genius!! Nice fresh steam prep to ez and problems solved 100%. I am a happy camper! Deleting my old working copy... Tongue

Thanks again!
Cycrost
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:49:48 am by cycrost » Logged
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 09:35:32 am »

Glad you are up and running Smiley

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent