Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:25:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MoW Instance Problem  (Read 3995 times)
nulland
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:21:30 pm »

I seem to be having great difficulty instancing this zone, with group and guild alike vanishing... sometimes before I even get a second use.  Anyone else have this problem, and if so, do you have a solution?  I don't have instancing problems with any other zone.

The reason I want to instance is because I need six books, and I want to be able to practice taking him down without someone breathing down my neck.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:31:50 pm »

Leave a character parked in the instance and logged in... it will stay open.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:03:19 pm »

You might want to make that a FD class.  It's been awhile since I did this leg of the epic quests, but IIRC if you had a live toon at zone in and the MOW was engaged the adds liked to rape the toon at Zone in.
nulland
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:02 am »

Thanks, you two.

Yea, I've had that happen.  I zoned in one time and got swarmed, so I've gotten into the habit of a /w all chambersb prior to starting.

I'll make a hotkey for my Wizard for a quick evac or abscond to keep at least one character in zone once the fight begins to fall apart.  I want to say I've done this before (unintentionally), however, and it still didn't work.  I accidentally forgot to assist with one of my tanks, so he had no aggro, and when everyone else was killed, they couldn't get back into the instance.  Sometimes when I zone in, one character will have the appearance (based on the group list) of not being in the zone.  I can move them around, with them very clearly being in the zone and visible to all, but as far as the party list, they are not.  I've learned to make sure that all party members are present to all others when creating the instance, but it doesn't seem to improve reliability.

I've also had problems with this zone eating instance credit.  I seem to have lost 65,000 since yesterday.  I figured I would wait to see if it came back overnight, but it didn't.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:46:00 am by nulland » Logged
nulland
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 02:54:51 pm »

This has since become a non-issue.  We finally toppled him, and with each successive epic, the fight got ever so slightly easier (with the final count of 8, seeing as how I conveniently forgot Bard and Warrior).  I will say that for any newer player that happens across this, defensive/HP AA's are an absolute must.  I wasn't able to really stay alive long through those occasional nasty quads until then.  MoW has been a bottleneck for me for about a week, but now we can move on.  Thanks for the tips.  Perhaps I can use them in Tacvi when we eventually get there (I've read those instances are quirky as well).
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)