Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:54:19 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kobolds in Velks. Can't single pull.  (Read 6209 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:03:50 pm »

Ive tried numerous times to single or at worst double pull from the kobold camp in Velks. Everytime I pull the entire room including the named. I'm a level 54 necro.

Any advice?

Hulkmad
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 10:08:05 pm »

Do plane of fear, velks is pure AIDS.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:36:29 pm »

... velks is pure AIDS.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha! Awesome Griz, awesome.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 11:23:04 pm »

I like velks.  Ideally you need someone that can lull to split them.  You might be able to do it with fd and good timing.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:21 pm »

Necro + lvl 1 dot + fd + invis = single pulls anywhere. Add Mage coh and you can pull any mob anywhere (till trash gets see invisible)
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 01:34:28 am »

If you insist on leveling there (which you shouldn't, because the kobolds heal, slow your pet, and have high hp vs the exp they give), you can single pull by snaring a melee one with darkness, then FDing. Let the others reset, and he'll just sit there (you might need to pull with annul, then snare it). Once the other mobs reset, you can tag your guy and kill it.

Seriously though, fear mobs are high 40s to low 50s, good exp, low hp. Stay away from tentacle guys and glare lords, stick to zombies, scarelings, spiders, and eventually shiverbacks. Bonus: Cash loot.

Once you're at least 60, go back to velks and kill crystalline guys for diamonds. Still avoid kobolds. They blow. Seriously. Don't do it.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 06:59:45 am »

Necro + lvl 1 dot + fd + invis = single pulls anywhere. Add Mage coh and you can pull any mob anywhere (till trash gets see invisible)

Not everywhere...  Anguish trash doesn't believe FD.  You can try all you want, they just keep beating on you Tongue

Also, on a side note...  Using CoH to exploit aggro range to get single pulls is what was done in Qvic to get CoH removed from the zone...  I would think twice before using it, and really think alot before telling people you use it Smiley

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 11:25:33 am »

CoH wiping aggro isn't an exploit, although on live the player had to be CoHed a certain distance for it to wipe aggro, whereas here it seems it will always do it.

I remember us using CoH to help split dain back during velious.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

you are not exploiting range with what i posted, you are just resetting agro, once you invis and the dot ticks, as long as nothing see's invis near the dotted mob...solo pull. the range exploit is something completely different from what i remember (and we had gm's watching us do this in a group setting and they did not have any issue with it)
floorlava

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 05:08:05 pm »

If you really want to kill kobolds, if you fall down into that pit and get pretty deep down in there, there is a room with a bunch of kobolds that are by themselves.  You have to invis to get there though and it's kind of a maze. I think it is the area where you can swim up/down from the castle area.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2012, 07:43:00 am »

It's not so much that I WANT to kill them but grinding out kill after kill of Shiverbacks in Fear gets old and it would be nice to actually work toward a quest goal. Plus the XP from the quests are much better than just straight killing.

Hulkmad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678