Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:49:41 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Essence and UW  (Read 11053 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 06:42:25 pm »

Fugitive, the stats are even higher since that screenshot was taken.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 06:48:56 pm »

Fugitive, the stats are even higher since that screenshot was taken.

!! yeah the loping esse are going to be  long for me.. Ill peep @ it in bazaar!! =D and Whoa!! yeah

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

I think the only essences that need upping are dragon minors. In a day where I got 1 dragon minor, I could kill the same amount of t2 and get 8 dragon majors. Just seems weird to me. All the other essences drop rates seem fine to me, it's just drag minor that is ridiculously low.

I could also just be *really* unlucky every time I have done t1.

Dragon minor drop rate is low compared to the others.
However it is Hunter's choice as to what the percent chance is for the stuff on his server.
Don't get me wrong, I bitch about it more then the rest of you but thats how I blow off steam, I bitch to my online friends and keep on trucking.

UW rank 1 and rank 2 and *MAYBE* rank 3 will be common.
When you start seeing Rank 4's you know people are serious.
Also damn near no one had/has 100 essences banked.
A lot of people were close, in the 80s and were able to get their UW rank1 within a couple hours of logging in but thats to be expected.

If Hunter wanted I would code a scaling version of each rank but that defeats the fun of the item.

I have not notice any issue with Dragon Minor Essences being having a lower drop rate than others.  The higher demand and people desires to have a UW asap is likely the perception of a low drop rate.

Just my 2cp.

Then you are dumb. I have no desire for a UW and I am not farming the essences for one but when I was backgearing alts I ran 250 T1 tiki a day for 3 days in a row and I pulled out 5 essences.
I understand RNG plays a part in it but I am not the only one to notice it.

Do I really care? Nope, it's just something I gripe and bitch about with my friends because I like having something to bitch about. The rate is whatever Hunter sets it at.

Now for the people that want to see 20 essences out of 100 boss turn ins, I tell those people to gtfo.

Oh and FYI I generally run 7-12% per 100 for essences for every tier except Dragon Minors. That is my consistent spread and it seems fair. Days I run lower and days I run higher but I generally fall inside that range.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 07:01:01 pm »

Essences generally are around 5% drop rate off all tier bosses, but some tiers may be higher now with addloot script for trash/bosses in addition to the loot tables already there.

Today I bumped up the Dragons Minor just a tiny bit which goes into affect after reboot.

Just cause Ultimate Weapons are in the game doesn't mean you have to get it. Its just something for the end game players to do if they already accomplished everything.

So how hard is it? Lets go with 5% drop rate, although some bosses may experience 6-10% rates. That is 1 in 20 bosses. Need 100 essences per rank so that is 2,000 bosses per rank. And there are 9 ranks, so thats 'average' of 18,000 bosses to get UW. Of course with addloot zones across trash and bosses, this would make it fewer, but probably still close to that many boss kills. If anything I probably need to nerf essence drop rates in certain areas.

Since its so insanely hard to get UW, I'm even considering not making them lore to each other, so you dual then technically dual wield + have bow for 3x the stats for total of 3 Million HP added total. Need to think on that one. Only the super super hardcore would ever get 3 max UW's.

Off topic: ROA Rank 500 would probably take longer than UW IX.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 09:48:25 pm »

And IMO thats something missing from most modern MMO's.....a long, nasty, time consuming quest that will yield you fantastic results. Its something that keeps the fast achievers coming back for more, month after month.

Everyone goes for the 10 second instant gratification quests in todays MMO's, with very few exceptions....because if they dont then the little "Its not fair that it takes so long and I cant get it!" shits start their whining. The sad thing is these game companies seem to take it seriously.

Just ONCE I'd like to see a lead dev from a game like Rift, or WoW, or whatever say, "Tough shit! You want it? Suck it up and do what it takes to get it, or learn to live without it!"

But then most of these whiners.....their parents never seem to have the balls to tell them that....why should game companies be different.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 10:48:45 pm »

Is it possible to put in adds for t1 bosses?  That would speed up crystals and it seems as if it's something that is supposed to be in the game anyway since they call for help during the fight (for any other boss that results in adds)
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 10:57:45 pm »

Aha I can finally put in my 2cp worth now too! I agree with that guy above me, adds would be cool for t1, the only problem is kill them as a new player fresh into t1 with full tacvi is not so easy Without adds, much less with them. I know i had a hard time solo so it probably isn't fair. I don't think I will be seeing an UW until my son is old enough to farm essences for me while I'm at work Sad
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2013, 05:50:19 am »

I think the only essences that need upping are dragon minors. In a day where I got 1 dragon minor, I could kill the same amount of t2 and get 8 dragon majors. Just seems weird to me. All the other essences drop rates seem fine to me, it's just drag minor that is ridiculously low.

I could also just be *really* unlucky every time I have done t1.

Dragon minor drop rate is low compared to the others.
However it is Hunter's choice as to what the percent chance is for the stuff on his server.
Don't get me wrong, I bitch about it more then the rest of you but thats how I blow off steam, I bitch to my online friends and keep on trucking.

UW rank 1 and rank 2 and *MAYBE* rank 3 will be common.
When you start seeing Rank 4's you know people are serious.
Also damn near no one had/has 100 essences banked.
A lot of people were close, in the 80s and were able to get their UW rank1 within a couple hours of logging in but thats to be expected.

If Hunter wanted I would code a scaling version of each rank but that defeats the fun of the item.

I have not notice any issue with Dragon Minor Essences being having a lower drop rate than others.  The higher demand and people desires to have a UW asap is likely the perception of a low drop rate.

Just my 2cp.

Then you are dumb. I have no desire for a UW and I am not farming the essences for one but when I was backgearing alts I ran 250 T1 tiki a day for 3 days in a row and I pulled out 5 essences.
I understand RNG plays a part in it but I am not the only one to notice it.

Do I really care? Nope, it's just something I gripe and bitch about with my friends because I like having something to bitch about. The rate is whatever Hunter sets it at.

Now for the people that want to see 20 essences out of 100 boss turn ins, I tell those people to gtfo.

Oh and FYI I generally run 7-12% per 100 for essences for every tier except Dragon Minors. That is my consistent spread and it seems fair. Days I run lower and days I run higher but I generally fall inside that range.

Ouch, someone hit a nerve.   Drop rates were fine in T1 before the recent change.  Proof?  Look at the number of players who have high end gear requiring that very essence:  SoA, Augs (loads of these out there), and now UW.

enough said.
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2013, 07:14:35 am »

Good to have some nice reply s hope good comes out as say it wont be ultimate if was easy.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)