Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 01:14:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Getting back into the flow  (Read 6998 times)
Tankzilla

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:06 pm »

Hey guys, old school player here ( From PoDragons when that came out ) Wondering pretty much where to go from here.

I got a cleric / bard / ber / warrior / pally / monk.

Was thinking that would be a good combo to i think finish up PoDragons ( couple pieces ) then head to poGods... but what else should i be doing? I see people saying stuff about the UW and stuff. but thinking i should just be camping shards and stuff.

Just a general point in the right direction is what i'm asking for Smiley and or if my comp is good for tier 6+ stuff Smiley
jstraw101
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:53 pm »

Your group looks solid.   I run the same group substituting the cleric for an SK  ( although I'll rotate a cleric in for the zerker when breaking into new content) .  With the right gear, augs and charms you should be able to tackle most content.   A 2nd group and or partner may be needed for T6.   Many have a 2nd group of 6 to leverage for new content.

Charms and augs are paramount.   You'll want to max your pally, cleric and monks augs asap and then work steadily towards UC.    You want a minimum of War and Cleric/Pally UC for T5.   My UC pally heals fine for the most part ( as long as he keeps swinging).   The more UC the better.   Zerk and Bard at 41 Sorc for T5 or at UC if have the time.

Work on UW if you need a break.   You can tackle most content without it.    There is also the SoA.   Buy the recipe book in crafters guild to get an understanding of the newer items.

My 2 cents for what its worth (about 1 cent with inflation).

Hope that helps.

Peign
Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:17:03 pm »

Is there any guide or tips i could get for farming the UC, i get like 1 charm drop every 20 or so clears :\ thats full clear tho, 1-6 for pages and such. and also the crafter guild thing... really maxing trade skills is there like a buff to ts's on ezserver or something?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:22:06 pm by Tankzilla » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 12:08:26 am »

There are plenty of guides on the forums and plenty of great links on Xiggie's gigantic post of doom ( http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2243.0 ).

You group really is fine. A great many strides have been made at balancing out all the classes. There is very little "YOU MUST HAVE THIS OR DIE". Like I said the other night, I run SK/CLR/BRD/WIZ/WIZ/WIZ. Is this an advisable group? Hell no. Do I clear content? Yes. Do I have fun? Of course.

With warrior as MT, you will need more healing but can worry less on new fights. With SK as my one and only tank, breaking into new content is really painful but can be done.

In terms of somewhat horizontal progression (well technically diagonal), the RoA is now AAXP instead of releveling. Simply rampaging across Plane of Fire or LDON works great.

Lastly, for LDON: Find a charm you need and sit in the zone. My old guide (which needs updated drop rates) can be found at http://tinyurl.com/ezcharms

Anything else comes up, email/PM me.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 10:50:20 am »

The only UC I have is on my warrior for T5. I do fine in that zone with a pally @50 oracle and cleric at 1 oracle. I've not yet died on the warrior but I am sure it's coming.

Keeze
Peign
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:00:39 am »

The only UC I have is on my warrior for T5. I do fine in that zone with a pally @50 oracle and cleric at 1 oracle. I've not yet died on the warrior but I am sure it's coming.

Have you cleared the zone?   Have you spawned White?
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 01:42:17 pm »

oh look peign got a real name on the forums! lol. you dont Need a UC on pally for T5 but it is helpful. oracle 41 on pally and cleric would suffice with a UC on the warrior. you dont Need a UW ever and probably shouldnt bother with it until T6 after you have SoA already and nothing else to do when you are bored besides armor and such. any group would work, but some, like yours, will be easier.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:20:03 pm »

I ran UC on SK and 1 wizard at first. Cleric ran Oracle 4 (not 40, four).

With SK main tanking, the issue was never really healing (more of a lack of raw HP/mitigation). I only maxed out oracle because I was tired of hearing about it.

-Hate

Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:38 pm »

Have you cleared the zone?   Have you spawned White?

Yes and yes

Keeze
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

You're going to put in your time somewhere. You can put in your time farming your UC's for your group(s) or you can put in your time killing mobs. This is why I left T6 to work out a second group, (got distracted with UW but needed plat anyway). If you don't UC at least 1 group you are going to either spend months and months in T5 or your going to ride someone else who did get their group UC'd. And that's fine if you do that, if that's your game, play it. But you also can't really expect that you are going to be a strong power player and be able to eventually lead anyone else through the content with any efficiency. It is not required to UC all of your toons, but I would strongly suggest that everyone does.

Peign
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:48 pm »

You're going to put in your time somewhere. You can put in your time farming your UC's for your group(s) or you can put in your time killing mobs. This is why I left T6 to work out a second group, (got distracted with UW but needed plat anyway). If you don't UC at least 1 group you are going to either spend months and months in T5 or your going to ride someone else who did get their group UC'd. And that's fine if you do that, if that's your game, play it. But you also can't really expect that you are going to be a strong power player and be able to eventually lead anyone else through the content with any efficiency. It is not required to UC all of your toons, but I would strongly suggest that everyone does.

+ 1

Well said.     You have to do the time.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »

Just point this out as well, LDON is at the FASTEST farm time ever. I'm so damn lazy that I have not farm up a new character's charm past rank1 (or a new UC) in a literal year. The other night while screwing around in LDON4 I managed to get 5 charms (4 oracles and 1 brawler). That used to take ~60min per 2 charms. Before that, you had to SIT on a page boss for a 50% chance or face insurmountably high drop rates.

Just take it bit at a time. Don't go farm for 20 straight hours and burn out, just drop in an hour or two here and there.

-Hate

Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 09:23:47 pm »

Thanks so much for the feed back guys, Going to work some on the charm tonight i think... been in podragons aalllllllllll day trying to get a bard tier 2 chest to drop..... bbbuuuttt yeah.. lol again thanks so much! Cheesy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)