Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:42:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Might be taking a break  (Read 5721 times)
Ryndon

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2013, 11:19:51 pm »

Hi all,

I just wanted to say I might be taking a break for a while, in case I randomly disappear and someone is trying to find me. (Gusher is the character that has recently become my main.) I'm moving and starting a new job next week, and I expect the job to take up a lot of my spare time.

With all the rumors going around concerning UW's being taken away or making them 500 essences per level, I am just not motivated to continue the grind at this time. I'd rather spend my time in a way that I am sure will pay off, which for now means focusing on the new job.

So if it is being said that too many people are getting UW's, then maybe I should just take one for the team and bow out. I apologize for being greedy and wanting one of these, and messing up the statistics. It's certainly not an easy quest, but given enough time, everyone will have one. Given that EZ players have a habit of playing way too much and have no problem clearing the same zone 50 times in a row non-stop, I've just been trying to understand the logic behind how it was envisioned that not too many people would get a UW. If it is changed to 500 per rank, you'll lose me and probably others, but you'll keep the hardcore players who are not turned off by such a change, and they will still end up getting one. Just glad it's not my problem to solve  Cheesy

I will just wait to see how things stabilize in my life and on the server before I decide to spend my time in any certain way.

I've taken several lengthy breaks in my stay on EZ, but I must say that my most recent stay has been the most fun, with so much more content, not only additional tiers (which I have hardly experienced yet), but extracurricular things such as ToFS, spell research, UW's *cough*, RoA100+, SoA, and the newly added bazaar function. Thanks, Hunter and Hateborne, for the hard work! And thanks to all who helped me finally finish T5 and get better gear!

Maybe I'll be on a bit more before I disappear. Peace.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 11:52:26 pm »

Excuse me, why do you think you need a UW to enjoy the game?

Epics can do everything all the way up to T8.. T8 is a different ball game.

I guess everyone is looking for that short cut vs building your team up max augs ucv1 or 2....

/enjoy your vacation EZ will be here for your needs when you get the hankering again

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:00:33 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 12:18:25 am »

I never claimed a UW was necessary to enjoy the game. As I mentioned, I have really enjoyed playing since I came back from my last break. Most of this time I was without a UW. All I am saying is that it would be very disheartening if the quest was drawn out even more, after I've already gotten myself into it.

And in case your third sentence was aimed at me, I have been building my team up with augs and UC's. But why shouldn't I begin a quest that is accessible so early in the game? Just trying to have fun and not have my fun taken away from me.

A vacation will do me a lot of good. Sometimes I just get sick of some of you end-gamers and your attitudes. That's when I know it's time for a break.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 12:19:44 am »

Was only joking about UW changes in ooc.

We all need a break once in a while, and IRL stuff happens too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 12:24:14 am »

Sometimes I just get sick of some of you end-gamers and your attitudes.

Ahh, poor tittybaby asshat wants to blame the endgamers attitudes for his/her lack of ambition to finish a fucking quest.

Here hate me for this FUCK YOU!, don't hate me for being endgame.

Since you was already beating around the bush have at it  Grin

See you in-game... er or not /shrug

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 12:26:09 am »

Thanks for clarifying, Hunter. I think several people were worried, or maybe they were trying to keep your joke alive. Sorry to have killed it   Sad

Maybe at the rate I'm going, I will be on schedule to upgrade my UW in a few months then  Cheesy

Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 12:27:46 am »

Lol Fugitive, I already hated you, no worries. Your language was wasted on me. Sorry to not get all heated in return. Got better things to do.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 12:38:14 am »

Anytime anyone ever uses terms like 'you end gamers' or 'elitists' they automatically lose credibility imo. Fugitives first post was pretty nice and you instigated the heat with your hating on end gamers and tried to play it off with passive/aggressive bs. Enjoy your vacation but remember, the people who helped you through T5 will likely be end gamers when you come back if they are not already.

Ryndon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 01:03:13 am »

I guess Fugitive's first post was nice, relative to many of his others.

But I did say "some of you end-gamers." I have met some real jerks, but I have met many friends who are end-gamers. It is interesting though to notice a trend that the more towards end-game some people get (again, keyword: "some"), the more rude they are in /ooc. I could name two specific examples, but I won't.

I guess if I quit before I get to end-game, I might do the server a service, in case I would be one to go bad. Sorry if it sounded like I generalized to every end-gamer. I guess I just notice mainly the ones who speak up in ooc. I've never had a problem with you, Xiggie.

I hope I return to play again someday if I have more time. But now that I've stirred up a hornet's nest, some will be happy if I never return.

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 03:05:05 am »

Take care bud.

It's all about (mostly) having fun. And if that's not the case for you anymore, a break is in order.

I'll see you around  Wink
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 07:18:14 am »

Have a nice break!
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

Later man!  Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: