Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 01:10:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T9 Suggestion  (Read 5340 times)
zefirus

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:20:20 am »

It would be great if this zone could be toned down. As it stands, the zone is extremely difficult and slow to progress through. While I am managing, and a few others are, I do not see this zone ever being mainstream in progression due to its difficulty. enraged Kodiak can single hit for 2 mil.

It just seems like there was an exponential jump in dmg from the mobs here. I would recommend halving the dmg and removing some hp. There is just so much of this zone to clear. I do not want to detail to much out due to spoiler but just my thought as a non elite player who is doing t9. (By non elite I mean, only running two groups, ring lvl 225, and no uw x)
Peign
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:47:58 am »

I personally do not think zones should be toned down.   With all the guides out there, content is spoon fed as it is.

If it is hard, then good.  If you do not have enough hp, there are plenty of items out there that can help out.   Also, maybe T9 will require an actual raid with multiple healers (for some).    People are clearing it.

At the very least, I think a larger sample set of players going through T9 would be required before any changes are made.

Additionally,  T8 should be tuned up really, maybe as a better prep for what is to come in T9. 

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:12:01 am »

T8 is going to be a bit more casual or less complicated than last few zones. Just going to be a quick fun zone, not too hardcore like T5 or anything.

Peign
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 10:38:46 am »

T8 is going to be a bit more casual or less complicated than last few zones. Just going to be a quick fun zone, not too hardcore like T5 or anything.

Less complicated != Less challenging.      T5 and T7 are complicated due to boss spawns.     A zone can be uncomplicated and still be challenging.   
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 11:18:08 am »

Okay, then consider the word casual as it was used in the context.

zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 11:36:37 am »

Well I am glad Peign and some others are enjoying the zone, but I will still give my input.  (Do not misunderstand my suggestion as a complaint stemming from my inability to do the zone, I am here grinding it pretty well, though slowly)

OK I have 4 million hp and a raid that can handle up to 4 of trash in this zone. What I am pointing out is that the zone does not scale well with previous tiers. There are 600 mobs in the zone to kill. I killed 100 of them this morning farming my mats for my armor but what I am just pointing out is that it will destroy people who go in there without items that are considered optional. Also consider that one ripo sends a character other then the tank to the spawn point. 

Scale down the attack damage and perhaps scale up the speed of the mob. This way, team members can survive a ripo or something.

Scaling the Skelly agro range helped a bunch zoning into T9.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 11:59:08 am »

will destroy people who go in there without items that are considered optional.

The real issue is that most of those items are not actually optional. Content is tuned around the top 2% which makes life really hard for the more casual player.
Sounds like its doable for you but I agree just from what I heard that the zone was scaled a little out of wack compared to previous.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 02:04:07 pm »

You should only be tanking 1 trash at a time in this zone.

This zone was designed for breaking into camps, trying to get single pulls.

So you'll need lots of HP, single pulls, and healing.

Not too many mobs cast spells, just the Shamans and such.

Undead come out at night, tunnels are safe spot, guards will protect you there. There is merchant in tunnel with ring to click port yourself directly to tunnel. Succor now fixed to port you to tunnel as well. You can get faction up with tunnel guards if needed by killing mobs in the zone.

The night time undead are sort of slow, with lower hp, and higher damage, to give it a zombie mode feel like in CoD zombie maps or something. Should be able to kite them or just run away to tunnel. Their range has even been nerfed now.

Trying not to spoil too much, but the zone is a good challenge to attempt SINGLE PULLS and keep your main tank alive with enough healing.

Edit:

I like to make final zones max difficult to begin with, and then make them easier after a few more tiers come out.

If I make it too easy now and harder later, then the slackers complain the earlier players had it easier and got their gear easy while late comers got nerfed.

Hope that makes sense.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 02:08:26 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 04:55:16 pm »

You did a good job, my enchanter is working hard. Pulling one is the goal, sometimes you get an add, and then of course a wondering asp or something in the camp and with one hit kills, before you realize it, two folks are down. What I was trying to articulate was a way to make it so that the group itself has more survivability, but that is tough to balance.

If your goal was maximum hard, you got it.

It is difficult to get into specifics without spoiling it. My main concern outside of my own group was to make it so some of my guildies could join me and be useful.

Thanks for responding though, appreciate it. Poke your head into public t9 this evening... should not be hard to spot me.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)