Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:16:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: T2-T4 Dungeon and Doors  (Read 9286 times)
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:44 pm »

Maybe we can just remove the doors, and add more steps to the quest. Such as, adding the killing of 8 vile leeches and  the others to the quest to complete it... this way when the weak toons like myself die on the third level and have to run back through level 1 no one is stuck because the doors will not depop.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

The doors in the T2-T4 dungeon have an anti-cheat npc there to prevent that and people with the nodoors plugin for MQ2. Prevents zone round-ups or skipping past the required killy bits.

With reboot, the doors should be fine. I overlooked one piece of the door npc despawn (set to depop instead of kill), which caused them to repop during zone-in.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:07:36 pm »

my mq2doors doesnt hide those type of doors :p

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 06:58:57 am »

Can we please put the timer on the quest for server reset? That way we can still only kill once per day, but make it much more flexible so we can kill at anytime. Even when the server doesn't need reset anymore, could still set it to reset at 5am everyday.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 11:20:09 am »

Can we please put the timer on the quest for server reset? That way we can still only kill once per day, but make it much more flexible so we can kill at anytime. Even when the server doesn't need reset anymore, could still set it to reset at 5am everyday.

As stated in at LEAST one other thread, the server reset won't be around too much longer.

As for making it more flexible, the dungeons are here for people with little play time and to provide a small bonus. I'm not making the bonuses easier. If people want more from these dungeons faster, then people can go back to the original tiered zones.

-Hate

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:00:58 pm »

As for making it more flexible, the dungeons are here for people with little play time and to provide a small bonus. I'm not making the bonuses easier. If people want more from these dungeons faster, then people can go back to the original tiered zones.

-Hate

The intention is good Hate, but the excecution of time restrictions was not. Hear me out,

There definitely needs to be a restriction to once per day, but as it is currently set up, it only hinders people with limited playtime, directly opposing the intent. Right now, someone who is not limited on time can essentially do this expedition 24 days in a row before they have to skip a day. People with limited time schedules may be able to do it 3-5 times per week, about 2-4 days in a row before they have to skip a day. This means people with time constraints get to do the dungeon 5 times less per month than people who can play all day.

12 hour lockouts and similar suggestions are just nonsensical and dumb. However, a once per day global lockout allows everyone to do it once per day no matter what time they finish or how long they take. For instance, if the lockout were at 5am, someone could do it at 4am, then again at 6am, but they would have to wait until 5 am the next day. No matter how they tried it they would only be able to do it once per day.in 7 days they ran it 7 times. Alternatively, someone who plays every day at 5PM can do it every day at 5 pm and in 7 days, they also ran it 7 times.

In any case I have just bought my hatestomp Aug yesterday so it does not affect me much but I prefer to be able to do it once a day because I enjoy it.

-Anuli
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 02:23:39 pm »

-Hate

The intention is good Hate, but the excecution of time restrictions was not. Hear me out,

12 hour lockouts and similar suggestions are just nonsensical and dumb.

-Anuli

I agree with everything you said except that statement. Because you don't agree with it, does not make it nonsensical or dumb at all. A point was given and a valid reason was given.

Keeze
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2014, 02:58:56 pm »

-Hate

-Anuli

I agree with everything you said except that statement. Because you don't agree with it, does not make it nonsensical or dumb at all. A point was given and a valid reason was given.

You are right, I apologize. Suggestions like the 12 hour and alike *promote the opposite of what Hate originally intended, and are not practical solutions*. Suggestions like that would make it easy for people to do this more than once per day, which is the main point. Once per day. They are valid opinions nonetheless and I should not have said they are nonsensical.

-Anuli
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »

-Hate

-Anuli

You are right, I apologize. Suggestions like the 12 hour and alike *promote the opposite of what Hate originally intended, and are not practical solutions*. Suggestions like that would make it easy for people to do this more than once per day, which is the main point. Once per day. They are valid opinions nonetheless and I should not have said they are nonsensical.

-Anuli
I agree with Anuli too, it's not simply the lock out time that is restrictive, it's the time it takes to complete the task that needs to be considered too. I get to play from 8:30 to 11:00 pm pst, the pussbly task takes me roughly 40 minutes to complete and I started it last night around 10:15 which means I probably won't be able to do it tonight and complete it. Additionally if I get busy with guild members and start late the next night I would have to skip another day.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 06:43:51 pm »

Hates intent was to offer a small boost ....something other the daily grind.... just do what you can.  NEVER Intended to be 100% EVERY DAY thing.

the horse is dead ..

I think you are taking Hates intent and putting your own spin on it. Really this input had no value.
I don't really care to be honest, it's a neat addition and more than we had before so I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just offering feedback.

littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

So the door issue does seem to be fixed thank you for correcting that. But I just had an issue with stonecroak he jumps a lot then throws my alts around and through the wall and has gotten me killed twice now with toons getting stuck off map behind walls.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:24:07 pm »

So the door issue does seem to be fixed thank you for correcting that. But I just had an issue with stonecroak he jumps a lot then throws my alts around and through the wall and has gotten me killed twice now with toons getting stuck off map behind walls.

The jumps need to be re-evaluated and I'll cut the knockback down some. :-)

-Hate

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:50 pm »

Hates intent was to offer a small boost ....something other the daily grind.... just do what you can.  NEVER Intended to be 100% EVERY DAY thing.

the horse is dead ..

I'm glad you quoted Hate, because your statement is not reflecting his, hence your spin and no value added.

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 05:46:27 pm »

Fixed

some things are just not worth it!!

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 10:38:30 pm »

agreed Smiley