Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:15:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Berserkers  (Read 8126 times)
Etrik

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2010, 01:34:38 am »

Been thinking about them for a bit, I noticed from the epic vendor that they can turn in their epic for a 1 hander version; not sure if this was intentional or not but why not let them dual wield their epics if their main role as dps is an issue? Also maybe allow their epics to proc Frenzy in a similar fashion to how Paladins and SKs got proc rates boosted but not quite as high maybe half of what they do or proc more often with higher epics. I think someone also mentioned weapons cap out at 255 or something, if that's the case why not add bonus damage or some sort of elemental damage like fire damage +25 or something? Just trying to throw out some ideas and see what people think.

Also would it be possible for berserkers to get a viable upgrade to Destroyer's Volley or have it scale in some fashion? It's nice that it doesn't need the axes but the damage is based on those particular axes.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:15:03 am »

berserkers are about 2h. At least in live. Personally I always saw them as dual weilding 2h's and going berserk.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:30:08 am »

2h weapons are a Berserkers' forte and identity. I agree that their DPS could use a little boost being that their other forte throwing weapons is useless. They have some nice discs, but all and all tehy fall flat in the dps department. I would like the epic to get a damage boost, and maybe a proc. That should balance them more, and make more people play them. They are still alot of fun to play, but past t1 not sure if they are worth it at this moment.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Etrik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:45:31 am »

berserkers are about 2h. At least in live. Personally I always saw them as dual weilding 2h's and going berserk.

I agree with the 2h part, but with the fighters guild giving them the ability to dual wield one handers and the vendor offering the 1h alternative, it could be a viable choice. Like I mentioned before something like a frenzy proc effect would be nice on the epics triggering at a higher than normal rate (not too high) with the possibility of damage augs as well.

I would still like to see some form of an upgrade to Destroyer's Volley to be on par with epic damage output as well.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:10:15 am »

Berzerkers not being able to dual wield is hard coded. Giving berzerkers dual wield would not be fair to other single wield classes. That's where you start getting into blending classes and that is always nasty. As for berzerker dps, they have a very nice 3.0 click that they can click once every 6 seconds that does 6k non agro dmg. Oh, and it's aoe so it has huge potential. I know of a berzerker with a very low brawler charm (1 I think) that does 5k dps with the 3.0 on the practice dummy in fg. He did that with buff bot buffs and that's it. My monk has to get buffs, full brawler and bard songs to break 5k dps. Basically, if berzerkers get dual wield I want triple wield.

Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 03:27:03 pm »

How did you get 6k aoe clicky damage? I must be a noob with my zerker because my aoe clicky does 2400 damage and 3700 damage with sorc charm level 1. Is it a disc that I'm not using? Also, imo brawler is worth more because of haste than sorc with aoe damage, but you must pick one or the other, can't have your cake an eat it too. And going on the subject of aoe damage, once you get into the tier content, you are mostly single mobbing even trash so AOE damage becomes pretty much useless. Clicking the epic also puts a slight delay on your DPS so the extra 2400 damage isn't worth the normal 3500 damage without the delay with brawler. Again maybe I'm not playing the class right but this seems to be the case from my experience and if you have any pointers or tips I would appreciate it if you share it, cause honestly I tried pretty much everything to my knowledge.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 09:20:40 pm »

I do not play berzerker. Hunter said the right click on the 3.0 is a 6k dd and others have said the same thing. I have no idea why you are not able to get yours higher than 2400, maybe some other berzerker can post a hint.

Murrjok
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 09:41:25 pm »

3.0 is a 2k base DD AE modified by sorcers charm. with a lvl 25 sorcers at 150% that would make it what? 5000 AE? the focus from items no longer effect procs. Unless the 4.0 is a 6k base there is no way to get 6k DD AE without lvl 31+ sorcers.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 01:21:33 am »

Maybe he nerfed it, I don't know but I recently heard people talking about the 6k dd on the berz 3.0. I will do some asking around and see what I find. None the less though, 6k dd or 1k dd, it does not change the 5k dps that was recently parsed.

Boros

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 08:46:14 am »

Aiight to clear things up, my main is a zerker (also box 3.0bard(utility buffer),3.0dru(MH),3.0shm(buffer when MH cant heal for crap), Full T2, 3.0, RoA20 - 63.4k hps 2900ac 1684atk unbuffed
3.0 Clicky BASE dmg is 2500AE + w/ Sorceres Charm lvl7 3750AE + W/ Bard DD increase song it goes up to 4150
3.0 Epic is Base 185/22 Fire DMG :1 + i have the 20dmg AUG (making it 205/22) beating up on the Practice dummy im criting max 2658 W/ Cry Havoc buff + AE clicky + Destroyers Volley + Frenzy i was dealing around 4400DPS and thats pressing everything once it popped back up.
 Now let me tell ya the clicky can bug out meaning sometimes the clicky doesnt go off and you get the error "spell recast not yet met" which forces the cooldown to activate and wait another 6secs to hit it again.
 IMO of duel wielding Zerkers its out of the question we wouldnt be zerkers we'd be warriors that cant tank or taunt, we are a 2h specialization class plain and simple, yes i have a ALL/ALL shield but i refuse to go 1hs. We are Pure raw DPS, the zerker epic 4.0 i seen Hunter took out the AE clicky what it does now im not sure. Also the Coalescence of Rage effect which lowers the reuse time of Blind rage is apparently broken on the epics.
 Also thinking about is there a cap on ATK? B/c im maxed at 1684and  i have around 200ATK on armor thats being wasted and im not even sure it matters w/ dmg, accuracy or what have you.
 Anyways we need a revamp loving, i love the AE clicky and im careful not to use it in PoFire b/c i know for sure i can crash the zone. I would love to see a increase in the dmg of Frenzy maybe a new upgrd for Cry Havoc, and a quicker reuse on Blind Rage and Rampage (which btw is a killer combo + the AE clicky /drool). I was even looking in Dragon of Norrath exp hoping to find a taunt aug to put in my wep and then id be seriouslly happy, timing heals w/ druid and keeping the aggro is a neat job. Anyways im done yapping and probably said more then i needed but im tired and goi nto bed now.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 138