Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:54:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Some questions from a new user!  (Read 4374 times)
viper

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:51:11 am »

Hello all!  After about 6 years away from EQ I have been sucked back in when I found your server Smiley  before I left I had a monk and pretty much exclusively played that class, but with the way you can level here I have been trying out a few different classes.

At the moment I have been using a beastlord as my main and boxing a cleric for heals, it seems to have worked pretty well so far and I have just dinged 70 on both and have been playing in BOT for the past couple of nights I've been able to log in.  I don't think I am much of a multiboxer, but I think I could probably cope with one more...and while I was pondering this last night I thought I would come here with some questions -

1)  What progression of zones should I go for, am currently in the lower levels of BOT...where next?
2)  Is now a good time to start FG/CG?  Or are epic upgrades a better plan?  Or is just killing in lvl 70 zones a better idea to get some better gear?  Or maybe RoA?
3)  How far can I realistically get to with my current 2 box set up?
4)  If I was to add a third box, what would you suggest?  Tank?  crowd control?  something else?
5)  What's the waypoint thingy for in Surefall?

Thanks for any advice Smiley
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:25 am »

1)  What progression of zones should I go for, am currently in the lower levels of BOT...where next?

If you hail the custom zone teleporter she gives you a list of zones (which are in progrssion order if my memory serves). Ill list them anyway.

BoT > Plane of Time (Epic 1.5) > LDON (Epic 2.0) > FG/CG (Epic 2.5) > Qvic (keys you for 3.0 boss) > Tacvi > Plane of Dragons > HoHonor/Plane of Gods

2)  Is now a good time to start FG/CG?  Or are epic upgrades a better plan?  Or is just killing in lvl 70 zones a better idea to get some better gear?  Or maybe RoA?

In my opinion camp some pieces of the CG/FG when you are able to but its really not that important until you are ready to get your 2.5. Epic progression should be a main focus. You wont necessarily need RoA until Qvic at the earliest and may not need it depending on your playstyle. Also, it isnt until Qvic that your current set piece is required for the next progression piece. Dont be afraid to leave BoT/PoTime/LDON without getting all your pieces of gear.

3)  How far can I realistically get to with my current 2 box set up?

Qvic will stop you dead in your tracks - I recommend finding a guild or making a few friends to group with. Otherwise succumb to boxing a group.

4)  If I was to add a third box, what would you suggest?  Tank?  crowd control?  something else?

Warrior is going to be your best option. However, if you are like many out there who dont want to play a warrior because everyone else does I still suggest a tank.

5)  What's the waypoint thingy for in Surefall?

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=502.0

Understandably not everyone has the time to scour through months of forum posts. But I would recommend skimming through the forums as nearly everything you need to know has been discussed on these forums.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:42:45 am »

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 10:54:10 am »

Welcome back to Evercrack!

I'll second everything said thus far as being good advice/accurate info.

Something that is not mentioned much is character progression as it relates to zone progression.

Somewhere in BoT/PoTime you want to max your AA's. With the right group makeup you might make it through epic 1.5's before maxing AA's but I think you'd have trouble with that.

If you get stuck anywhere in this mix, FG will really boost your melee abilities and defense. Made a world of difference for my monk.

With 1.5's and max AA's, start tackling Ldon for 2.0 pages. When you get bored of Ldon you can camp cg/fg items.

If you are not being helped by high level/geared people you will need to get most/all of the gear from each zone in the zone progression to move to the next zone.

I had never boxed before playing this server. As I added toons in I got better at it and I now enjoy boxing full groups of 6.

For boxing I recommend:
WinEQ for memory/window management (the free one is the best one)
MQ2 for /stick & map (died to bad /follows alot before I got this).

Enjoy your time here. Great to have you.
viper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:09:58 pm »

Thanks guys, I appreciate you answering so fast!!

I've read through the newby stuff but hadn't had a chance to check out all the guides, but I am slowly working my way through them Smiley

I think a Warrior may be the way to go for my next box, but I'll see how far I can go without neededing that for now.

Thanks again for the answers!
Keto

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2010, 04:33:36 pm »

Honestly I think you should start working on your cg / fg stuff. you could always beg / pay for the actual epic fights

if you require any help and im bored i could also help ya out.

My warriors name is Kade (im usually on the war)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)