Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:08:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best healer to duo a warrior with?  (Read 8333 times)
Daynne

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:28 am »

Hi there folks,

Big 'ol noob here.  Been playing on EZ server for less than a week and am trying to decide what to run with my new warrior.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:52:25 am »

Cleric hands down. You will probably want to add a DPS class in the mix though if possible.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Daynne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 09:05:30 am »

Wow, thank you for the quick reply.  I've read plenty about having buffbots at some point if I ever get that sophisticated. Smiley 
I wasn't sure in regards to cleric or druid (i.e., didn't know if having a druid at this point with DS, regen, etc. was more important while I level and try to get AA's).

I'm pretty excited about playing here but I know that I need to learn to crawl before sprinting.  I just want to get a good duo geared out pretty well (through Dulak) and then work forward from there.

Looks like I will be doing warrior, cleric and rogue. 

Again, thanks.
korenogamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:38 am »

Cleric hands down. You will probably want to add a DPS class in the mix though if possible.
Could you expand on this please? I currently run with 2 paladins for dps and heal procs. Also have a bard for songs, druid for clicky, and shaman for clicky in my group. I been thinking about replacing one of the paladins with a cleric. I just dont know much about them on this server
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 05:32:05 pm »

@Daynne

Cleric healing is pretty essential once you get to some of the harder progression. I have a Druid with a decent Oracle's charm and he makes things a little easier with 3.0 regen. He's also great for RoA but his direct healing doesn't compare to my Cleric. Further Druid's can regen everyone but they don't really have group healing and the regen doesn't cure effects like a Cleric's group heal will.

For your additional dps I would suggest a Ranger or a Paladin. I like my Rogue but he's pretty high maintenance for dps. Rangers are easy mode and Paladins are decent dps with some extra healing. Another Warrior could be good for DPS but more of the same class takes longer to gear and you could have agro issues.

@korenogamer

Palies are great and I would keep them. I would probably replace another class that doesn't have to be in the group to be beneficial with a cleric.  Palies do a lot of healing but just relying on procs means you could get frustrated a lot during long fights because of wiping on a bad round and a long period without a  proc.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 05:41:00 pm »

If you have any cleric questions, fire away, my main is a cleric.

I'd suggest pally or cleric for a warrior.

Cleric can hotkey heal while pally is a proc healer.

Those two are really the only two healers that matter around here. Druid and shaman heals cant compare.

Bitch please.
Aname
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:03:27 pm »

Hubby and I used a Pally for heals to start out with.  We added a second Pally at T2.  It wasn't until T3 that we added a Cleric. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439