Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 08:19:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Let's play make-believe  (Read 5528 times)
Aname
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:15:36 am »

Let's pretend for a minute that you actually did something that took time and effort in your life.  You did this not only for your own enjoyment but also for the pleasure of others.  Let's also pretend that you only had one day a week to work on this project.  The rest of the week was spent working hard to support your family. 

After all your hard work, you create a truly enjoyable atmosphere where people can come together and have fun; where people can enjoy all of your hard work.  All your hard work gets you recognized by your peers.  Your status in 'legendary'.  You smile; you're happy.  Your hard work has paid off.

Then, along comes a new group of people to enjoy your hard work.  You're excited.  There are more people enjoying the fruits of your hard labor.  But, unfortunately along with this new crop of people are a few bad apples.  The continually demand things from you.  They complain that things are too hard.  They whine that things aren't fair.

How would this make you feel?  Frustrated?  Angry?  Hurt? 

Play this little make believe game and then think about Hunter.  He works very hard to make your gaming experience the best it can be.  He makes sure things are balanced and that the content continues to progress and improve.  And, he does this all for you.  He certainly doesn't get to play much.  He only has one day a week off from his 'real' job.

So, next time you feel the urge to complain about something in the game, think twice.  Is it really worth harassing the man who has brought you a wonderful version of the greatest game ever created?  Is it really worth upsetting him? 

Remember, EQ is about working hard for what you want, not getting it handed to you.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:11:26 am »

Wow...To think of a world that would put themselves in the shoes of another before speaking their mind. That would be a dream. +100 Aname your words are music to my ears.  Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 07:27:48 am »

People just suck, that's about all you can say.

Society has been breeding and encouraging the belief that accommodations must be made for people that are not happy, that no matter what the problem is, they are encouraged to voice their displeasure and that they will be made happy no matter how it negatively affects others.

I cringe at the thought of what my nieces and goddaughters will be growing up into.  
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 07:36:24 am »

I might be going out on a whim here but I don't think Hunter really cares about people's complaints nor does he take it personally.

If i say so myself, this EZ server community is galaxies ahead of what a lot of small-scale MMO's communities are, and DEFINITELY ahead of any other paid-to-play MMO as well.

Just sayin'

You want complaints, you want to know how to make the server better. And the tasteless kiddy-baby-whiners should/will be ignored.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

You want complaints, you want to know how to make the server better. And the tasteless kiddy-baby-whiners should/will be ignored.

Amen.
Equable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 12:25:54 pm »

For my part, I play the Shadow Knight "Trukum". He's all decked to hell, can solo most stuff he encounters, and generally tears stuff up. I have no guild and nothing really productive to do other than to run around killing stuff and letting others loot for free when others would charge. I do this to try and foster a helpful atmosphere as opposed to trying to play primarily for gain.

Example, if a Fallen Lord's item drops - whomever is near me and wants/needs it can simply have it. Sometimes someone will follow me around looting whatever they need. I enjoy being helpful and feel awesome when people express their gratitude.

Thank you Hunter. I can't imagine what you go through to keep our community alive. I was a Guide on Everquest live for years and the drama was incredible. It surely pales in comparison to what you experience.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 200