Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:57:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Heals/Procs  (Read 29214 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2010, 11:15:19 pm »

Im suddenly very thirsty for some grape juice.

Oh my .. if you only knew!!   Shocked

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Balthor2
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2010, 11:44:23 pm »

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2010, 12:08:46 am »

The issue with too much haste can be easily fixed with one line of code.  This makes sure the calculated weapon delay doesn't go below 10 since the swing timer will never go below 1 attack per second.

In attack.cpp, Mob::GetProcChances, ~ line 3577 add the second line:

Code:
	weapon_speed = ((int)(weapon_speed*(100.0f+attack_speed)*PermaHaste) / 100);
if(weapon_speed < 10) weapon_speed = 10; //Make sure the delay doesn't go below 10 since that's as low as the swing timer goes.

I've tested this locally with 500% haste and it keeps the proc chance from going below what it should be if you're swinging your weapon once per second while leaving it alone if you swing slower than that.  I don't know the delays on all the epics, but I'd guess most people with epic 3.0+ are hitting the 1 second cap pretty easily from gear + spell haste, or even gear alone if they have a high level brawlers or ultimate charm.

I'm not sure which rules you may have modified in the most recent changes, but there's two ways to go.

1) Add the above code, leave Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute enabled, and tweak Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute to find a good balance.

2) Disable Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute which bypasses weapon speed completely so the above code isn't necessary, and tweak Combat:BaseProcChance to find a good balance.  The default is 3.5% + applicable bonuses.

If you log in and type "#mlog setcat combat on" you will get the proc chances and other combat stats dumped into the zone log so you can see the percentages as you tweak.

#rules reload is helpful when you're tweaking things on the fly so you don't need to keep restarting the server for them to take effect.  You can also change rues using the #rules command, but I find it easier to tweak them in a database editor and reload them since that is less typing.

edit: changed code to ensure it will compile on Linux as well as Windows due to the annoying way max is defined in windows.h

I am not sure who you are, in game anyhow, but you needto be helping with this situation all the time ^.^..... Commend your time invested in testing that and your knowledge of coding !!!

Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2010, 02:27:13 am »

BTW I recently committed a spell effect to combat the issue of the proc rate adjustment in, SE_Twinproc(405) which allows you a  percentage chance to proc double. I will also look into the haste/proc change and maybe adding a rule so that servers can choose between the current proc system and a chance to proc every hit like before(which I find preferable as well).
Tbuki

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2010, 02:34:17 am »

BTW I recently committed a spell effect to combat the issue of the proc rate adjustment in, SE_Twinproc(405) which allows you a  percentage chance to proc double. I will also look into the haste/proc change and maybe adding a rule so that servers can choose between the current proc system and a chance to proc every hit like before(which I find preferable as well).

a proc every hit?

Cry

it sounds so beautiful
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2010, 06:05:42 am »

I changed the procs rule again, see if any changes after reboot.

Procs seem to be working again. Thank you sir.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2010, 06:58:32 am »

Redacted most of the comment. TL;DR kinda thing.

Wondering how many others have noticed a noticeable, if not slightly increased, rate of damage done to their characters since the proc changes?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:26:13 pm by Mechules » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678