Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:55:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Do you think Hunter should give us more AA's?
Yes-This is a good idea
No-We don't need anymore.
Not Sure or Don't Care
Make a Custom AA Tab that helps everyone.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: New AA's  (Read 12195 times)
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2010, 08:07:47 am »

Secrets mentioned something last night about a ROA style item bought with AAs.  Something like 50 AAs per rank up to 300 but each rank costs twice as much as the last similar to the assassin quest.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 08:36:30 am »

Hunter has already said in other posts that he and Basher talked about it and they will never allow the spending of aa to get anything.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »

I noticed there was a couple of new ones for my Druid, Gift of healing? (adds a HoT randomly to your heals, can't say I've seen it fire off tho) and another one that makes your next spell cost 1 mana (whoopee heh) that one I have seen... appears as a bard song.

Anyway I think those are listed as "Underdark" expansion or something.  I use SoD client so get acess to a few more AAs...  I think they were introduced with the last source update maybe?

There's also some level 75+ AAs that we can't use yet...  I know Hunter has said we will not see items that use AAs or whatever but it would be nice to see some of the Live AAs added so we can at least use a couple dozen of the 1000's of AAs we have stored up...  Maybe it's possible to set the level req. of those AAs to 70?  (or raise the level cap here to 80 hehehe.. no prob not...)

Oh also can we get Lay on Hands fixed for SoD?  I know it's probably a lame spell at this point but would be nice to have, maybe you can make it heal 200k hps or something... Wink

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 05:33:25 am »

Lay on hands has AA's that effectively make it a complete heal (set to 100% instead of "heal x damage")
I've used it on a pet before that had only 5% of his 200k hps and it fully healed it.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Tromi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 07:27:45 am »

Personally,i would like to see enchanters made useful to raid content somehow and druids included.An aa that improves the spell's properties for druids rangers enchanters somehow.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 11:45:38 am »

LoH doesn't work on SoD client at all.  It doesn't show up in the regular skills area (there's no button for it) and where it shows up is under AAs - it will let you spend a bunch of AA points on it, but it still doesn't work, and when you quit and relog all the AAs you spent are gone and the AA is reset to 0 again (something like that).

It's really a SoD issue with EMU, nothing to do with EZ exactly but would be nice to get fixed...

Yeah it would be nice if DoTs and nukes (druid, necro, mage etc) scaled with higher content (the best druid Dots stacked up do about 350 dps total... a paladin can get multiple hits for 12000 in less than 1 second LOL)
but I don't think you can (or want to) use AAs for that, more likely we need dropped spells - ala Wiz nukes.

Chanters - just fix charm and you're 3/4 of the way there making it a 1/2 decent class (I'll let you do the math on that heheh)

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 01:41:09 pm »

A 4.0 enchanter is a useful addition to any raid, and I think messing around with charm is just about the worst thing that could happen to the class as it stands.

Enchanter's arm adds 15% melee dps, add in the pet that does 9,5k dps with enchanter's arm on, and you've got a class that could easily cut long fights 15-20% (the more people you can have EA on, the more dps the "enchanter" does, eventually topping a full V-augged boomstick-class).

Yes, that requires either some clever botting or being a main enchanter, considering enchanter's arm lasts only for little over 1 min with all AA's up. Get the charm that extends buff duration, and you're set to keep at least three groups EA'd. If you have that many dps groups, you're set for "teh win" anyway, ench or not.)

The only thing an enchanter still needs is to have a use for the enchanting defender spells, which are currently useless (they can't tank the same tier mobs, they have no dps whatsoever (at least up until t3, don't have t4 yet), and the epic click pets have less hps but have a reasonable amount of dps to be able to solo t1 dragons).

If you take enchanting defender and make it a pet-only hp buff with a hate proc, then you got yourself a balanced, playable class from qvic onward, without messing around with charm (which won't work on the higher tiers anyway, since the highest level mob you can charm is 70).

Mages are fine imho but they need some love pre-3.5 (3.0 mage pet gets eaten by 3.0 beastlord pet, while beastlords are actually also capable of doing some dps meleeing). Wizards need their t3/t4 mana spell costs reduced, and need to get some t1/t2 spells introduced (possibly alternating drops with enchanting defender).

In all cases I don't think AA's are the answer to any of the class balancing issues, as they are perceived by the community (eg Enchanter is totally balanced and useful... 3.5 and up)

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Balthor2
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 03:07:47 pm »

Sorry to double post, saw walks post there.
You all want Lay on gnaughtyhandz and Catholics Harmful Touch to work on seeds client go ask the people at TheHiddenForest to give you their code fixes. They made it a # ability.
Myself I wouldnt touch them with a dirty gnume
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 03:16:41 pm »

Myself I wouldnt touch them with a dirty gnume
LIES!!! Gnaughty told me otherwise....
Balthor2
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 03:25:45 pm »

No lies, to put it blunt, if they were female, I wouldn't fuck them with your dick.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 03:28:51 pm »

No lies, to put it blunt, if they were female, I wouldn't fuck them with your dick.

LMFAO!!! I have nothing further to add.

/derail off
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022