Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:55:00 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Enchanting Defender vs Enchanter epic 4.0: Mitigation parses and desperate plea  (Read 6438 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:34:51 pm »

(For those allergic to long text: Enchanting defender sux, fixplz kthxbye.)

Ok - it's been a while since I posted on this, but this time I actually went out and got some parses done on the differences between enchanting defender T3 and epic 4.0 pet.

Here is the setup:
Chambersb
3.5 epic zerker, stock buffs (I know but I wanted to have a pure melee char, no procs, so war, paladin and sk were out)
4.0 paladin grouped with zerker and enchanter, to make sure everyone stays alive - is hitting the dummy.
4.0 enchanter, only buffs on the pet were 3.0 epic haste.

Left parse in the picture is Enchanting Defender, 1000 second parse.
Right parse in the picture is 4.0 epic pet, 1000 second parse (as you can see, amount of swings by zerker is nearly the same)

As you can also see, the epic pet gets hit 10% less, AND is hit less hard than the enchanting defender. This is a far cry from what Enchanting defender is supposed to do (Be a replacement tank). Also, considering a lot of the mobs post potime spawn adds, you almost require a warrior or a good paladin casting the AE taunt to make sure your squishies survive, because adds don't go for pets, they go for players). Enchanting defender does not reply to hails like a normal pet, and thinks I am not in the caster guild. It does not have attack buttons, instead I have to create my own /pet attack buttons (which only work because of AA's). It has less dps than Scruffy, about the same hps as epic 4.0, and the mitigation of one of the dead horses so often beat on in the rants and flames section of this forum.

My suggestion (again):
Make Enchanting Defender a pet buff, castable every 15 minutes, for 3/4s of what the pet has now for hps. Give the pet an AE anger, no damage, so it could also be a useable tank vs mobs with adds. Tweak these numbers as you see fit, but as it stands now, every enchanting defender from first one till t3 is useless. Even enchanting defender t3 will not be able to act as a replacement tank in something as early as qvic, and only on occassional tacvi bosses. Combined with the fact that epic 4.0 pet actually has dps, these spells are currently less useful than all my charm spells combined.

The long recast of the buff makes it so you can't chain the pets, so you actually want to keep it alive. The hps added makes it tank properly (as it still is FAR from the mitigation of a warrior), and the AE anger makes it protect its masters properly by making sure everything goes for the pet.

Thank you for reading,

Clevitsj

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:53 pm »

Enjoyed it, and also enjoyed killing your pet today Tongue
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:46:10 am »

Yeah - the only post 3.5 pet that I can beat is the druid t4 pet spell.

All the rest pwns my bwns.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:27:15 am »

Wtf people keep telling me enchanter 4.0 is around 8k dps?! Ima do my own parsage

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:53:48 am »

Enchanter epic 4.0 is 8k with haste, around 9.5k with haste + enchanter's arm.
Parses were done vs Chambersb dummy over 10-15 minutes.

Tag me ingame if you want to parse yourself, I'm more than willing to spend 15-30 minutes for some good parses.

Also, the above dps is the dps from the character vs the pet, not the pet's dps (in case that was the confusion). Aim was to get an idea of pet mitigation, which is best found by having something attack the pets and comparing their dps vs the pet. It's safe to assume that a zerker's dps isn't going to drop 1.5k from one pet to the other by virtue of RNG alone.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439