Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 02:55:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fuck You GANTZ!  (Read 5387 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:26:57 am »

I know no one (I have met) here on EZ is that much of an anime fan... however I am so frustrated with this series and have no one to tell it to, I'm posting it here. Currently out on camp watch on my base, so it's me and one other person watching our Comm shop. He already saw this show and laughed at my frustration.

Seriously though, if anyone has sat through all 26 episodes (maybe like me, straight through. roughly 9 hours of anime in one fell swoop) and just thought..."Seriously, what... the... fuck?" please share. For anyone not familiar with it, sorry.... but those who are can probably agree with me here.

If the show had ended at episode 22, with Kei's buddies all getting killed by the Buddha statues and him being the sole survivor... I would have been less angry. It would have kinda sucked, but at least it wouldn't have been the abortion of a wrap up episodes 23-26 were.

I don't know what the writers were thinking. "hey in the last 4 scheduled episodes, lets introduce an entirely new cast of characters... (immediately after killing off the entire previous cast, built up from episode 1-22 aside from the main character), and kill ALL of them all including the main character. With that, lets make the ending so obscure no one will know what to think! Sounds like gold to me!".

The whole series wasn't a failure, and I know the anime was finished without the Manga being completed, but that was just a cop out ending. Could/ should have been better *sigh*

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:51:44 am »

The anime was canned after the first year. The production crew figured they were good for at least 2 seasons hence the cluster fuck that is episodes 22-26.
If you read the manga it makes more sense as it continued well past what was aired as anime.

Loved the premise that was Gantz, and the art was decent enough. But the delivery of the story seriously sucked donkey balls.

*edit* oh and btw you and about 20,000 other people had the exact same response when the anime originally aired those last episodes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:53:49 am by funkinmofo » Logged

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:59:08 am »

yeah i was reading other responses about the ending earlier. Basically the manga ends with Kei and the chick he met during that last "game" in the room with Gantz, and they are the only survivors.

Then Gantz disappears, leaving just them. Its not a great ending, but it is better than Kei pointing at a speeding train, and calming saying "Bang!". I read one response to it, saying that the anime attempted to elude to Kei killing himself in the end, with the train scenario, and taking the old woman with him (which didn't appear to happen to me, but whatever) because she was "recruiting" people for Gantz's games.

I guess the idea was, Kei kills himself and the recruiter, then no more games happen. Gantz disappears either out of boredom with humans or just to switch locations, and end story.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 05:33:24 am »

Ya hate most anime for that reason...makeshift endings. (anyone remember Airgear)

If you haven't watched it though FCLC is worth watching. Its funny as hell and most of the time you are sitting there saying "WTF is going on!" (lots of japanese pop culture references) Its about the only anime that thoroughly messed with my mind that I can watch over and over and see something different each time.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 05:39:29 am »

I watched FLCL a few years ago, not since then though. I remember feeling as if i missed so much of that show, then immediately feeling retarded when i found out it was only 6 episodes long lol.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)