Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 04, 2024, 12:20:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Necro Or Mage? ? ??  (Read 8446 times)
Flawless

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:40:34 pm »

I am going to make a necro or a mage to box my monk with. My friend is playing a Burz. and Pally. So what is better in your guys opinions? Necro or mage for Mass pulls and solo. Smiley
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 11:13:10 pm »

From what I understand, Mage tops Necro until 4.0, then Necro just edges out the Mage pet.  I could be wrong, so someone feel free to correct me.

Also, both classes are very efficient solo-wise.  Mass pulls however, I'm not sure.  Remember the 10 mob limit in custom zones so you don't end up in trouble Wink

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 10:55:29 am »

I have a 3.0 mage and my bro plays a 3.0 necro.

I can send my pet in on a boss in Plane of Dragons and run out of mana healing it.

He sends his pet in and FD's while his pet heals himself.

Go with a necro man, unless you have a great group to go with it I suppose.

but call of the hero is NIIIIIICCCEEEEE

Requiem for a Dream.
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

I am going to make a necro or a mage to box my monk with. My friend is playing a Burz. and Pally. So what is better in your guys opinions? Necro or mage for Mass pulls and solo. Smiley

Necro>Mage.  Pets are pretty much the same with the exception that the 25k proc the Necro pet does (they both have it) is a lifetap, while the Mage just does damage.

A 'Burz'?  We had a guy named Burz on live...I think you mean Zerker, since Berserker has no u in it.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »

A 'Burz'?  We had a guy named Burz on live...I think you mean Zerker, since Berserker has no u in it.

I think he meant Burz.......

Requiem for a Dream.
Evilmog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:45 pm »

I have a 3.0 mage and my bro plays a 3.0 necro.

I can send my pet in on a boss in Plane of Dragons and run out of mana healing it.

He sends his pet in and FD's while his pet heals himself.

Ok I can fully understand the lower maintenance needed for the necro, but I rarely have mana issues healing my mage pet, granted Im only using the 2.5 pet and picking on Qvic trash. With my regen and the CG manastone, mana is no issue.

Although if you can find something a bit on par with what you're doing I wouldnt mind taking a crack at it Cheesy
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 08:32:22 pm »

The farther you go along in content the more the necro will edge mage and bst out because of resilience that the tap offers.

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »

The farther you go along in content the more the necro will edge mage and bst out because of resilience that the tap offers.

Well, with a Beastlord the pet doesn't really fight alone, and they have a lot more survivability than a Magician, as well as more utility in terms of slows and such.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Dood

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »

If any 4.0 necro's want to test their pets against a real Mage, I'm your huckleberry.

Mages > Necros Smiley

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 12:01:34 am »

Well, with a Beastlord the pet doesn't really fight alone, and they have a lot more survivability than a Magician, as well as more utility in terms of slows and such.

Nothing past bot can be slowed.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 12:04:00 am »

If any 4.0 necro's want to test their pets against a real Mage, I'm your huckleberry.

Mages > Necros Smiley

In pvp bst > mage > necros. In none pvp, in my opinion necro wins out because their taps. Though people who main their pet class would see things entirely different. As for dps, bst > mage > necro.

Rosalitan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »

Mages > Necros Smiley

challenge accepted nubcake :O lols
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081