Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:52:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Would you play on EZ PVP Server?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: EZ PVP  (Read 22161 times)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2012, 07:24:32 am »

I'd rather see you disable OOC than change the weapon delay/proc rate dynamic.

If people are too lazy to use filters to avoid losing sync with the server that is their issue.  The server is fine, it's people unwilling to do a little leg work that are losing connection.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2012, 10:40:33 am »

Even with everything filtered that I can find, I have issues with certain pulls, is there a way to disable EXP messages and the "Mob took 1500 damage" message that you get when a proc kills them?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2012, 10:42:56 am »

I can run 18+ with filters on or off and no lose synch.... turn spells and sound off.../sigh

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ennoia
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2012, 11:56:23 am »

For the longest time I have had my setup with a melee window, magic window, spam window and chat window. Here on ez I have moved magic into the melee window and put auction and shout in my old magic window. The first thing I do though is turn off as much as I can that way I only see my own hits and hits me. The rest of that stuff I turn off so it helps with losing sync. Crits are another big one I always turn off. If there was a way I could see my own, then maybe but as emu currently is you can not filter everyone elses unless you turn all crits off.

I wonder if increasing the per hit damage that we do (both melee and proc) and then increase the delay till our dps was the same would be an option?

Damage shields on certain mobs will need to be buffed through the roof, though, if delay is slowed down, and with the numerous far-beyond-standard haste effects on EZ delay would still very easily be brought back down to the minimum, so those also probably will need retuning.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2012, 02:38:28 pm »

I am not sure about procs but I know there is no way to turn off your own damage nor the damage done to you, nor should there be. Now other hits, as in me seeing another toons hits/misses/procs can be turned off. I was surprised at how many people do not turn this off but instead just filter it to another window and minimize it.

Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 08:35:00 pm »

EZ PvP sounds really fun. I'd definitely give it a shot, although i'm sure most would prefer to never play with this asshole again.

-Popcorn

Bitch please.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 10:17:19 pm »

I still think drops are going to have to be upped quite a bit more than whats in the OP. The tiering system of armor/epics/charms/etc makes losing those items a brutal punishment. Imagine having a piece of T4 armor looted and possibly having to start over at qvic for that piece.
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2012, 02:58:50 am »

I'd be all about this idea, but the fact i love playing a warrior as a main and with the way the servesrs ran playing a warrior would need to be fixed by you, or i'd be screwed, not sure where i'd put myself on pvp. I hate casters with everything and i'd either be a sk or pally, and honestly i'd rather put my time into ez blue. If you figure out a way to balance i need something to do when im burnt out on t6 Smiley
rippr

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2012, 12:56:49 pm »

I still think drops are going to have to be upped quite a bit more than whats in the OP. The tiering system of armor/epics/charms/etc makes losing those items a brutal punishment. Imagine having a piece of T4 armor looted and possibly having to start over at qvic for that piece.

In the same way imagine being a skilled pvp'r and going from qvic to t4 gear w/o the armor grind. I feel that 80% or more of the ezserver population has no idea what utility spells they have from 1-60 and a lot of players will find they suck at pvp because of it (but honestly probably the only ones who will play on ezpvp are going to be the smarter players). 

My main concern is flash of light on UF client dosnt black out your action bars/inventory so you can still bag your gear if your getting roflstomped.

Was also thinking any thoughts on making the t1-t6 armor sets all/all? dont need to increase drop rates. Would give incentive on hunting all classes, not just teaming up with a friend and camping someone the same class as you to steal all his armors.  Maybe also add a ammo slot items for each class type (priest, tank, melee, caster dps) that you get at lvl 1 that will modify your stats to make up for all the tierd armor having the same stats.
Maybe make tanks get one that increase AC by some % and a low amount of mitigation.  Or add a stacking 10% movement mod to melee/tanks help them chase down people.
Would also probably be best to make charms no drop, id see /ragequit for sure if someone actually got a UC and then got ganked by a wizzy.

I like the idea of ezpvp, but its going to be a lot of work to balance things i feel. And in the end will it be worth it for the 20 players who might actively play.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »

Was also thinking any thoughts on making the t1-t6 armor sets all/all? dont need to increase drop rates. Would give incentive on hunting all classes, not just teaming up with a friend and camping someone the same class as you to steal all his armors.  Maybe also add a ammo slot items for each class type (priest, tank, melee, caster dps) that you get at lvl 1 that will modify your stats to make up for all the tierd armor having the same stats.
Maybe make tanks get one that increase AC by some % and a low amount of mitigation.  Or add a stacking 10% movement mod to melee/tanks help them chase down people.
Would also probably be best to make charms no drop, id see /ragequit for sure if someone actually got a UC and then got ganked by a wizzy.

I like the idea of ezpvp, but its going to be a lot of work to balance things i feel. And in the end will it be worth it for the 20 players who might actively play.

I agree it would be too much work to try and balance all the classes, which is why I think they should just be left alone. Let the players decide if they want to play a class that will get destroyed in PVP, or they can play one that will be competitive.

The golden rule on this server might very well be 'dont equip something unless you dont mind losing it'. I would disagree with making charms no drop, because it will eventually lead to epics/scepters/shield of ages/RoA becoming no drop as well. And if that happens then what would be the point of PvP?

I personally wont be going beyond qvic or level 1 charm because it would be too much to lose. It should still be pretty fun though.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 08:13:08 pm by cerwin » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2012, 10:53:21 pm »

Imagine someone / group that are willing to race to the end of the game, get 750,000 HP, and be invincible against all 30,000k HP noobs? That'd be lol.

Yeah, I can imagine a lot of people stopping around qvic.

I don't plan to balance classes. No matter what I balance, change, etc, players will always find new ways to get an edge over each other, or complain about their class, etc. So its just a matter of what class you like, your tactics, and will power.

Thinking of what type of pvp tactics will be used when all spells made -1000 resist. Which spells will be used? Root? Snare? Fear? Blind? Pets? lol... best pvp might not even depend on gear.

Making bosses easier, and loot drop more often, might help with players gear getting ganked, and give some incentive to try for better gear since it'll come faster.

Just need a bit of time, and figure out what hardware/bandwidth I'll use. I'm sure it'll be interesting at the least.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 02:09:57 am »

Ready to roll my necro.... cant wait! lol

Pukagiz

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 10:49:17 am »

Ready to roll my necro.... cant wait! lol

necro tap tank FTW Tongue
             or
necro fear kite
             or
necro anything i always forget about necros...they are pretty boss at pvp too lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)