Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:43:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wixxors  (Read 5977 times)
Thyl

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:43:37 am »

After coming back to EZ from a long break  Smiley I decided to roll up a Wiz.  I feel certain mechanics kind of leave Wiz in the dust atm compared to other dps claseses. I know I have posted some comments about some of these things on another thread in the Wiz forum so please excuse that.

1. Mana: I think there was an issue previously with mana getting screwy over a certain amount. Is this why many items like charms, progression gear, and RoA have less mana than hpts? I know for most classes its not an issue because of high regen for casters but for Wizads it ties in with Manaburn.

2. Resists: Seem to get alot of resists playing casters in general. Maybe this occurs because their isn't a whole lot of debuffing going on EZ. It's not such a big deal for most casters because they aren't really relying on nukes as much as heals and pet or they use lifetaps which have a strong resist modifier.  Big nukes take a long time and multiple resists mean you could have done zero damage for 15 seconds.

3. Wiz 3.0: I love the effect. It's kind of limited though because once you get enough mana to do any serious damage you will never be regening enough mana to make full use of it during a fight unless you stop casting nukes and just spam manastone. Which isn't the best idea when you are getting hit by AoEs during a boss fight.  Since 3.0 only is usable once a minute could it just not consume mana? Or maybe keep it the same but improve mana/damage ratio and decrease reuse time. My wizard has about half T1 half Tacvi gear and MB atm does less damage than a multi hit daggerfall backstab on my rogue of equal gear.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 11:15:58 am »

never play wizard but mana cap bug have been solved (as i read on forum)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:28:00 am »

I saw that post too. I'm hoping with that fix items that may have had mana amounts reduced to stay under the cap can be modified back to greater values.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:32:06 am »

I saw that post too. I'm hoping with that fix items that may have had mana amounts reduced to stay under the cap can be modified back to greater values.

I beleive items had negative mana augments that kept you under the cap.  People have since removed those augments to return them to normal levels.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:36 pm »

Wizards are just another class that needs to be fixed eventually. I personally wouldn't play one until some changes occur. If you would like to however, you'll end up having to deal with the stuff like insufficient mana during fights after MB, lack of DPS because of resists, and all that goodness.

Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:53 pm »

Well with SoD there is a spall damage + stat that can be put onto gear, but it isn't in the eqemu code yet. That could solve a lot of wizard problems. Put that stat on their epics or something when and if they ever get around to putting into the EQEmu code.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 07:00:47 pm »

Well with SoD there is a spall damage + stat that can be put onto gear, but it isn't in the eqemu code yet. That could solve a lot of wizard problems. Put that stat on their epics or something when and if they ever get around to putting into the EQEmu code.
\

would require uniformity of client used (I.E. everyone using SoD) otherwise it will cause problems. I have said alot that i want a uniform client for EZ at least. would be great.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187