Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:43:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG task housekeeping (instancing, etc)  (Read 13399 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 06:31:21 pm »

It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to add back a sell cost equal to the gem. That way low end players can still profit from them, mid-high players can get back some of their losses when leveling jewelcrafting, and it cannot be bot purchased->crafted->sold for extreme AFK profit.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »

Adding code to kick players at a certain level from Mistmoore is  something to consider, is this not why those jewelry drops were made non vendor fodder in the first place?  I remember a lot of level 50+ players farming the drops in there for them.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 06:45:07 pm »

Not from my understanding. There were issues with playing buying the materials, making the jewelry, and then vendoring the jewelry for a profit. The reason this is important is that it becomes painfully easy to bot craft/sell. This can be done across multiple characters for huge AFK profit.

-Hate

Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:11 pm »

Adding code to kick players at a certain level from Mistmoore is  something to consider

The only problem with that is that Mistmoore has a CG drop (Advisor Robe).

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 10:14:13 pm »

yea that would suck if were locked out of mistmore with the cg drop being there.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:38 pm »

The reason why craftable items like jewelry has no value is because people did find exploits with creating items and making profits. Billions of plat had to be deleted to fix the economy. I seriously doubt Hunter would put a level limit on zones that you have to get cg/fg items out of.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 11:29:26 pm »

I don't ever remember jewelcrafting being consistently profitable, but perhaps with an enchanter with the maxxed AA it was.  Fletching was hugely profitable for a while then got nerfed so it was still profitable, but IMO not horribly so.  It also wasn't a secret that it was profitable, it was even mentioned in one of the tradeskill guides I saw on here when I had just started.

The big exploit didn't involve actually crafting anything at all from what I heard, and removing the sell value from all tradeskill components was more of a preventative measure against any other possible undiscovered issues.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 12:16:18 am »

I am not sure if you were here during that time or not and I can not find the post where hunter deleted 3.7 billion plat. There was an exploit done on this server where crafting ingredients could be bought for less than what they could be sold for once combined. I tested it out on the server that copied this server. i started with maybe 100 plat and in just a few hours had over 100k. Spread that over a few toons with a simple mac and you get the picture. That wasn't the only exploit that was going on at that time, but that was a pretty big one.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 12:34:40 am »

True, but setting the jewelry to sell for the cost of the gem alone would surely negate any profit to be made from autonomous crafting.

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 12:41:30 am »

I think they figured that it would involve going through and manually seeking out each combine and possible exploits. I believe someone just wrote a script to set all items that are a result of a combine to value of zero. Wouldn't it be easier just to replace the jewelry with gems?

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012, 01:49:52 am »

I am not sure if you were here during that time or not and I can not find the post where hunter deleted 3.7 billion plat. There was an exploit done on this server where crafting ingredients could be bought for less than what they could be sold for once combined. I tested it out on the server that copied this server. i started with maybe 100 plat and in just a few hours had over 100k. Spread that over a few toons with a simple mac and you get the picture. That wasn't the only exploit that was going on at that time, but that was a pretty big one.

I was here.  The exploit I heard about was much worse than generating 100k in a few hours.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2012, 03:10:18 am »

Yeah, that was just my example of starting out with a minimal amount of plat. Apply a bit higher plat startup, a mac, and serveral toons doing it at the same time and it adds up pretty quick. I do remember the exploit I think you are talking about though. The mass majority of the plat came from that one. Even still, the first one was too much to leave in the game.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2012, 05:15:28 pm »

Or just put a variety of a few gems on the loot table vs the jewelry.  (not HoH lvl of course)

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 07:54:58 am »

Was it not mentioned somewhere around here about the cg/fg items being in lower zones - to help the lower level players generate coin? Seems there shouldn't be a problem for kicking at 35/40 from MM.  This will just bring the cash back to the higher levels via Qvic+/Epic3.0+ runs, no?

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

A couple more places like velks that new 70s can use (since you can't cheaply instance it anymore) would be good. Ideally it'd be a place with a complicated layout (like the velks castle) rather than an open field of mobs so people can't macro it. A zone like Siren's Grotto or Grieg's End. would be perfect.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)