Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 04:28:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: LDoN Charm Drops Updated  (Read 29223 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2013, 08:44:55 pm »

between
the charm drop changes and the sls changes, things just got a lot easier for newer players.

Dont read too well, do ya?

Get over yourself Marxist. If you cant see that for newer players its harder to make money than it was when you or I started then your more out of touch and mentally challenged than I thought. As with the messed up ideology you derive your name from, any time someone says something you disagree with you dodge the issue and launch the personal attacks, and to be frank I am VERY tired of your bullshit. If you cant keep a civil discourse do everyone a favor and shut it.

And, of course, as I would expect from you there's a failure in reading comprehension. Again, I have no issue making money. But to claim that its easier for newer players to make money than it was a year shows just how clueless you are.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »

You 2 need to take this to personal messages, not the update board
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2013, 09:04:02 pm »

Very true. My apologies all

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2013, 09:33:05 pm »

lol.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2013, 09:52:15 pm »

Is it really that hard to make cash at the low end? I made the bulk of my money in postorms chests and looting gems from HoH avatars. It's certainly not as fast as bags in abyss or anguish, but should it be?

You are correct that you can still get decent cash farming up charms / pages in HOH which I had actually forgotten about so maybe my opinion is slightly misplaced. However I want to point out that I like the changes that helped with lag but I want to make sure future new players have a place they can farm appropriate amounts of plat.
Seeing as how easy it is to get to HOH these days that is a fine solution to what I perceive as a problem created by other solutions.
Thank you for pointing that out.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:55 pm »

I want to make sure future new players have a place they can farm appropriate amounts of plat.

Why and what for?  I just don't get how it is needed or what it will provide. Lets start at the basics and build up again
red2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2013, 11:11:56 pm »

Don't want to step on any toes here ..
 i am not a " new player" here, but have not  yet finished t5. i am still auging my toons, and plat and sls are slowing me down. farmed hoh all weekend looking for charms, and burned through all of it making u IS6 aug. Lets not forget WP and banker are over am illion plat to buy, that has to hurt new players.
So, sure they can prolly beg, borrow, steel to get t2/3.0 done in a few weeks, but the jump from that to finishing t5 will take MONTHS.
Koda

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2013, 02:47:30 am »

I want to make sure future new players have a place they can farm appropriate amounts of plat.

Why and what for?  I just don't get how it is needed or what it will provide. Lets start at the basics and build up again

Plat is needed to buy ore for strike augments. It's that simple. Everything else can be farmed, but there is no way to get around the cost of the ore. If I want to make 3 FS V augs for my paladin I would need ~3.6 million plat just for the ores and 24 SLS.

Twenty four SLS. You expect me to farm 24 SLS and then farm even more SLS so that I can sell it to higher end players and make 3.6 million plat to buy the ore for these augs? There is no way I want to do that. I don't even want to hear you claim that there is any shred of sanity in that notion.

The fact is, the market for T1 through T4 armor and other items in these tiers is much less active than it was a year ago. Combine that with the changes in gem drops and all of a sudden plat is significantly harder to come by when you are stuck in T1-T4 without strike augs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:50:43 am by Koda » Logged
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 03:29:44 am »

I was in the same boat, hell im still there. Make friends with as many as you can here, someone will likely guild you and help out with some of it for the greater good
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 04:19:47 am »

You people are amazing.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2013, 05:14:01 am »

Not saying rely on others to do everything for you. Just anotherthing to keep in mind. What "end game" player got there solo?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)