Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 11:44:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Zone Updates  (Read 4086 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 02:06:03 am »

Updated zones to stay alive for 10 minutes when no players are there.

This should help players to not lose bosses if they wipe out in instance as long as they get back within 10 minutes.

Hopefully this would reduce any server lag or strain from when player wipes out, and zone needs to re-open and spawn npcs again. Instead, zone is just sitting idle and waiting for players to get back in, which will be faster for the player since the zone is already created and doesn't need time to create/spawn.

Should take affect after next reboot in 3 hrs from this post.

Also someone found bug in my instance code that was suppose to prevent people from joining a different instance if your already in an instance. This has now been fixed, and I gave the player 50 credits for the reward. Major exploits like dupes or invincible mode usually yields 100-250 credit reward depending how good it is.

Depending how the 10 minute timer works out for zones, might be able to remove the code that prevents players from hoping from one instance to another directly in attempt to exploit place holder spawns. A player would need to wait 10 minutes for their other instance to close before entering it in hopes for boss to spawn instead of place holder.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:44:10 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 08:12:30 am »

Seems like a great change.

I lost my first Jevlen event last night because I didn't handle the top of the steps well and wiped like a dumbass.

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:16:14 am »

Nice!

Seems like a great change.
+1

Blarr!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats