Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:46:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: The grind...  (Read 12525 times)
Rick

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:15:29 am »

First I'd like to start off by saying I think this is a great server, and what i'm about to say is not meant to put down any hard work thats being done to improve the server.  This is just  my opinion.  It's great that new content is being added to the game in a effort to improve game play.  But can we mabey in the future try to avoid these extremely boring mindless grindfests of trivial mobs in nooby zones.  We already have CG, FG,  ROA, UC, and T3/T4, those should satisfy everyones needs of feeling like they are earning their equipment by grinding.  Honestly, no one wants to grind out 5 other toons for a crafters guild flag only to sit in the most nooby zones in the game 1 shotting willowisps in the hopes of getting lightstones.  If you actually played this game from front to back you would see it's really no fun at all.  Why not implement things so people don't have to regress into nooby zones?  T3/t4 is boring and everyone knows it,  why not make these crafters guild items drop there so there is a reason to go there besides killing a T3 boss to find a cloth or leather rot. Not gonna get off on a soap box and please dont take this the wrong way.  As I said before this is my opinion and is not intended to be an Insult.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 12:27:12 am by Rick » Logged
Pazz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:36:35 am »

I completly  agree with everything Rick said!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 12:55:13 am »

Greater (and Superior) Lightstones are now highly valued. Any noob can farm them in trade for servers like killing an Epic Boss for them or getting a rot, etc.

OH yeah, and you don't have to do this Aug quest.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 12:57:45 am »

This is all true, the point i'm trying to make is please to make us regress to progress.

Edit: The majority of us aren't new to the server, so the benefits of "noobs" selling these items are probably pretty limited.  I'm not asking stop the item drops in noob zones, just make them available in the higher level zones as well so people with T3/T4 gear aren't stuck killing willowisps to progress.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:26:27 am by Rick » Logged
Demin
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 01:28:04 am »

I'm merely curious why the trader guild was initially really expensive armor that you could trade and use for ROA or a new guild could put their effort into a suit or two to help themselves out...and now we have really expensive non tradeable augs.  Shouldn't the armor and augs be either both tradable or both not?   
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:38:19 am »

You want the best stuff, then its going to take time. Most MMORPGS are like this. Your not just given max weapon and armor in a day or week.

And if I decide to remove all grind, and streamline it all, then people would have nothing left to do.

High end items are bragging rights. Look what I got! Its the carrot on the stick to the noobs, droolz, wish could have, will have to earn it.

At least the grind is not as extreme as it could be, camping several days for 1 item, or raiding a whole week with a 50 man guild to get only 1 item if your lucly. EZ Server players are spoiled.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 04:40:28 am »

You want the best stuff, then its going to take time. Most MMORPGS are like this. Your not just given max weapon and armor in a day or week.

And if I decide to remove all grind, and streamline it all, then people would have nothing left to do.

High end items are bragging rights. Look what I got! Its the carrot on the stick to the noobs, droolz, wish could have, will have to earn it.

At least the grind is not as extreme as it could be, camping several days for 1 item, or raiding a whole week with a 50 man guild to get only 1 item if your lucly. EZ Server players are spoiled.

Enjoy!

It is because Hunter figured this out that he has the highest pop green server.

Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 04:57:48 am »

As a new player to EZ I must agree with hunter that we are spoiled!

We all know how good we have it but we ask for more and more to see how far we can push it.

If we were to get everything so easily it would be pointless, the stuff we get at level 1 I.e  epic 1.0 and the noobie charm, plus the easy loots makes it awesome.

Quit moaning guys, hunter is doing a great job!

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 08:51:15 am »

First off never think or act like you talk for the server as a whole you are just one mind and everyone i mean everyone even if they agree with you is still different even if its in the slightest. I for one enjoy RoA and going to nobody zones.  There is hundreds of thousands of things to do in everquest let alone things that ez server alone has to offer. If your bored your not trying hard enough to find things to do. May i suggest pick up a noobie and teach him the way of the server i find this can take up to a week of my time.
       As for content i enjoy grinding out and finding my armor molds. So what if it takes me a week to find one pattern I've been looking for. Just gives me more slaughtering to do. O and how i love to slaughter 6-10 hours in pod straight day after day anyone??? ahh good times indeed. You know every expansion of everquest just increased the hp/ac of mobs and added different spell graphics.  Wait i think i figured it out lol. You want hunter to set you up with a" save the princess quest"...... i'm going back to bed. O and this was just my opinion about your opinion.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 12:11:33 pm »

Sure you are....if you're willing to pay Blizzard and deal with the horrid community they promote.

I'll take the grind and the difficulty over the type people and play you can expect in games that dont have such, thanks....but thats just me. To each their own.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »

First off never think or act like you talk for the server as a whole you are just one mind and everyone i mean everyone even if they agree with you is still different even if its in the slightest. I for one enjoy RoA and going to nobody zones.  There is hundreds of thousands of things to do in everquest let alone things that ez server alone has to offer. If your bored your not trying hard enough to find things to do. May i suggest pick up a noobie and teach him the way of the server i find this can take up to a week of my time.
       As for content i enjoy grinding out and finding my armor molds. So what if it takes me a week to find one pattern I've been looking for. Just gives me more slaughtering to do. O and how i love to slaughter 6-10 hours in pod straight day after day anyone??? ahh good times indeed. You know every expansion of everquest just increased the hp/ac of mobs and added different spell graphics.  Wait i think i figured it out lol. You want hunter to set you up with a" save the princess quest"...... i'm going back to bed. O and this was just my opinion about your opinion.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers

First of all the reason I put "my opinion" is so I can avoid people like you  thinking i am speaking or acting on their behalf.  Second of all you reference grinding out molds.  Did I ever even mention the mold grind?  I offered solutions to the things I wrote about.  before you post a buncha dribble mabey you should sleep before you read and post instead of waking up to do it.  I enjoy the sever and appreciate what Hunter does.
The point I'm making is the best items shouldnt be coming from trivial mobs in nooby zones.  I'm actually asking that these items be made harder to get.  Showing people you killed 400 willowisps doesn't give you bragging rights
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 02:14:05 pm »

"Honestly, no one wants to grind out 5 other toons" Those are your words and i never recall you having a meeting with me to discuss my thoughts. So you can take your QQ and go hold yourself in a coner.  Then this " those should satisfy everyones needs" How do you know what our needs/wants are or how they can be satisfy.  Grin Even tho you state that its just yours you give reference to us all.

~Cracken
GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 02:25:58 pm by Cracken » Logged
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 02:15:17 pm »

As a new player to EZ I must agree with hunter that we are spoiled!

We all know how good we have it but we ask for more and more to see how far we can push it.

If we were to get everything so easily it would be pointless, the stuff we get at level 1 I.e  epic 1.0 and the noobie charm, plus the easy loots makes it awesome.

Quit moaning guys, hunter is doing a great job!

Wait till you do kronos for the 1st time alone or progress into T3/T4.  You'll realize Stuff stops being given to you real fast.  Just because I made a comment and gave a different Idea doesn't mean I not enjoying the server. I'd never insult the work being done here, and some people can't tell the differense between an insult and constructive critism.
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 02:22:02 pm »

"Honestly, no one wants to grind out 5 other toons" Those are your words and i never recall you having a meeting with me to discuss my thoughts. So you can take your QQ and go hold yourself in a coner.  Then this " those should satisfy everyones needs" How do you what what our needs/wants are or how they can be satisfy. Next time state that your opinion is of your own not the server as a whole.  Grin Even tho you state that its just yours you give reference to us all.

~Cracken
GL of Classic Composers

A QQ is a post that complains about something without offering a solution to the problem.  I offer solutions, I'm not insulting staff.  If you enjoy mindless grinds like this then go enjoy it.  This post was not directed toward you anyway cause your opinion matters about as much as mine.
Rick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 02:34:04 pm »

Anyway, I'm done on this topic.  Gave my 2 cents, no point in turning this into flame session.

-rant complete-  Grin
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057