Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 11:33:40 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Staff Presence  (Read 12313 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2010, 11:19:17 pm »

Ok, so i dont get offended by.... really anything to be completely honest. There is a line however, between acceptable language and just plain wrong. Ok currently it is 904pm PST and i am witnessing a good long 15minutes or so conversation about Rape, Gang Rape, Orgies, etc... When has this become acceptable global chat? Is this the kind of material we're allowing on EZ Server now?

I can understand the whole amounts of trash talk, character hate we dish out regularly (*cough cough* mostly towards China) but i mean seriously folks, grow the fuck up. Obviously this is directed more towards the offenders than anything. Just a few snippets from what i saw. Forgive the poor filtering.

My only real concern is, aside from these pictures who would be able to prove anything? I know Hunter doesn't give out staff positions without alot of prerequisites being met, but there needs to be some sort of moderation here.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 11:40:57 pm »

hmm... obviously my pictures are a bit small... regardless, if someone wants to read them then i can just send/ repost them

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 07:37:12 am »

I downloaded the pics and the text is still unreadable. I'm about to start logging chat and suspending / banning people.

There are two GM's, me and Basher. I am the only one that deals with users, and I check my email before and after work. If users are acting bad, trains, etc, then you can make a fraps video of them which will result in their ban. I work 6 nights a week, and rely on the users to police themselfs with fraps as a way of banning other players. You can post the videos on youtube or some other better HD video websites as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:16:01 pm »

I understand Hunter, unfortunately this night just had me rather heated. Its been several days now, i have the pictures on my computer, will send to you now. I didnt mean this post to be directed towards you or Basher, i apologize if it seemed that way.
Thank you for the great server.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 05:41:32 pm »

Yeah i'm with Reed this was one of the few days i did my absolute best to stay out of /ooc entirely (occasionally i made a dumb comment or question why the hell we were talking about this but i tried to stay scarce)

The "which EQ race is the hottest" convo (i remember that part) is a common EQ discussion. i can't count how many times i saw that discussion on Live in general chat. But rape? And looking at the screenshots, what i can see, someone talking about prostitutes? Just a little idiotic. The sad part is it's only been like this since Project 1999 invaded EZ. Granted this is the worst it's gotten so far but /ooc has been full of stupidity and people asking the same damn question literally 5 seconds after it was last answered ever since '99 went down. Is this how you guys represent your server? Is this how you all act? I mean if it is it's not very hard to believe that the retard DDoSing the LS came from p99...no offence but come on.

I remember the one that did the most "rape" talk was someone whose name started with a "Q"... and from looking at these pics i THINK it was Quazar?? i can't read it. lol To be honest though i was either zoning or AFK (or crashing lol cause as you can see in the screenies Nexus crashed if i remember correctly like 2 or 3 times that night) during most of the convo so i can't recall how it was brought up or what most of the people were talking about aside from a few snippits

P.S. Reed you should crop the screenshots down to the chat windows and post them again, should fix the size issue =D

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:34:59 pm »

Cropping now, i sent the full pictures to Hunter in an email already. they were like 8mb each, so it took forever. however these cropped ones are only about 1mb. so uploading now to photobucket.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:41:09 pm »

Sorry for no time stamp, but i already said time and all in first post.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 06:46:14 pm »

I have more conversation screenshots from earlier TODAY, apparently the new rule Hunter implemented isnt good enough and people just dont care. Im not posting here, obviously it would just be beating a dead horse.
But screens have already been sent to Hunter for review.

Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:57:26 pm »

I think we should just do away with the bad language = ban rule to be honest.  How old are the people who play on this server?  Are there many young easily offended people on the server? 

I was in favor of the bans about bad language until I actually read the text.  It was more of a conversation going on in the later ones posted by reed, which many people actually seemed to enjoy. 

I am still against the racist comments and anything derogatory aimed at other players, but a ban on all so called "bad" language is just silly given most of us are not children anymore.  anyway, /rant off

sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 07:22:13 pm »

Some of us have children that like to watch.  In my case at least.  And they are old enough to know what "your an $%# hole means.  My 2  cents
Tylo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 08:08:32 pm »

if they are old enough to know what it means, then they have probably heard every word in the book from school/tv/radio/relatives, etc.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 12:13:50 am »

I think we should just do away with the bad language = ban rule to be honest.  How old are the people who play on this server?  Are there many young easily offended people on the server? 

I was in favor of the bans about bad language until I actually read the text.  It was more of a conversation going on in the later ones posted by reed, which many people actually seemed to enjoy. 

I am still against the racist comments and anything derogatory aimed at other players, but a ban on all so called "bad" language is just silly given most of us are not children anymore.  anyway, /rant off

Well i dont mean to get EVERYONE banned that i post about. Just some language is meant for guild chat/ group chat/ personal tells rather than global discussion. And obviously its not my place to ban anyone. Just bringing it up for Hunter's review. I guess the channel i created kinda spoke to much on my part seeing as how its called " POST HERE TO BAN PEOPLE" or whatever. So yeah, guess i should just rename it.
However, the rule is posted by Hunter i just intent to enforce it is all. No hard feelings towards anyone of course

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 07:44:51 am »

Can they be chat banned for certain period of time?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Tylo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 11:11:04 am »

Well i dont mean to get EVERYONE banned that i post about. Just some language is meant for guild chat/ group chat/ personal tells rather than global discussion. And obviously its not my place to ban anyone. Just bringing it up for Hunter's review. I guess the channel i created kinda spoke to much on my part seeing as how its called " POST HERE TO BAN PEOPLE" or whatever. So yeah, guess i should just rename it.
However, the rule is posted by Hunter i just intent to enforce it is all. No hard feelings towards anyone of course

can i get a link to where these supposed rules are posted at?
Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 11:32:37 am »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis