Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:29:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Regarding qvic having a rot bot as well  (Read 12895 times)
karn

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2010, 03:31:24 am »

So today, i spent about 7 hours, just to grind qvic for 2 pairs of plate legs. I know I know, many of you guys been there done that, but really?! 7 hours and no leg drops....I mean its just ridiculous. doing repetition of killing bosses (over 30 bosses) and still not getting anything, is depressing. Please Hunter, I hope and will highly appreciate if you can take the suggestion of putting a rot bot for Qvic as well. cause staying in one zone for more than 8 hours is depressing =(

Feel free to discuss but please don't burn me LOL
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 03:43:06 am »

Qvic is a bit frustrating for me too.  When I first started there it was just too hard at times, and with all the trash at the entrance a wipe was just devastating since we needed to clear through it again.  Now that we've geared up a bit through Tacvi and some T1 it's certainly easier, but still just a painful zone for me to clear.

I also feel your pain on armor drops.  I have 11 more items to get there in order for my toons to be able to use all the Tacvi and T1 gear sitting in their banks.  We'll work through it slowly but surely, but we won't like it. Smiley
Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:20 am »

Lol I have been trying for the past 3 days to get Plate legs to drop, BUT before you think thats stupid hard...I think the Mat farming for 4 Anger V augs is by far worse Tongue

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
karn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 05:00:52 am »

officially 10 hours, and no legs....
karn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 05:02:03 am »

Lol I have been trying for the past 3 days to get Plate legs to drop, BUT before you think thats stupid hard...I think the Mat farming for 4 Anger V augs is by far worse Tongue

Nah, its easier, cause its fun, not repetition, besides you wont just simply focus on augs only, u will be running around doing bosses, so its fun, better than qvic's hell legging expedition
Firetoad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 08:44:10 am »

Big difference if you are looking for a specific drop in Qvic, nothing else that drops in there is of real use. However, farming the anger aug components in PoD also allows you to acquire other aug components such as the 1000hp aug, and ore.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:11:24 pm »

+1 rot bot for qvic
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 12:27:07 pm »

I'd love for it to happen. I still have need of a single pair of silk legs for bot #124846930 and I saw so many other legs rot.

Can only imagine how much time would have been saved from a rot bot.
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 12:48:09 pm »

In my personal experience with qvic, it's not only the class you need that's rare but the overall drop rate of chests/legs in general. Even with a rot bot, if it takes like 3hrs to get 1 pair of legs and you need 2 for rot, you're still looking at 6hrs. I dunno if it's just me that's had super bad luck on legs/chests or if that's the overall concensus but like I siad, that's my personal experiences.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Follow Me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 02:58:10 pm »

The RNG can be evil sometimes. 
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 03:06:29 pm »

Qvic sucks royal nutts.
Man I remember when I did qvic for something like 35 hours for JayD's zerker to get a chain bp. We managed to get everyone full armor minus chain bps and after we got his bp we got 3 others we needed in like 12min.

This zone is very frustrating. At least its easy AAXP and you can make decent cash.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 10:08:12 pm »

You have to remember that Qvic was originally designed for full groups of Time/Ldon geared toons to stuggle through, so it wasn't designed to get someone a full set of class specific gear in one quick "token run".

That said, yeah, it's a 1/32 chance for plate legs.. You're staring at roughly a 3% chance of being happy on a boss kill. When i'm farming for a toon (and i see others do this too), I'll drag a couple random ppl with me of different armor types so it constantly feels like i'm "winning" even though my plate legs aren't dropping, since someone can use the gear that's dropping.

The real issue with tiers set up like qvic is that so many of the useful classes (War/Pal/Clr/Sk/Bard) are all sharing plate. And anyone with a warrior usually has a CLR or PAL (or both), so it's hell gearing multiple toons in the same class..

Yeah, we can roll a monk, but a monk can't heal like a cleric or a paladin... Boxing, while necessary, makes the need for afk dps and afk heals a necessity over a luxury. You can't replace a paladin with a beastlord, or a cleric with a shaman, and come out on top. Which makes the grind longer because you will need plate x3 or x4 in your 4-6 box army.

It's more of a balancing issue than anything, but RotBot is a band-aid over a much BIGGER wound: T2. Because lets face it... T2 is horrid with it's class-specific gear.

There's simply no need for equality in the ore / gear drops in T2. You NEED warriors and clerics and paladins en masse for T2.  You do NOT need zerkers and wizards and necros and beastlords and shamans and druids and ..... etc... ESPECIALLY not in equal quantities.

If you wanted, a Lotto Rot Bot in T2 that had 2 categories would go a long way... A simple gambling system where you could turn in a melee ore (WAR/PAL/SK/RNG/MNK/ROG/ZERK/BRD) to get a 1/7 chance (no repeats) of getting the ore you actually need.. or a caster ore (MAG/WIZ/NEC/ENC/SHM/DRU/CLR/BST) to get a randomized caster ore back (another 1/7 shot at the ore you actually need).

While people could still sell a monk ore they don't need, or a cleric ore, etc... They would still be fully able to do something at least semi-exciting with their army of beserker/necro/wizard/rogue ore that is gonna rot cuz it ain't gonna be sold (and especially not at a price worth the hassle of gating out and guilding someone and then COH'n them in). Would a 1/7 shot at turning rot into your class ore be game-breaking? no. Would it be kinda fun? maybe. Is it even codable? Dunno.. Just a thought...

Could do the same with T2 patterns i guess, altho truthfully i kinda enjoy the /ooc " WTS CrowdController pattern at Earth Tiki, no banker or COH, starting bid 100k PST".. It amuses me. The dragon class slot drops kinda fix T2 from the actual armor side.

But remember one key thing: Hunter is *not* your friend. He does not exist to make your EQ life easier. He wants you to grind charms, to struggle in T2... in Qvic.. in Tacvi... In T1... In LDON... In Time.. In T3... His JOB is to *stunt* your progression to keep the server addictive to you as long as possible. The sooner you accept that fact the sooner you can move on with your emotions and get back to having fun.. He doesn't want you blasting from TimeA to T3 in a weekend. Now that the server pop is a bit up from previous months, we're seeing just how rough it is with all the ppl selling runs and gearing ppl up and speeding their progression naturally:

LDON and Time and camping FG/CG stuffz and T1 are just CRAWLING with people. You almost need to be guilded to progress because of the sheer crowd size.. Now Hunter has to juggle stunting growth, and fixing his BEST weapon to do so : increased server size. We're stunting our own ability to progress rapidly due to massive population. Smiley It all fixes itself, in the end.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:17:34 pm »

Here is a noobie question, what does the rot bot do? ive seen it in podragons, but hailing it doesnt do anything... Help me !!!

Bludlust

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 10:18:27 pm »

When you hand in two armor patterns IE Cloth Wrist and Plate wrist and you are a monk it'll give you back Leather wrist.

Everett - Warrior, Fable - Paladin, Bloodlord - Paladin, Kimboslice - Shadowknight, Combatmedic - Cleric, Bludlust - Ranger.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 10:23:09 pm »

I farmed qvic plate legs for 7 days straight(4 for bp), even ooc'd to buy some for 250k, it suxed. But then I thought about the farming/grinding I did on live and 7 days isn't crap. I think one thing is people get use to getting things pretty fast up to qvic, especially when they an army of alts with them or someone plowing through Time and/or LDON for their 1.5 and 2.0. Then they get to Qvic and are like WTF. Even though it took me 7 days and I hated it, afterwards I don't think it was that bad. I did all instances.  Between looting all the gems and selling what I could I made a couple hundred K in those 7 days and never once was able to sell the other class bp & legs. And Tacvi is "generally" a breeze anyway so it makes up for it. If you got everything really fast the game would be boring.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061