Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 11:08:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Poofing Instances?  (Read 11573 times)
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:05:49 pm »

So, I was in Tacvi today, bought an instance.

I took my SK out, while leaving my warrior in, because I had bought an Item Auctioned off.

Anyways, when I got my SK back in in Tacvi I had ran my war down to the waypoint and exited the instance, Retagged my SK and went to enter the instance again, and my instance was gone. I had just made it about 3 hours ago.

This also happened last night in Qvic a few times, and I just saw that someone elses instance poofed as well.

Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 06:25:28 pm »

Cleared my Tacvi instance twice, went back the 3rd time, just before 7pm eastern and it was gone, even tho an alt of my group was still inside the instance.  If my 100k Qvic instance has poofed, I'll be rather put out.  Huh
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 06:27:37 pm »

Yeah.

Update on my situation: I had gated out another Warrior to Loot some plate from The new instance and it ended up zoning in my monk (on same account, but weren't both logged in at the same time) into my old instance, that "didn't exist" anymore. (I know this because it was the same mobs cleared before it poofed and wouldn't let me enter, and also I had cleared the entire zone in the new one) Odd.  Huh
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:29:48 pm by Lostprophets » Logged

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »

I've never had a problem with QVIC instances in that regard...

However: I don't think i've ever had a Tacvi instance stay active even remoterly close to the full 24 hours. Never posted till now cuz, hey, it's only 10k..

But yeah, POD/QVIC/EPICMOBS etc all last full duration, and my Tacvis can poof at any time. I consider it a bonus when i get 3 runs out of a "24 hour" instance.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 06:35:42 pm »

I've had this happen a couple of times.  No particular cause, I just go back and the instance NPC doesn't recognize that I already have an instance.

At least twice, after having this issue, I've decided to go do something else for a while, and when I checked back my instance was back.
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:38 pm »

I've never had a problem with QVIC instances in that regard...

However: I don't think i've ever had a Tacvi instance stay active even remoterly close to the full 24 hours. Never posted till now cuz, hey, it's only 10k..

But yeah, POD/QVIC/EPICMOBS etc all last full duration, and my Tacvis can poof at any time. I consider it a bonus when i get 3 runs out of a "24 hour" instance.

I've never had this problem before and I've actually been able to stay in Tacvi/Qvic for the entire instance time til the 15 min notice or w/e pops up

Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 06:45:24 pm »

Regardless if it does or doesn't do it for people. I'm sure it's not what Hunter intended on, so I was merely pointing it out that it DOES happen sometimes.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 07:18:22 pm »

I might need to add more "Dynamic" zones again, cause I reduced them earlier this week due to RAM.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 07:30:59 pm »

Hunter- I'll pay you with a guild ranger.. (she won't mind) for PoA instancing that's no bound to public and vice versa

though I don't know many rangers that sport pink... through the woods..
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 07:34:13 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:29 pm »

MoW instance was screwed up too.

I zoned into chambersb and someone was killing him so I ran up, paid the waypoint the 10k, made instance, zoned in and no MoW. lol

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 08:39:47 pm »

I might need to add more "Dynamic" zones again, cause I reduced them earlier this week due to RAM.

I don't know if that's the issue or not, but when you hail the waypoint instead of offering to let you zone to your instance which if empty shouldn't be spawned yet, it offers to let you create a new instance as if it forgot you had one.

With the new change to keep zones active for 15 mins after they are empty I'd guess you will need more dynamics since there may be a bunch of empty zones waiting to clean up where there wouldn't have been before that change.
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 08:59:13 pm »

Now I just made a PoD instance, paid the 100k, zoned in and it was all red and looked like I was floating in the air. I opened the map and it was tacvi with mob corpses. Something's boned.  Huh

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 09:35:49 pm »

Hunter- I'll pay you with a guild ranger.. (she won't mind) for PoA instancing that's no bound to public and vice versa

though I don't know many rangers that sport pink... through the woods..

I'll throw in a guild Zerker umm maybe a warrior as well...

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 09:54:33 pm »

If you know a body snatcher, I have a guildy who absolutely litters HoH with usable corpses...all yours.

Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2010, 10:08:01 pm »

If you know a body snatcher, I have a guildy who absolutely litters HoH with usable corpses...all yours.

O.o you can zone in to HoH!!!! thought you was still chasing Storm Dragons

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678