Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:12:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Wizard Damage  (Read 11306 times)
ricorez

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:26 pm »

I was curious if anyone could tell me how wizards do in T1 and T2 named.  I was thinking having 1 for just the named and using manaburn would be decent but I hear even thats worthless.

Also if you get lucky enough to get them the t3 spell are they the highest DPS class.  I never saw what the Cast time/recast on the t3 spell is.

THanks
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:13:41 pm »

Once you get though T3 I can see a solo Wiz being competitive damage wise. However, that is SOLO. They are extremely high maintenance, a lot of click this and click that. Burst damage though they are unparalleled.

Faceless

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 09:49:06 am »

thats why you box 3 of them :O
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 05:50:45 pm »

thats why you box 3 of them :O

That would make them redundant and you would not get anywhere near the maximum potential of them.

Reid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 06:29:22 pm »

Just shelve them until Hunter finishes tweaking them G-Naughty. I'll still love them for the bunson burners they really are. If you want some real laughs you could team them up with me and quickly realize it could be a lot worse.  Tongue

You posted again while I was typing, so i'll answer that too.

50k mana is unreasonable. 30k wouldn't have been as bad, and would have more accurately put the wizard into t3 content before it could be cast anyways.

Currently Playing:
Spanker Madness, Bard of <Zen>

"The Optimist proclaims we live in the best of all worlds; the Pessimist fears it true."

I Just say "I like cookies!", and leave it at that.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 09:07:35 pm »

Wizard sorc 44, full T2 but has one t4 wrist.

70000 mana
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 09:48:16 pm »

Yeah I think I'm done trying to communicate about what I see as stuff messed up or class balancing issues.  Frankly because I get too into it and nothing ever becomes of it so basically I'm going to take a step back and let the rest of the server deal with it.  And take the hint from Hunter, if I dont like it I can play some other class or somewhere  else which I need to take to heart.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:35:16 pm by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
Demin
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:39:42 am »

I worry about some of the recent overreactions to class balancing lately. It makes me fearful for EZs future, frankly. If we, the players, wanted to be tortured while playing, we would switch to P1999. I tried it, made it to level 4, and never went back. I don't have the patience for it any more. EZ is more fun and relaxing to me...a GAME, if you will, instead of WORK. I already have a job, I don't want another.

For one, I wish Secrets, et all, would stop making master game CHANGES to source code that is on all EMUs, and concentrate on game FIXES to source.  In other words, fix broken haste, yes, but leave it up to the server on how often an aug procs.

Second, don't make wild changes to classes.  When the wizard sucked, make their spell better.  If it isn't good enough,  bump it up some more. then some more.  Don't make it awesome to where people farm full T3 and charms (ugh) then make them suck again.

Third, all this talk from people about nerfing classes....just stop. Let's concentrate on making other classes worth playing instead of ruining 99% of the server because you are the 1% that wants to play an Enchanter/Necro combo.

PS - I don't have a wizard.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 09:04:59 am »

Yeah I think I'm done trying to communicate about what I see as stuff messed up or class balancing issues.  Frankly because I get too into it and nothing ever becomes of it so basically I'm going to take a step back and let the rest of the server deal with it.  And take the hint from Hunter, if I dont like it I can play some other class or somewhere  else which I need to take to heart.

Gnaughty, now you see why I was sad playing a wizard? Did that stop me from running the wizard (Hateborne), SK (Verlorenen), and Druid (Wifflebat) combo though? Nope. Stacking Druid and Wizard AoEs was actually DEVASTATING. If memory serves, last two ranks of the fire AoE and then strongest druid AoE actually yielded some sexy damage.

Then of course, the druid HoTs were keeping SK up while his Lifetaps and epic kept heals screaming too.

-Hateborne

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 10:10:40 am »

Gnaughty, now you see why I was sad playing a wizard? Did that stop me from running the wizard (Hateborne), SK (Verlorenen), and Druid (Wifflebat) combo though? Nope. Stacking Druid and Wizard AoEs was actually DEVASTATING. If memory serves, last two ranks of the fire AoE and then strongest druid AoE actually yielded some sexy damage.

Then of course, the druid HoTs were keeping SK up while his Lifetaps and epic kept heals screaming too.

-Hateborne

That's about like saying that your 31hp pinto runs great downhill. Against a bicycle.

Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 10:44:56 am »

Yeah I think I'm done trying to communicate about what I see as stuff messed up or class balancing issues.  Frankly because I get too into it and nothing ever becomes of it so basically I'm going to take a step back and let the rest of the server deal with it.  And take the hint from Hunter, if I dont like it I can play some other class or somewhere  else which I need to take to heart.

-Hateborne

That's about like saying that your 31hp pinto runs great downhill. Against a bicycle.

made me laugh
Balthor2
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 12:34:44 am »

Bumpy bump-
Hunter will you please consider changing wizard t3 spell to 35,000 mana instead of 50,000?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 12:46:19 am »

/nod

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 08:41:18 am »

Change it to 1ook mana cost so I can have a lofty goal to shoot for.

Poop
ricorez

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 02:24:05 pm »

I was trying to think of ways to increase wizard damage before t3 spell and I was wondering how hard it would be to put a damage modifier on each epic.  such as 100% on 1.5, 200% on 2.0, 300% on 2.5 and 400 or 500% on 3.0.

It would be the same as Cleric.  Clerics can't heal at all until you get the 400% heal on the epic 3.0.

Its a very simple fix  (although I am not familiar with coding).

I would think 500% would be better taking 6k Nuke to 30k every 10 sec (8 cast time and 2 recast) although I think w/ haste and such it would be around 6 sec.

Thats still only only roughly 5k DPS which would be less than most melee but its a start.

Seems like an easy fix to add this modifier onto the item or hell even add onsor
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 233