Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 01:02:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: SoD Client Download?  (Read 19917 times)
Mechules

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:31 pm »

Didn't wanna throw this in general, but it isn't really a rant or flame. More of a request?

I've been looking all over the place for an SoD client available for download. I tried multiple Torrents (sorry for using that word), but all of them are either dead links, broken, incomplete files, or seedless.

I just moved into a new place, and apparently I got a strict ISP because I tried DL'ing a CD through "Privateer Cove" and my internet access got shut off for 2 weeks and I got a stern warning.

Would anyone happen to know if the SoD client is still available anywhere? I'd even go so far as to accept the link to a "T-word" although I'll have to find a network that isn't as closely monitored as my new one is.

I'd prefer if I could get a Rapidshare or direct DL of the file, even though that may be asking too much.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Received PM with 2rnt (haha didn't say the word!). I appreciate it, Sir (you know who you are Wink )
Anyone know if it's up on RS or something I could DL from home without being slapped with a fine and no internet?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:51:35 pm by Mechules » Logged

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 03:01:32 pm »

I would suggest anyone who answers this post to answer it with a pm. Providing links to eq software has always been a bad move on public forums.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 03:05:57 pm »

pm me too, heck if there is a distributor something that sells legit copies I'd gladly pay for one.

On a side note how stable if SoF? I have an old copy of that from my playing days is it better/worse than Titanium?

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 03:09:26 pm »

Hugely better. Lot more stable.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 03:12:29 pm »

Hugely better. Lot more stable.

really, so is it safe to say Titan < SoF < SoD?

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 03:15:14 pm »

I have not used SoD, but it seems that is the case. I would say that is a very safe guess.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 03:16:11 pm »

I have not used SoD, but it seems that is the case. I would say that is a very safe guess.

Right on, might have to give SoF a shot to see if that helps w/my lag issue in PoD and  Qvic.

Vadeem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 04:24:50 pm »

PM me too please.

I currently use SOF and it seems stable.

I constantly have problems with groups being bugged where one person is in the group and sees chat but no one else in the group can see them, target them, heal, rez, etc.. I remember this being a problem on live but it is much worse here on EZ. Is that a problem with SOF or something else?

Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 09:37:38 pm »

If you want to spend money, you can buy the Underfoot DL off steam, Underfoot client is almost as well supported as SoD(which seems to be the most stable of all clients atm) and the last few issues remaining with underfoot are pretty minor and getting fixed fast.
Vadeem

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 09:44:12 pm »

I did download that initially not knowing it was Underfoot and I had all kinds of problems.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 10:05:32 pm »

There was a source code update here a week or so ago that has most of the Underfoot support in it.  Might be worth trying again.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 10:32:48 pm »

I was thinking of buying a new version of EQ (am using Titanium) and saw that the newest version is called "House of Thule".  Do you guys think that would be worth buying - or should I try to track down Underfoot somewhere?  SoD doesn't seem to be available anywhere to purchase.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:24 pm »

Don't get "House of Thule" haha.... the newest expansions will always be the buggiest. SoD being the exception (although it did have problems when it first came out).

Underfoot may not be the greatest option ATM from what I heard. They still haven't fixed friend/ignore lists the last I checked. A couple other problems including one where hailing the buff bot will get you thrown across the zone and 20k dmg taken. I think that one might have been taken care of though.

I'm honestly really picky when it comes to content. I picked Titanium first because it seems like the most well-supported. However, the pros outweigh the cons for SoD, so I'd really like to get my grubby paws on it.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 11:15:40 am »

I've received 3-4 PMs from individuals pointing me in the right path. All of them have given me the same answer, so if anyone needs info on how to get SoD, please PM me and me alone. I'll take over from here =)

I'm just a little upset it had to be a 2rnt. I may end up purchasing a RS account just to upload it there so I can share it.

Vadeem

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 09:18:57 am »

Since I already had the Steam Client loaded I decided it couldn't hurt to take the suggestion here and log in with it. With very little time online it seemed to work great. Hailing the buff bot a couple of times in different zones worked fine. I haven't spent enough time to know for sure but it seems to be working.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 232