Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 06:04:43 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Graphic Files  (Read 4802 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:34:51 pm »

Would copying the SoF/SoD graphic files into a Titanium folder make the graphics work? If so this would allow more weapon models to choose from for Epic Weapons, etc. Haven't tested yet, but seems might be possible. If so, then we could have people download the graphic's into their Titanium client folder so new weapon models work for everyone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Caryatis

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 11:41:02 pm »

The files that contain the weapon icons at least are the dragitemXX.tga located in the uifiles/default folder, I think that enables the graphics ingame as well as the icons although not 100% sure(either way I know its possible to load weapon graphics from newer clients into older clients, just take some sleuthing to figure out which they are).

Recently I copied over the new HoT zones into a SoD install to see if I could zone into the new zones using the SoD client and it worked fine so I assume it might be possible to load all the weapon graphics and all the zones up to HoT into a titanium install. This can be accomplished in a legit fashion by just having people copy their titanium folder, run the live update patcher on the secondary install and then copy the relevant files into the original titanium install. This would be alot of files to copy and given the average intellect of eq players I assume most would struggle greatly with it but its an option.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:35 pm »

Good info. We'll need to verify exactly what our users need to do to update their graphic files, and then we can have some really cool graphics for epics.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 12:22:41 am »

On a side note, would it be possible to create a folder of said graphics/icons and throw just that file up on the forum download page? May be a lot more beneficial to the masses to point them towards the forums instead of telling them to copy their whole client, patch through EQ live, and then copy the folder.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:35:33 am »

Depends bout copyright I guess, hosting graphic files, dunno.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 04:37:53 am »

I kno you can take the armor graphics from velious ect and apply them for all graphics so don't see why you wouldnt be able to add weapons ect.

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 11:08:44 am »

The way I see it... when you boot up EZ Server, you see the names "Sony" "Everquest" etc...

We're using the same character models, the same level designs... hell... in non-custom zones, all the mobs have the same names!

Why worry about copyrights for some weapon models? It's not like anyone who downloads the weapon models folder has access to the inner bowels of Everquest, just by possessing that one file alone.

Worst comes to worse, why not "Anonymously" upload it into a file share website (non-torrent format), and mass PM the forums with a link? Then those of us who DO get the info can "word-of-mouth" it around the server and help everyone else out.

Just an idea, and a quickly thought up one.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 11:14:08 am »

Better still, to not get Hunter in trouble or shut down, we should delegate a motivated go-getter to share the graphics folders/files. =)

Then if any crap goes down, Hunter can just be like "ummm that guy is a total dick and I banned him" and move on lol

Another idea. Bored at work. Taking over the forums. Punch and pie.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246