Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:54:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Update 12 04 10  (Read 12579 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2010, 01:07:23 pm »

I was planning to work on Shadow (Epic 3.5) Boss in PoG, but I decided that I'll spend this whole weekend working on T5, T6, Epic 4.5, and Epic 5.0 stuff instead.

Some spoilers:

To enter the T5/T6 zone, you'll need full suit of T4 armor (possible and/or require Epic 4.0).
T5/T6 are all single class armors.
Armor combines for T5 won't require the armor from T4, as in previous tiers.
Boss spawns with triggers, not turn ins. No farming x number items to spawn a boss.

I'll be online (invisible) most of the weekend.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Edit:

I've realized the content is so HUGE, including possible over 100 recipes, 700-1000 items, and 100 bosses, that I won't be able to fit 2 tiers of armor into 1 zone. So it'll just be T5 armor only (plus epics). You won't have to grind a turn in item to spawn bosses, but you will have to move around to trigger them, and do a lot of events. Sitting in 1 spot for 1 boss for 1 item is just not how it's going to work this time. Also bosses will be more about surviving the damage than fighting for a long time, so yeah boss fights will be shorter, and I'll talk to Basher about making them less than 50 feet tall lol.

I haven't rebooted the server, but I've made a few fixes already for when I do reboot. Also planning to do source code update when I reboot, so the reboot would take more than a few minutes when it does happen.

Edit:

Updated Source
Updated Haste Cap
Updated other rule values
Updated Magelo
Updated Tradeskill Rewards Plat Values
Updated Spell file -
Spell: Wizard T3 does 25% less damage now and cost 50k mana to cast.
Spell: Brawler/Sorcer said VI when it was really IV is now fixed

Was unable to make a stack of Red Stones for T3/T4 to combine as a stack, so will need to find another way, possible thru NPC quest code.

Other updates done on T5, etc.

Enjoy!

Hunter
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:26:42 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 01:47:20 pm »

Not to seem ungrateful, but there are a lot of bugs from the latest source update that would be really nice to have fixed.  There's also some fixes/new features in the source right after the last update, such as fixing Gift of Mana for the Titanium people that can't simply block the buff.  There's also some new code that fixes the large values of haste on items being ignored and even a rule to allow you to easily increase the haste cap if that is desired.

I've seen a lot of chatter about the druid epic not taking advantage of oracle focus and focus of healing.  This doesn't currently affect me since when I roa it has been good enough, but I know it would make some people happy if it was looked into.

The Thanksgiving Boar spell doesn't seem to work properly.  If it was replaced with something else or fixed to work as described it would be appreciated.

I'm all for new content, but fixing the issues that come up as we get to the new content should have some priority as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Richard

The name is Richard Reames =) FaceBook it!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:36:10 pm »

I was planning to work on Shadow (Epic 3.5) Boss in PoG, but I decided that I'll spend this whole weekend working on T5, T6, Epic 4.5, and Epic 5.0 stuff instead.

Some spoilers:

To enter the T5/T6 zone, you'll need full suit of T4 armor (possible and/or require Epic 4.0).
T5/T6 are all single class armors.
Armor combines for T5 won't require the armor from T4, as in previous tiers.
Boss spawns with triggers, not turn ins. No farming x number items to spawn a boss.

I'll be online (invisible) most of the weekend.

Enjoy!

Hunter

To enter T5/T6  you having to have all your T4 gear is a great idea and also a must to also have your 4.0 is hands down the best idea ever to get flaged to get into T5/T6.  Boss spawn with trigers=AWESOMENESS

great news imo

War-Empathy
War-Empathyii
Monk-Sympathy
Paly-Empathys
Paly-Zempathy
Paly-Xempathy
Rog-Staburit
gimpy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 03:01:58 pm »

Now if Hunter was really evil, he would make it so you cant equip the 4.0+ unless you have full t4 gear  Smiley
Demin
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 04:40:34 pm »

Full T4 to enter?  Man, I can't even get the T3 bp to drop.  I have 4.0s on like 4 guys, though.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 06:26:44 pm »

well nice to hear your workin on t5/t6 will say I am bummed I've been looking forward to shadow change =/
Edit* oh. t5/t6 can we get reg sized mobs rofl =D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:29:05 pm by Wack » Logged

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:35 pm »

oh. t5/t6 can we get reg sized mobs rofl =D

What you dont like staring at a mobs feet while fighting? But It would be nice to see all of the mob you are fighting. Not that it really matters, but for some reason I'd just want to see them.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 06:39:56 pm »

Full T4 set requirement will make getting a fresh(er) alt into T5-6 content an utter nightmare in the absence of a T3 rotbot.

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 06:56:44 pm »

What you dont like staring at a mobs feet while fighting? But It would be nice to see all of the mob you are fighting. Not that it really matters, but for some reason I'd just want to see them.
ya it doesnt matter just like seeing what im hitting I guess call me odd =/

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 06:59:40 pm »

Full T4 set requirement will make getting a fresh(er) alt into T5-6 content an utter nightmare in the absence of a T3 rotbot.

I personally think it's a good idea, because progression is too fast on this server IMO.  I'm not suggesting that it come to the point of Live or p99, but people are able to progress very far in the game in only a few weeks time i they know what they're doing.  I've been playing casually since May and only have my box crew up to Tacvi.  

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 07:45:39 pm »

well nice to hear your workin on t5/t6 will say I am bummed I've been looking forward to shadow change =/
Edit* oh. t5/t6 can we get reg sized mobs rofl =D

lol try playing a halfling warrior. I have to look up to see the top of their feet Shocked.

Even my froglok has to jump while casting jolt to pull avatars on steps. it's insane.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 09:16:01 pm »

Yeah, the trash/bosses probably won't be super big, maybe only 15 feet tall instead of 50 feet tall. Would be funny to see main tank die so quickly from a little rat.

I'm reading your ideas and taking them all into consideration. Requirements to enter zone is definitely a good idea to slow down progression. I might consider either rot bot or dragon class style to help players get their alts up into T5, but that streamlining won't be a priority and won't be that quick. Might require 4 items for rot bot instead of 2 items, but would be better than nothing and get your final alt into T5.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

Not to seem ungrateful, but there are a lot of bugs from the latest source update that would be really nice to have fixed.  There's also some fixes/new features in the source right after the last update, such as fixing Gift of Mana for the Titanium people that can't simply block the buff.  There's also some new code that fixes the large values of haste on items being ignored and even a rule to allow you to easily increase the haste cap if that is desired.

I've seen a lot of chatter about the druid epic not taking advantage of oracle focus and focus of healing.  This doesn't currently affect me since when I roa it has been good enough, but I know it would make some people happy if it was looked into.

The Thanksgiving Boar spell doesn't seem to work properly.  If it was replaced with something else or fixed to work as described it would be appreciated.

I'm all for new content, but fixing the issues that come up as we get to the new content should have some priority as well.

Just my 2 cents.

The Thanksgiving item I thought was suppose to only work if its during Thanksgiving season? I don't know, Secrets created that event for us.

Not sure about Druids, will have to look into them.

Will check Haste Cap value rule and other things.

Working on a combo of fixes + T5 stuff all weekend long. Expect multiple reboots.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 09:55:15 pm »

Source change log:

==11/24/2010==
Caryatis: (Secrets) Haste values can exceed 127%(ie Can o' Whoop Ass).

Seems I need to update source code tonight for haste values. Melee people might be happy after its done heh. Would require down time. Going to get more edits done in the database before I bring down the server for source code updating, which is about 2-3 weeks old at this point.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 11:31:54 pm »

The Thanksgiving item I thought was suppose to only work if its during Thanksgiving season? I don't know, Secrets created that event for us.

It's up to you, but I'm sure we all thought that we'd get the boar during the event and then be able to use it all the time after the event, like Halloween pets.

The problem is that the spell the boar casts just doesn't work properly.  The first version seemed to for my melee toons before the recast time was reduced and the effect bumped from 15% to 25%, but now it seems to not work for melee at all, and the spell mod it uses adds a flat 25 damage to spell effects instead of a percentage.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246