Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:32:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: PoA crashes  (Read 41978 times)
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2010, 01:10:23 pm »

I've seen other people able to do it with the kb/root without crashing the zone. I'm guessing its either your client and/or 3rd party programs. I might temp replace kb/root with a different damage spell later when I get time.

What does this even mean?  Other people are able to do it without crashing the zone?  Of course...you can successfully complete fights without crashing the zone.  But the zone is going to eventually crash.  It. will. crash.   For me it is around the 5th or 6th in a row.  Then boom goes the zone.  Please figure out a way to leave the bosses up after a zone crash.  It will greatly reduce the anger and frustration that this problem (which affects every single person that does t3/t4/4.0) causes.  

Thank you for considering reducing the stone cost.  It would help alleviate some of the time wasted.  Also please consider making each mob have the same chance to spawn.  I have some data I'll post soon about t4, but the warlord is frustratingly scarce.

That's not all true. I used to fight for hours and hours 20+ spawns in a row. I can't ever recall crashing the zone when it was just me or me and Shy. Not a single time - only when other players were in the zone did it seem prone to crashes to me. Which seems to indicate something about what they are running/doing.

So what you are saying is that you and shy played au natural and everyone who is playing now must be using a 3rd party program or something else that everyone else is universally doing that is causing the problem? I am not trying to attack you but to suggest that you and shy went up there from the git go and never used 3rd party programs is to suggest that everyone reading this is extremely naive. Sure you can go up there now and 2 box MCP now or whatever but you did not start out that way. When you first started going up there, the source of heals came from clerics and clerics alone. And it didn't come from one or 2.

Jeez, everyone over react a bit. That wasn't what I was contending. However I think plugins that people run can absolutely crash zones - it was more than true on live and it's true here too. I think it has to do with the timing of how spells land/hit and the lag that is created with larger groups of people. MQ2 plugins were always capable of crashing zones - so testing without running mq2 at all is a great way of helping troubleshoot it is all. Hence my suggestion - could people read any deeper into that?

I fought both pre and post instancing Crawford - still no issues.

Oh and we did have a group test it that was crashing very often - and they crashed much less often without it. So it is certainly worth a try for you too.

I've done it with out any add ons no mq2 or isboxer and same happens

See now that's valuable input. I encourage anyone crashing to do the same and report back - see what kind of impact it has on your crashing issues. The more information that is provided the easier it gets. Do you honestly think if it was something easy/apparent Hunter/Basher/Secrets wouldn't have found it already and fixed it?

I know some people seem to be vastly aided in less crashed when running clear - this is actually the first I've heard of someone that isn't impacted. How many toons are you using Thebone on how many machines - and is it just you in the zone? How often are you crashing?

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 01:30:05 pm »

I can get crashes running vanilla 6 or 12 on same machine..
I can get crashes running 6 or 12 with isboxxer
I can get crashes with a default Global file
I can get crashes with a skinny Global file
I can get crashes using 2 machines with 6 on each.

The bottom line is the crashes happen..fresh zone.. 4-5 mobs in.. crashes happen with or with out 3rd party programs..

I know you have had good luck...
I've had decent nights then I have nights I crash on ever mob I pop.. with or without vanilla or mq/isbox

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:31:44 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 01:37:27 pm »

I was under the assumption that you knew that tests had been done, Crab, to determine that people crash without running any 3rd party program.  Fugitive (and others that I can't think of off the top of my head) has tested it all quite extensively.  All thanks in the world to Fugitive, but it would be nice if Hunter/Basher/Secrets would test as extensively as Fugitive has to figure this out.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 01:39:09 pm »

I wish I knew more about coding and zone stuff.. but =/ I suck.. thats about the limit of my testing..

and

Ran it on a xp machine , Vista and Win7

xp machine was 32
vista and 7 were 64

on and Crashing on Shadow who has almost the same spell set lacking Shout Kills...

I crash on shadow normally every 2-3 shadows.. or depends on steps..

ironic close to same spell set..

Haven't tested shadow out as much as poa though..

btw this post is not bashing or bitching just information Im passing along
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:54:11 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 02:07:44 pm »

I was under the assumption that you knew that tests had been done, Crab, to determine that people crash without running any 3rd party program.  Fugitive (and others that I can't think of off the top of my head) has tested it all quite extensively.  All thanks in the world to Fugitive, but it would be nice if Hunter/Basher/Secrets would test as extensively as Fugitive has to figure this out.

Well it's been a few months since I've been online. Believe me lots of tests were run back then, long before most people had even fought in airplane let alone MCP/T4. What we saw is people running with less addons and small groups were crashing far less if at all. If that's changed its information I didn't have. I do suggest everyone that's having the issue try it out though to see how it impacts them, it's certainly valuable info and individual users may see different results.
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2010, 02:32:11 pm »

Methods to lessen the problem are always welcome and are definitely worth looking into.  That being said, they don't remove the problem.  Something is causing the crashes.  Either the zone needs to be re-designed from the bottom up or some serious work needs to be put into discovering where the problem lies (and not just work done by the player base).
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2010, 02:33:01 pm »

I was under the assumption that you knew that tests had been done, Crab, to determine that people crash without running any 3rd party program.  Fugitive (and others that I can't think of off the top of my head) has tested it all quite extensively.  All thanks in the world to Fugitive, but it would be nice if Hunter/Basher/Secrets would test as extensively as Fugitive has to figure this out.

Well it's been a few months since I've been online. Believe me lots of tests were run back then, long before most people had even fought in airplane let alone MCP/T4. What we saw is people running with less addons and small groups were crashing far less if at all. If that's changed its information I didn't have. I do suggest everyone that's having the issue try it out though to see how it impacts them, it's certainly valuable info and individual users may see different results.

We shouldnt have to not play a group cuz of crashes... Then why have a guild??? Also the stun and root cause high amounts of lag try removing them and see maybe?? If you do this maybe make there dots hit harder to make up for no stuns? But as far as roots its just a waste...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 02:35:14 pm by Thebone » Logged

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2010, 02:39:13 pm »

I was under the assumption that you knew that tests had been done, Crab, to determine that people crash without running any 3rd party program.  Fugitive (and others that I can't think of off the top of my head) has tested it all quite extensively.  All thanks in the world to Fugitive, but it would be nice if Hunter/Basher/Secrets would test as extensively as Fugitive has to figure this out.

We shouldnt have to not play a group cuz of crashes... Then why have a guild??? Also the stun and root cause high amounts of lag try removing them and see maybe?? If you do this maybe make there dots hit harder to make up for no stuns? But as far as roots its just a waste...

See i think the spell load has already been changed by Hunter. T4/MCP didn't root back then only t3 did. That tells me hunter/basher/secrets must have already tried changing up the spells to see how it impacted the crashing.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2010, 02:47:12 pm »

I would like to see just the KB/Root removed for 1 day let us test and post our results.. tomorrow could be a great day for testing =) I got stones..

and login server seems to be playing fair..

-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2010, 02:48:35 pm »

See i think the spell load has already been changed by Hunter. T4/MCP didn't root back then only t3 did. That tells me hunter/basher/secrets must have already tried changing up the spells to see how it impacted the crashing.

I might be wrong but i do think t4 roots.. stuns and DT also dot....

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2010, 02:51:54 pm »

I might be wrong but i do think t4 roots.. stuns and DT also dot....

Spell load is definitely different if this is the case. Anyone confirm been a while since I did T4/MCP - if the load has changed which components are the same and which are different that would help narrow it down if it indeed it is spell related.
Crawford

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2010, 03:14:55 pm »

T3 does Stun/KB and Root.  T4 does Stun/KB/Root/deathtouch/ae poison.  MCP does all of the above, though I don't remember if it does AE dot.  The effects are negligible so I don't pay it much attention. 
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2010, 03:21:51 pm »

T3 does Stun/KB and Root.  T4 does Stun/KB/Root/deathtouch/ae poison.  MCP does all of the above, though I don't remember if it does AE dot.  The effects are negligible so I don't pay it much attention. 

Definitly the loadout has been changed then. Hunter would have to pull up the old loadout, but I know no root was in there at all and no knockback either that I can recall. Some people had the issue from the beginning too - so if it was spell load related it would have to be in the parts that haven't changed not the ones that have.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2010, 03:26:02 pm »

I would like to see just the KB/Root removed for 1 day let us test and post our results.. tomorrow could be a great day for testing =) I got stones..

-Hate"
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2010, 05:13:23 pm »

Guess that's my point, those two effects weren't there at the beginning and some groups still had zone crash issues. So it's likely to be the effects that were there not those 2, or it's unrelated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 306