Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:23:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 84619 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2010, 09:16:16 am »

My opinion the item scaling is outa wack.
Then again its like that on everything.

Scaling was double (100% more) farming for 75% more HP on the items. So you can see the curve

500 hp
800 hp
1500 hp

etc

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Norrok

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2010, 03:04:42 am »

Dont know if this is intended, so figure i might as well point it out :p

Remember a while ago you posted about how you reduced the HP on the freeport boss, and increased his Damage?

Well, i think its hitting abit to hard :p i can handle all the bosses but the freeport now, which hits me for 60-80k each hit.. my warrior being full t2 with full hp augs, only has 114k.. granted with RoA/ultimate charm, i'd be up to what, 189k hp, but thats still only 3 hits i'd survive, since AC doesnt really change from t2 to the better gear the other tiers, lets say on average a max geared warrior would have what, 220k hp?

Thats still like.. 4-5 hits on average and insta death, and thats to the best geared possable.

So i dont understand how this was a fair tradeoff, it might not take an eternity to kill now, but its pretty much become impossable.. i mean we're talking tripple the damage here in the change? thats insane, and i dont know why this hasnt been commented on before.

Im really thankful for everything you do for us hunter, and i understand that changes are going to happen that just dont fully work.. and i firmly feel this is a change that needs to be removed.

Veil - Monk
Norrok - War
Falkor - Ranger
Beatris - Paladin
Korron - Paladin
Laza - ShadowKnight

(Officer of [NuToSvr])
Balthor2
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:03 am »

A maxed out warrior is like 305khp not counting this quest item.
Average T4'd warriors running around are 250 on the low side.
I havnt bothered with this in a bit but I caught the ooc about getting wtfpwned.
I'll go try him tomorrow/today when I wake up.
I agree about the AC not changing from tier to tier, once upon a time the code was such that if Hunter increased AC melee became gods. That was awhile ago and could use a review.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2010, 10:10:41 am »

I'll take another look at this guy too.  Haven't done the quest since the first run as it was just too time consuming.  Warrior is half T3 with 220k hp so we'll see if he gets his lungs handed to him.  Wink
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2010, 10:23:38 am »

I'll take another look at this guy too.  Haven't done the quest since the first run as it was just too time consuming.  Warrior is half T3 with 220k hp so we'll see if he gets his lungs handed to him.  Wink
Goodluck, tried it the other night 240k war/260k pally/220k war/clr/bst and got face raped. Never got it below 90%.
Severs

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »

i just tried him 2 war 2 cleric pally and bst all t3/t4 and most have uc roa 100 and the best i could do is get him to 75%. someone let me know if you have been able to defeat this guy since the change and how if you did. I just dont see getting a full guild raid together everytime to kill this thing 500 + times.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 27, 2010, 07:34:23 pm »

Blame all the people who said this "event" was to easy !! WTF to easy.. 6+ month to complete....

yeah.. blame them

/e points around they are lurking here somewhere..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2010, 08:44:18 am »

Blame all the people who said this "event" was to easy !! WTF to easy.. 6+ month to complete....

yeah.. blame them

/e points around they are lurking here somewhere..

Did you try this quest ? how far did you go ? i finished the lvl 5 and stopped, its way to boring, easy, really easy, but too much boring ... why do we play Everquest on EZ server ?
To burn your free time ? or to have fun ? personally its for fun, EZ server is always on progression, adjusting thing to try to make them better, like a beta server, we are beta testing, and thanks to Hunter for listening what we say.

I think those boss need to be hard to kill, this way it will require skill, and many people to get them down, like the old raid we where doing on the live server when we wanted to kill a dragon or anything else, but this is EZ server, so fight must be doable with less than 40+ people like live need. But if boss are hard to kill then the number of the run needed to achieve this quest should be lowered. I dunno, kill them once or twice per level, depend on the difficulty to kill the boss, and let the boss drop a random number of the item so people who helped with the kill can get it Wink
I think fun come from the challenge and we enjoy the reward when we get it, not when we are at the point to suicide because we are bored as hell while doing our 500 + run ...

I killed the Freporte guard, the fight was more interesting than before, i tried with 6, wiped 2 times, one at 11% and second at 13%, so i came with 12 and i took him down in 7-8 min if i remember. i had to use more heal to make it more safe for the tank group, and added dps to kill him faster, but i think he is doable with 6, just need to practise him a little more Wink (Crab i know if you where here, you will want to kill him with 6 max  Roll Eyes )

Thanks for reading me to the end  Grin
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:55 am »

(Crab i know if you where here, you will want to kill him with 6 max  Roll Eyes )

Haha, funny been testing him with 4, I think it's totally doable just need a bit of practice on it is all.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2010, 09:48:03 am »

(Crab i know if you where here, you will want to kill him with 6 max  Roll Eyes )

Haha, funny been testing him with 4, I think it's totally doable just need a bit of practice on it is all.

/cheer 
We miss you Grin
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2010, 10:46:56 am »

I understand your wants, a lot of people are grown and just play a little in spare time... with a quest that will take a long time to complete and your all bent out of shape cause its boring...yea get more people there that wont get the item...

Unless it gets coded for every one that sees the kill message wtf is the point for a dps race to get the quest item through 6 uc chars full auger they will max dps every time...

So wtf about the other ppl as your group or my grp rakes the quest item every kill...how's that fair to the rest of the ppl who's dps isn't great or haven't got maxed goons like you and I...

The quest needs to be groupable by 6 to with heavy charms and 3.5s.

I want to see this quest attainable by others not just rage, foh, fp,Bh,demo, fol and and any other heavy 4.0 guild I missed...don't get your feelings hurt...

This already long quest for a fking awesome weapon doesn't need to be longer... yes enjoyable but not longer....

This was from phone ill edit grammar and stuff later...

Flame me if you want. /shrug

« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:20:47 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 11:31:06 am »

I want to make these bosses 1-group-able and the whole group gets a reward / credit for the kill. If it takes more than 6 players to down the bosses, then I'll consider making them easier. Good thing I'm just experiementing with 1 boss for now. I'll continue to tweak them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 11:44:24 am »

I'd agree heartily on the side that this should be at least a bit more attainable. While yes, it is true that the RoA, UC, and now the Assassin Range item ARE optional, and nobody HAS to get them, it's pretty much a fact that you do indeed HAVE to get the UC and RoA 100 to get the Assassin Range item (as it is currently) or progress into T4/4.0 smoothly.

I'm the kind of guy that loves to dabble into everything, and while the UC and RoA are pretty big timesinks for someone starting out, they're very much a possibility and are actually relatively easy to get.

From what I've read, doing this 256 times to get lvl 9, only to realize you're halfway done is kind of a bummer. I don't see a lot incentive to go from 9-10 (double the time) for a 75% increase in stats.

While this shouldn't be something that you can get in 100 hours, it shouldn't be something you wouldn't WANT to get in a year of straight grinding. All I seem to hear is complaints from both sides. Some say it's too easy and should be made harder, with less time between upgrades. Some say it's too hard, but will agree that there should be less time between upgrades. Either way, I'm getting the impression that when some in the forums would say "not everyone is going to get this," what I hear is that "NOBODY IS GOING TO GET THIS."

I'm sure more folks would go with toning it down a bit and creating another formula for the creation of lvls 1-10. Perhaps an expanding variable?

lvl 1 = 1 set of 10 bosses
lvl 2 = 2 (more) sets of 10 bosses
lvl 3 = 3 (more) sets of 10 bosses
etc. etc...

Then at level 10, it would come out to 10+9+8+7+6+5+4+3+2+1= 55 total (if my brain is correct)

Now, yes that seems WAY too easy now compared to the 512 we were initially supposed to do, BUT... why don't we reduce the stats of 1-10, and expand the range item to a maximum level of... say.... 25? That means instead of a 75% increase per level, it'd be more like a 30-35% increase per level.

25+24+23+22+21+20+19+18......+3+2+1= 325 (again, if my brain is correct).

At 325 runs, you could even cut the stats down to +25% per level and still leave the customer satisfied. This also means you are effectively reducing the amount of runs required by expanding the max level, but STILL making it a grind that not everyone is going to get, but there is a higher chance that few WILL. UC has (relatively speaking) 200 levels to grind out. RoA has 100. This one shouldn't be cut down to 10 levels, where lvl10 is twice the grind as lvl9.

My 2 cents.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:53:43 pm by Mechules » Logged

Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 11:47:11 am »

I want to make these bosses 1-group-able and the whole group gets a reward / credit for the kill. If it takes more than 6 players to down the bosses, then I'll consider making them easier. Good thing I'm just experiementing with 1 boss for now. I'll continue to tweak them.

Yeah, but are you talking about 1 groupable for a group of 4.0's with UC's and lvl 100 RoA's?
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:15 am »

Yeah, but are you talking about 1 groupable for a group of 4.0's with UC's and lvl 100 RoA's?

Sorry to borrow your quote, but this ties in perfectly with the first paragraph of my post =P

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 142