Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:17:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Author Topic: Assassin Quest  (Read 84648 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2011, 02:03:30 pm »

OK woo woo just read this didnt know the quest was changing to group reward.  Damn I love you man i am so gay for you right now.  Yeah that boss was a toughie hell even his guards has eleventy billion hp's!  they irritated me after he was dead they stuck around and kept poking me forevor.  was a very fun change to T3 T4 and that whole bit, I'll be doing this after it changes to group reward on everyone for sure!

Poop
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:07 am »

Been doing this a bit lately in hopes of at least Rank6 or 7 (gotta see how much more can stomach =p). The zones are pretty much empty at all hours, so that kind of speaks of the server populations interest on doing this quest... I mean the grind is insane, and makes sense that it would be since the final reward is pretty outrageously good. Current priority is most likely T5, but figured would pelt my pile of 2 cents somewhere!

What throws folks off the most imo are:

- Running through multiple zones to half of the names (neriak, freeport, qeynos, kaladim, erudin)

- 100k instances. That's 1mill total for 24h of all 10 zones - wtf? o_O

- Losing faction with the cities and thus having more issues getting to the names (most notable in qeynos, freeport, rivervale)

- The grind in general is overwhelming to think of, so just makes people cringe at thinking about doing this. This ofc can't be helped, since it should be insanely grindy to make up for 72k hp item. =p

Couple suggestions personally I'd have on making this more tolerable!

- Let us port directly to the right zones. I bound all my toons to neriakc to avoid the tedious trek through all the zones, but still hafta do the damn runs through erudin and freeport and qeynos. The running around takes up like 1/2nd of the time doing this (except maybe if you got /stick in use, dunno then).

- Make factioning easier? Alot of cases you can raise your faction with the city again to avoid all the trouble. For freeport this would be done in North Freeport by slaughtering the gimpy pallys. In rivervale by performing goblin massacre in runnyeye. Qeynos, go to splitpaw. I spent a while clearing splitpaw though, and came to realize that my faction had hardly gone up at all. It'd be more tolerable if by clearing the zones once you'd find yourself getting from max kos to maybe indiff. I suppose invis is another solution, but again takes up alot of time spent, what with possibly having to do the CoS quest for alt #whatever or bringing a caster-class along solely for the purpose of invising everyone. This might just be a personal thing tho, since I always liked factioning. ><

- Reduce the instance costs? No one will be paying 1mill to get all 10 zones, that's for sure. I guess it promotes grouping/forming raids when everyone clusters to the pub zones, but alot of times you enter a zone, find the mob not up, and think "I can ooc and not get an answer, I can start /who alling all the zonenames, I can... Ahh screw it, someone else is at it and it's enough trouble as is." 10k would be more than enough for the instances imo, making it a total of 100k for all of em. Afaik alot of the server is rather antisocial and would probably rather not start forming raids and crap and adjust their run-styles with another guy (like what order they do em in or how they do this or whatever, it'll just result in extra busywork). Or perhaps add a purchased option to these waypoints to port directly to the other zones, thus skipping the nexus visits. Less zoning would be awesome, since that takes up most of the time in these.

- Additional rewards! The names drop plat ranging from 100pp to 900pp atm, which is cool but kind of underwhelming. Perhaps add more, or throw in plat bags on them? Or, as Hateborne the Squishy suggested, add a small chance of receiving a complete rank1 scepter. Maybe a 5% possibility of the named having it on it's loot table, so only one guy would get the additional reward?

-Alot of cases you just waltz invis'd past the city, get to name, tank, spank, throw reward in magic box and gate out. Mayor Gubbin, Guard Gollus, Grot, Spice... Everyone really but the qeynos guy are secluded from other guards, and no one sees through invis. Even in qeynos case wherein you do probably get adds, you just kill the name and gate/ranger-gate out of there. No point killing the others, they take as much as the named did and there's no reward to it. There's hardly any challenge to it either, so the quest is pretty much running around from zone to zone and spending 5min-ish per mob tanking and spanking em. It's just generally boring. =p Perhaps make the trash guards see through invis, make em have like have 1/3rd of their current HP, and have em drop HoH-avatar-amount of vendor gems? This'd make it more of a war than it is now, since folks who do it can easily tank up to 6 qeynos guards at the same time, and will just kill the named and evacuate. The trash aren't really amounting to anything whatsoever.

Also would have to admit that some of the zones aren't currently made to include the harder trash guard nuisances. Freeport, qeynos, halas, rivervale and to some extenct akanon are like that, they require some trickier pulling or whatever good factions. Grobb, erudin palace, neriak, cabilis, kaladim have no buffed up guards to complicate the matters.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:19:54 am by Curry » Logged
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2011, 11:44:21 am »

Got 1 toon to lvl 4 scepter and need 1 more run to get my other 5 bots to lvl 4. Takes me about an hour and 15 minutes to do a complete run with at least 1 wipe.

Most annoying problem I have run into is the Halas encounter. Last night I think my group was grav fluxed every 10 seconds. I tried to fight her in the water and I still get tossed around alot and swimming back to her is worse than on land running though the buildings to get back to her.

Have not bound in Neriak yet but think i will try that as well.

I use a gnome illusion where i run in to faction problems or I'll use my bard to sneak past the angry guards.

I'm not paying 100k an instance that I can hardly eek out 2 runs a day on. Would like to see instance cost similar to the LDoN's with options to 1 for 1k and 2 for 2k.

It is a PITA having to zone 2 or 3 times but it's not so bad considering how epic the final rank is.

Hoping to have it completed for my 6 toons by Christmas 2011.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2011, 02:42:40 pm »

I think Curry has made some excellent points about this quest.  I have the level 1 Scepter and was grossly under-whelmed by the stats on it.  After all that work - the Scepter I got from QVIC with a hp Aug in it is better.  I wonder if the starting stats on this item could at least be a little better than QVIC armour?  Given the bosses are meant to be at least T2 level.

I find the zoning aspect quite painful also.  Especially when boxing a group.  My computer seems to take ages on some zones which just adds unintentional time to the completion of the quest.  TBH - I'm not sure I care enough about this item to be doing two runs a day (or more) for the next 500 days.

Regarding instances - I really feel that the price of instances was originally indexed to the server's economy when we had a surplus supply of plat duppers.  Even HoH at 100k is too much to be forking out every 24hours. 

Curry

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2011, 05:56:18 pm »

It'd pretty much make it alot less painful if the quest guy would allow you to port to the correct zone, skipping the painful trips through neriaka/b, qeynos, erudnext, kaladima, freporte (or ecommons if you prefer that route, wouldn't know why since it's longer!). Perhaps the quest guy could request you to hand him the first rank1 you manage to make, he'd then return it (or eat it, whatever, 513 is hardly a difference from 512 =p) and you'd get a flag from then on, so he can port you directly into the zones.

Most annoying problem I have run into is the Halas encounter. Last night I think my group was grav fluxed every 10 seconds. I tried to fight her in the water and I still get tossed around alot and swimming back to her is worse than on land running though the buildings to get back to her.
Protip: oldschool Cazic Thule / Innoruuk fights - grav flux was countered easily with Levitation spells. The spell doesn't work in HoH so you might not think of it instantly, but yeah, you can cast it at halas and just push your butts into a corner somewhere and pretty much ignore the grav flux after that.

I use a gnome illusion where i run in to faction problems or I'll use my bard to sneak past the angry guards.
I use a gnome illusion where i run in to faction problems

I use a gnome illusion

gnome illusion

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!!
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:12 am »

It'd pretty much make it alot less painful if the quest guy would allow you to port to the correct zone, skipping the painful trips through neriaka/b, qeynos, erudnext, kaladima, freporte (or ecommons if you prefer that route, wouldn't know why since it's longer!). Perhaps the quest guy could request you to hand him the first rank1 you manage to make, he'd then return it (or eat it, whatever, 513 is hardly a difference from 512 =p) and you'd get a flag from then on, so he can port you directly into the zones.

Protip: oldschool Cazic Thule / Innoruuk fights - grav flux was countered easily with Levitation spells. The spell doesn't work in HoH so you might not think of it instantly, but yeah, you can cast it at halas and just push your butts into a corner somewhere and pretty much ignore the grav flux after that.

I use a gnome illusion where i run in to faction problems

I use a gnome illusion

gnome illusion

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!!

+1 for the npc quest who can port you to the right zone  Cheesy
i will be considering making more lvl of my scepter (lvl 5) if this change can be made  Cheesy
balthor3
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2011, 06:09:52 am »

That would be cool if he ported to the zone the boss's were in so you didnt have to run it.
I wouldnt be surprised if you managed to finish your scepter before anyone else even if that isnt added bro.
Fichmulk

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56:26 am »

I like the port idea.  Anyone that says "Well that will be too easy" ....... *points to server name*
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2011, 08:25:55 am »

That would be cool if he ported to the zone the boss's were in so you didnt have to run it.
I wouldnt be surprised if you managed to finish your scepter before anyone else even if that isnt added bro.

To be honest Balthor, i m tired of the "grind" and i m tired of the drama, even if i no more read them, i hope i will still enjoy the game soon, if not i will just retire myself.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2011, 08:33:27 am »

gnome illusion

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!!

I have shame and 9 rounds down only 503 to go   Shocked
balthor3
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2011, 09:45:50 am »

Yea but you stay out of the drama. Not your fault you guild with people that cause it or stand out enough to get poked with the "balthor hate stick (TM)"
Myself I have no desire to work on the scepter of grind. Id rather spend all those hours masturbating.
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2011, 10:28:39 am »

Myself I have no desire to work on the scepter of grind. Id rather spend all those hours masturbating.

That's still kinda "working on your scepter"...
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2011, 12:37:02 pm »

The reward for this is all out of whack at the lower levels.  I know the last couple of ranks are ZOMG uber, but it takes.. what rank 4 or 5? to beat a range slot item you can get from f'in QVIC.

Not to mention, rangers have zero use for this item =) 

Padme

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 02, 2011, 01:25:44 pm »

Yea but you stay out of the drama. Not your fault you guild with people that cause it or stand out enough to get poked with the "balthor hate stick (TM)"

ROFL, i always smile when i read your post, you speak without any restraint Wink

I m still waiting your answer on the 2nd aug slot on T5 post  Cheesy
Elisiah

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 02, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »

wait, since i'm too lazy to read the whole thing, am i right in believing that i have to kill every mob more than once per tier after doing the first time?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78