Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:22:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Caster weapon augs (Now a suggestion!)  (Read 6438 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2010, 05:17:28 pm »

Can we see some caster craftable augs? A tier I-V that boosts pet power (as per Minion of Eternity) would be good.

Oh and please make them cheaper than a few mill pp, we don't have the same money to spend as uber wars Tongue

(Thanks Apology)

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Reid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:23:22 pm »

Pet classes already get significant pet focuses and buffs.

Not all casters are pet users.

That's why this subject is touchy. But I have no good answer to the issue, but wouldn't mind seeing some sort of defensive aug for a caster. (I.e. a small rune proc or some sort of increased hp/regen that was caster only.)

Shrug.

Currently Playing:
Spanker Madness, Bard of <Zen>

"The Optimist proclaims we live in the best of all worlds; the Pessimist fears it true."

I Just say "I like cookies!", and leave it at that.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:41 pm »

Alright, here goes. Time to piss off the forums again.

Casters augs (as mentioned by Reid) are touchy. Mainly because caster's aren't like melee. One size will NOT fit all.

Example:
Wizard: Something that restores mana would be amazing (some, not all) but useless pre T3-spell.
Mage: Pet buffs would be helpful, or even aug to allow pets to proc ____strike like abilities.
Necromancer: Similar to mage, or aug that increases DoT damage.
Enchanter: Really only thing I can think of is the suggestion below. I don't have or exclusively know that much about the Charm spammers.

I believe that the easiest solution would be a Firestrike like augment that provides a chance to proc a fast-cast (or more honestly, instant) for next spell.

The ability to instantly cast the next spell would be incredibly helpful, but the proc chance could get out of hand. I said like Firestrike in that the actual effect chance stacks with augment level (i.e.: I 2%, II 4%, III 6%, IV 8%, V 15% ...it's expensive, screw it). An internal cooldown that is relatively short would help negate it from becoming STUPIDLY overpowered and/or creative players speed casting to force procs.

And to prevent the inevitable "OMG I DONT HAVE BUFF SLOTS!?!?", Gift of Mana operates as a song proc, which could work fine here too.

-Hateborne

edit: forgot the poor enchanters
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:15:20 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »

An augment that allows next cast to be instant would be useless except for healer classes. Now, if you mean instant and no mana required, then okay, but the T3-T4 spells are very expensive for mana, so a proc that allows an instant cast but still costs mana would be useless to higher end Wizards as they most likely only have enough mana for one cast per few minutes.

The hardest part about this, as stated a million times, is that each caster class needs something specific. Mages +pets. Necros +pets/DoTs, Wizzies +nuke/GoM type spell so on and so forth. This will take a lot of work to finish and perfect, and as you said, if he does a GoM type spell effect it could get way out of hand.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:07:07 am »

I don't play any casters, other than a haste bot chanter, so I don't know what the recast times are for other T3/T4 spells but it would seem to me that any caster with a CG manastone in group with a pally would be the equivalent of putting an "unlimited ammo" cheat code into a console FPS game. I know my cleric has about 40K mana and only takes 15secs or so to get back to full if I insta click rez it with rez effects.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:35:39 pm »

I think the T3 spell takes 40k or 50k just to cast one time. I cannot imagine how much the T4 spell takes. Manastone could take awhile to refuel in time for more than one cast.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 10:12:48 pm »

Most T4 spells are cheaper then the T3 spells.
Got my wizard his T4 spell last night and I prefer it over the T3 because I can cast it 3 times then mana stone and over the course of a fight I get less dps but cast it more often and feel useful.
Also the fact that it hits several targets in range is nice to almost instagib the adds spawned by T3/T4 bosses.
Wonder how much fun it would be on Kronos.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359