Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:36:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 362910 times)
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2011, 09:22:29 am »

I think the point he's trying to make is more along the lines of the visceral gratification some people get from reporting, or at least appear to get.

I've seen people gloat over wanting to get someone banned or want to wait until they were fully geared so it would "hurt more".

Although I think he went about stating his opinion in a rather crude way, I can see his point of view. It seems at some times people take too much pleasure in what they think is going to ruin someones day. In a way it seems he is saying it has gone beyond policing to seeing how much you can try and f' someone over due to something that may or may not have little to no true impact on ones gaming experience.

Rules are rules I agree.  And I personally don't have a problem with the rules or following them.

But I do see his point. Although, as I said, he went about it in a very poor manner. Some people tend to take pride in being the cop that writes tickets for jaywalking. I can understand wanting to report someone for training, KS'ing or even perhaps just completely distasteful names. I wouldn't report it seeing as it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand reporting someone named "Botched Abortion" or something, but the constant call for BAN BAN BAN makes it seem a bit eccentric. I could see a name change, character deletion, suspension or combination of any of the above. But the instant resort to BAN is, what I believe invoked so much emotion from him.

Well it appears he is more elegant with his wording than i was but this is exactly what I was trying to get accross.  It just wears me out to come on the forums and find WHOLE ENTIRE sections on people just trying to get people banned. 
As far as following the rules?  I am still playing on the server, don't have near the ammount of gear some of you have, but I do alright.  I obviously follow the rules.  And YES I have e-mailed hunter once about a guy that was continuously just training the hell out of a custom zone taking everything from everyone else.  Took the appropriate screen shots/fraps and it was taken care of......
I didn't come on the forums and blast his reputation by spewing my opinion or bringing the fact that maybe he was having a bad da yand just wanted to kill shit.  All i see on here is "Person X" stole my shit what a liar, then "Person Y" I didn't steal anything he's the liar blah blah
Then people form their warped opinions off poorly based facts. 

This is just a breeding ground for name slander and ill informed people, why not just take your fraps/screen shot and send it to Hunter? 
Does "self policing server" also mean you bitch and moan and run someones name thru the dirt that makes a mistake? 
Oh does "self policing server" also mean that EVERY OTHER SENTENCE out of your mouth is "Oh so yuo have a problem with Hunters rules then good bye"
jeez

Requiem for a Dream.
sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 18, 2011, 11:05:33 am »

I think the point he's trying to make is more along the lines of the visceral gratification some people get from reporting, or at least appear to get.

I've seen people gloat over wanting to get someone banned or want to wait until they were fully geared so it would "hurt more".

Although I think he went about stating his opinion in a rather crude way, I can see his point of view. It seems at some times people take too much pleasure in what they think is going to ruin someones day. In a way it seems he is saying it has gone beyond policing to seeing how much you can try and f' someone over due to something that may or may not have little to no true impact on ones gaming experience.

Rules are rules I agree.  And I personally don't have a problem with the rules or following them.

But I do see his point. Although, as I said, he went about it in a very poor manner. Some people tend to take pride in being the cop that writes tickets for jaywalking. I can understand wanting to report someone for training, KS'ing or even perhaps just completely distasteful names. I wouldn't report it seeing as it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand reporting someone named "Botched Abortion" or something, but the constant call for BAN BAN BAN makes it seem a bit eccentric. I could see a name change, character deletion, suspension or combination of any of the above. But the instant resort to BAN is, what I believe invoked so much emotion from him.

Well it appears he is more elegant with his wording than i was but this is exactly what I was trying to get accross.  It just wears me out to come on the forums and find WHOLE ENTIRE sections on people just trying to get people banned. 
As far as following the rules?  I am still playing on the server, don't have near the ammount of gear some of you have, but I do alright.  I obviously follow the rules.  And YES I have e-mailed hunter once about a guy that was continuously just training the hell out of a custom zone taking everything from everyone else.  Took the appropriate screen shots/fraps and it was taken care of......
I didn't come on the forums and blast his reputation by spewing my opinion or bringing the fact that maybe he was having a bad da yand just wanted to kill shit.  All i see on here is "Person X" stole my shit what a liar, then "Person Y" I didn't steal anything he's the liar blah blah
Then people form their warped opinions off poorly based facts. 

This is just a breeding ground for name slander and ill informed people, why not just take your fraps/screen shot and send it to Hunter? 
Does "self policing server" also mean you bitch and moan and run someones name thru the dirt that makes a mistake? 
Oh does "self policing server" also mean that EVERY OTHER SENTENCE out of your mouth is "Oh so yuo have a problem with Hunters rules then good bye"
jeez

Word of advice. Just stop with posts like these. You are not going to convince anyone you are right or to see your view point. Trust me. It is futile to try. I mean if you want to rant this is the place to do it, knock yourself out. But if you truly think you are going to get people to side with you once their mind is made up, it isnt going to happen.

Just a friendly piece of advice. Do with it as you will.
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 18, 2011, 11:13:29 am »

You're probably right.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 18, 2011, 01:42:52 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:51:54 pm by Xiggie » Logged

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:14 pm »

It's a player policed server. I wonder why there's a 'omg whole thread of people getting others banned'. We have so many bad mannered people breaking rules there needed to be a public forum to make them known in and it works. However as this summer shows once again the influx inflates the asshat factor way past tolerance levels. There's no way for hunter to deal with each and every annoying person who logs in. That in itself would be a 168hr/week job.
Now tell me how out of line we are for doing our job. Posting bad behavior of people on the server WE Police. And most don't even go the extra step of having fraps loaded which would in most cases lead to a ban.

So this thread was born of that,which your subject to public display of your actions.Don't expect us to make it easy for you. Oh yes, they will all know your name, and how much of an ass you are when you end up here.

Accept your consequence of your actions. Just because you think somethings 'cool' does not mean its acceptable on this server.   Protecting the integrity of the server gets out of hand with all the flaming by critically misinformed and under-informed people, many I have seen post in this thread. But they keep trying, striving to clean up the zones of Ks'ing train pullers who "FU Noob" at any tell they get which does'nt benefit them.It's not easy let me tell you.
 We will still be here when the novelty of spamming ooc with your nonsense and hate gets boring and you've told your last wank joke and made your last vagtastically named toons - and you move on.  So don't be surprised For our distaste. We've seen your kinds before...

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:38 pm »

LOL!! @ "vagtastically named toons" Awesome new word im gonna use on a daylie basis. Thanks Trog!!

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 18, 2011, 04:40:33 pm »

Well said Trog.

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 18, 2011, 06:01:17 pm »

there seems to be a very warped sense of why I'm here.

Everyone keeps saying "if you don't like it move on" or "you come and go"

I follow the rules and have made it clear that I have found it neccessary to fraps/screenshot an offense that I felt was directly related to the gameplay of myself and others where we were hunting.

As far as your spotless reputation Xiggie, I didn't come here blasting you saying your a bad person.  I simply stated that you don't need to go playing robo-cop on EZ server.  Self policing server......yes.  I understand the moment that was said by hunter you all grew invisible badges and ran around screen shoting and such.

Do i like EZ server?  Hell ya I do.  Do I want it to be a great place to play and have fun.  Duh.  Do I spend countless hours talking to friends I've made while farming the ridiculous charms.  Yes.  I'm just trying put my insight on things.

This really wasn't meant to be a personal attack on any ONE person =)  however if you saw it as that, perhaps that's something to think about.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 18, 2011, 06:13:48 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:51:37 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 18, 2011, 06:18:47 pm »

Oh for crying out loud just stfu. You missed the point entirely. You are earning your reputation right now. How many people need to tell  you that you are wrong before you realize you might be wrong? Wow dude, get a clue.

Realize I might be wrong?  So because Xiggies opinion is different then mine I must be wrong?  This is EXACTLY what i'm talking about bro.  I don't have to agree with you man, it's the liberty we all share.  Forming our own opinions, but seriously saying I'M wrong because I don't get on your band-wagon is a little insane lol.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 18, 2011, 06:29:18 pm »

Giggity and resolved this in game. I deleted some of my posts to keep things a little more on topic.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:58:22 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 18, 2011, 08:26:11 pm »

Giggity and resolved this in game. I deleted some of my posts to keep things a little more on topic.

Completely agree.  Talked to him ingame and was made aware that EZ doesn't have guides and multiple GM's like P99 so I do understand the self policing thing.

Sorry to bring yet MORE drama to the rants and flames section.....

Hope to see you all in-game.

Chars are Spell, Constantly, and Crackinz

Requiem for a Dream.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 18, 2011, 09:56:20 pm »

Grin

See ya in game

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
kuahara

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2011, 08:31:18 pm »

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 21, 2011, 12:49:38 am »

Maybe he needed a buff? I know i hail the zone guys over and over sometimes when i dont realize im on my other toon and the map is covering the window. But that is excessive.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 268