Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:45:57 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 364972 times)
necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2010, 08:31:33 am »

Are you going to answer my question?
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2010, 09:05:03 am »

I dont understand? The fact people are upset about it here and these people play on the server or they wouldnt post here... So is this not griefing? Its not like the people posting here play a different game or on a different server. The GMs act to keep the server population as a whole happy, people are unhappy with bad names, dont want to see it. To top it off, its clearly explained in server rules.

What do you need? A diagram?
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2010, 09:17:52 am »

You think certain people need a server rule book?

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2010, 09:28:07 am »

Well you gotta remember, you're speaking with someone with a subjective name to begin with, so they're going to try finding ways to defend themselves any way possible. Whether or not it includes being irrational not depends on person i guess

So you could fight it with "Well there is no official rule on EZ Server about naming policy" That is true (I even checked, to make sure). But I just don't see how you could enjoy playing running around with a character named "Dickfart" or something. Its something a child would do, thinking its funny.

I did that stuff when i was 12 or so, playing Diablo 2 or Halo or Whatever with char names like "Bloodback Baby Eatter" and stuff. Yeah you get your kicks, and for a game where you dont have to interact with the same people all that often, its kinda whatever for most. EQ is different however, you have to see the same people everyday, in OOC or otherwise. Build that reputation and good standing with the general populace. How serious are they going to take you with a fucked up name to begin with?

Just saying, it doesn't take much to realize. Necrophagist isnt exactly a bad name imo. I imagine it pronounced Necro-Phage-Ist (last part kinda like Genophage from Mass Effect).

necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2010, 09:44:30 am »

"Necrophagist" is Greek for "eater of the dead".

As for people getting really sad and offended over names, what good is posting screen shots of those people in this thread doing? If you think it's something everyone shouldn't have to see, why are you posting it here? Why don't you just PM Hunter? Getting a rise out of people is usually the reason one would choose an offensive name to begin with.

There is another thread on here where middle eastern people referred to as "sand people". So we are allowed to make racial slurs here but I can't name my character "PoopButt"?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2010, 09:49:24 am »

Primarily posting here was for Hunter, he could see the character, name and make a choice from that. IIRC Portis was the one named Nipple Tweek long long ago, and it was flagged and he changed it. At the time, im sure he was a little pissed but even now i feel i have a good working relationship with him. No hard feelings, just trying to keep some sort of order. More players are likely to try, test, play, and stay here if they aren't seeing under the impression a bunch of WoW kids are here.

Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2010, 10:05:36 am »

What's in a name anyways?  If all the bad words or off color names were taken out, what would we complain about then?  You simply can not please all the people all the time.  I think if my name offends someone than that is their problem not mine.

I don't go out of my way to offend anyone yet I am sure there are people that have been offended by me.  If silly names offend anyone, maybe they should unplug from the internet and gaming and go outside.  If someone doesn't like what they see, maybe they should not look at it.

It's like having a tattoo that says fuck off on one's forehead.  I wouldn't expect them to change for me because I don't like the word fuck and never want to see it, it is their forehead more power to them. But at the same time, they can't expect to be taken seriously upon first impression.  Someone that has that written on their forehead probably doesn't want to be bothered anyways so the last thing I would do is push my beliefs onto them.

I use gaming as an out from the daily grind.  I think silly names help with that.  If I am totally engulfed in raiding/grinding/looking at silly names then there is no room to worry about work and paying bills and not starving and things.  Not saying I blow that stuff off, just meaning that gaming is a brief and welcome distraction.

If someone needs a place to express them self freely than why don't we let them?  These people that do these goofy things here do them because you can't do them in real life.  I wouldn't name my child dickfart in real life but what's wrong with giving it to my eq monk?
necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2010, 10:09:28 am »

Interesting, Portis is getting all bent outta shape here and he himself was a violator of this rule.

Boneman, I agree with your post 100%. No character name in any game has every affected me in any way (besides laughing) and it never will.
Mirielle
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2010, 10:22:13 am »

What's in a name?
Something that could be of offense to people, that's what.

One of the server rules:
NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

Not my rules, Hunter's.  Ones that people who play on the server are expected (I would imagine) to follow, else find another server to play on, or create one of their own.

Some of the names that I see flying about I find very amusing.  But that doesn't mean to say that they are not offensive to some people.

necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2010, 10:30:44 am »

What's in a name?
Something that could be of offense to people, that's what.

One of the server rules:
NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

Not my rules, Hunter's.  Ones that people who play on the server are expected (I would imagine) to follow, else find another server to play on, or create one of their own.

Some of the names that I see flying about I find very amusing.  But that doesn't mean to say that they are not offensive to some people.

The point I brought up earlier is the plethora of swear words in public chat and on the forums. You can say the F word in ooc, you can post racist comments on the forums, but you better not name you char PoopButt or else you're in trouble!
Mirielle
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2010, 10:35:52 am »

If you actually looked at the beginning of this thread, one of the first (if not *the* first) screenshots is of someone griefing in OOC.........

So it is not specifically focussed on names.
necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

Boy, sure is a shame that there isn't an ignore function in EQ....
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:08 am »

Interesting, Portis is getting all bent outta shape here and he himself was a violator of this rule.

Boneman, I agree with your post 100%. No character name in any game has every affected me in any way (besides laughing) and it never will.

Portis may have had to get a name change, doesn't mean he is a bad guy... and after the whole thing he even said he didn't realize. I think he is entitled to getting bent outta shape if he got a name nerf, and other people aren't. Otherwise, why make him change his name? Obviously Hunter saw some reason to make him change it, same i would imagine he would decide to change others. Not to mention now Portis is pretty well known, and progressing with his guild in tow. I can respect that
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 10:59:57 am by Reed » Logged

Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2010, 10:59:29 am »

Boy, sure is a shame that there isn't an ignore function in EQ....
I wish there was one on the forums due to the headache you seem to be giving me and many others right now.
necrophagist

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2010, 11:17:45 am »

QQ
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023