Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:53:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49
Print
Author Topic: Screenshots of People Who Need to be Banned - POST HERE  (Read 357642 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

Got another submission for the idiot awards.

chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2011, 06:24:10 pm »

Thanks Xiggie. I don't take screenshots, so I'm glad someone does.

I wonder what it says about a person that these are the names they choose for their main character.
Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2011, 03:06:38 pm »

Thanks?

Why would you thank someone for going around being a whistle blower.

I don't know about you but if a GM (Hunter) wanted to tell me I had an innappropiate name I'd have no problem changing it or doing whatever the Gm said needed to be done.  But having people running around thinking they are EZ Police is getting ridiculous.

I mean a 21 page thread of a bunch of little girls taking screen shots trying to get people banned.....I mean if the name really offends you, I am pretty sure they are not always going to be following you around the zone.

What do you do if you see an offensive bumper sticker while driving down the road....do you call the police and whine like a bitch?  There are rules in place for a reason, I understand that, but it's HUNTERS jobs to enforce those rules at his discretion.  I don't think he issued badges to any of you people to run around and try and get people banned.

I realize you got beat up in school alot, and now that you graduated and have a 4.0 or 2 you think it's your turn to get back at the man, but you need to chill and live and let live.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »

Hunter himself has said the players police ez server. It makes his job easier rather than having to police it himself. Notice how Hunter has not come on this post and told us to shut up? He likes people doing things to help keep the server clean. If you have a problem with Hunters rules, you don't have to play here.

Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 16, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »

I for one thank all those that take screen shots or fraps to get rid of those that would break the rules or at very least teach them a lesson. Keep up the great work Xiggie and all those that would do the same.  Grin    As to those that would whine and cry wolf it takes a total of 10 mins to read  Ez rules. How long it takes to understand them well for some its not about a concept of time. If you don't like the rules here move on you'll find enjoyment somewhere else i'm sure the ez community here won't think twice to wave good-bye.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 04:37:44 pm by Cracken » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2011, 12:08:15 am »

Thanks?

Why would you thank someone for going around being a whistle blower.

I don't know about you but if a GM (Hunter) wanted to tell me I had an innappropiate name I'd have no problem changing it or doing whatever the Gm said needed to be done.  But having people running around thinking they are EZ Police is getting ridiculous.

I mean a 21 page thread of a bunch of little girls taking screen shots trying to get people banned.....I mean if the name really offends you, I am pretty sure they are not always going to be following you around the zone.

What do you do if you see an offensive bumper sticker while driving down the road....do you call the police and whine like a bitch?  There are rules in place for a reason, I understand that, but it's HUNTERS jobs to enforce those rules at his discretion.  I don't think he issued badges to any of you people to run around and try and get people banned.

I realize you got beat up in school alot, and now that you graduated and have a 4.0 or 2 you think it's your turn to get back at the man, but you need to chill and live and let live.

Quit being a baby you fucking tool

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2011, 12:22:40 am »

LoL!! Thats all i can say !!!!

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:31 pm »

How am I being a baby? 
I'm simply stating you don't have to log in with your finger itching on the screen shot or fraps button just hoping you can get someone in trouble out of bordem of your 19 T5 chars. 

If someone truely does something blatantly affecting YOUR gameplay then sure I can see that.  Fraps away, stop it.  But a name?  Really?

Stop trying to get other people in trouble, I'm quite sure Hunter has the small stuff under control.  What he probably needs help with is people training, steal killing, duping, that kind of thing.

clowns

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2011, 01:48:13 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:53:04 pm by Xiggie » Logged

Giggity

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 17, 2011, 01:50:54 pm »

lol I love how you ride Hunters coat tail at every available chance.

Requiem for a Dream.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 17, 2011, 03:38:57 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:53:52 pm by Xiggie » Logged

sylkkdaskr

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 17, 2011, 06:16:41 pm »

I think the point he's trying to make is more along the lines of the visceral gratification some people get from reporting, or at least appear to get.

I've seen people gloat over wanting to get someone banned or want to wait until they were fully geared so it would "hurt more".

Although I think he went about stating his opinion in a rather crude way, I can see his point of view. It seems at some times people take too much pleasure in what they think is going to ruin someones day. In a way it seems he is saying it has gone beyond policing to seeing how much you can try and f' someone over due to something that may or may not have little to no true impact on ones gaming experience.

Rules are rules I agree.  And I personally don't have a problem with the rules or following them.

But I do see his point. Although, as I said, he went about it in a very poor manner. Some people tend to take pride in being the cop that writes tickets for jaywalking. I can understand wanting to report someone for training, KS'ing or even perhaps just completely distasteful names. I wouldn't report it seeing as it doesn't really bother me, but I can understand reporting someone named "Botched Abortion" or something, but the constant call for BAN BAN BAN makes it seem a bit eccentric. I could see a name change, character deletion, suspension or combination of any of the above. But the instant resort to BAN is, what I believe invoked so much emotion from him.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:22:13 pm by sylkkdaskr » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 17, 2011, 07:47:34 pm »

Very rarely would I ever call for someone to be banned over a name. I have in the past made jokes about waiting to turn someone over for name changes till the get more geared but in reality I simply wait till people get more geared because quite frankly those with stupid names generally don't stay long. Most people with dumb names quit in their lvl 50's, maybe after they get their 1.5's or 2.0's. I don't go around searching for peoples names but if I encounter them or see someone's name in ooc with the name vigina in it or seayouintea for a name I do look for them. And quite frankly if someone with that stupid of a name gets banned it will make me giggle a little bit. Read through this post. It is littered with people occasionally questioning the rules. Those are what I call high burners. They play loud and hard and fast and then they are gone just as quick as they showed up.

Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 18, 2011, 03:28:46 am »

Personally, when I see someone with a bad name, I whisper them and talk with ther person trying for them to see reason why the name would be innapropriate before I go stating the server rules and reporting it with a screenshot.

I kind of feel that maybe not every badwordname is intentionaly fuckwith who wants to offend the entire community and is willing to have the name changed by E-mailing Hunter and admitting to making a mistake.

Such as it is, I'm sure Hunter is also a bit more lenient versus people admitting their lack of rule understanding than those who would just continue as they are and put the entire community on ignore.

That goes out to all you Pudge Facker fans out there.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 18, 2011, 04:07:36 am »

Oh I agree that a positive attitude I am sure goes a hell of a long way with Hunter. I guess I get a little burnt out with it. I have been playing on this server for about 3 and a half years now, (mid to late january 2008 I think). Most of the time I encounter someone with a name like Hairy Nutz and I send them a friendly tell about how it might be a good idea to request a name chance so they don't loose the stuff they worked for I get a tell back say, "lulz f u choir boy, got I wish this was pvp I would roxor your boxors". So my assumption that those who choose idiot names are immature idiots is based of previous experience.

As for the argument, how does this effect my game play. The immediate effect? Next to none. Beyond irritation it does nothing to me to see someone named Bucketsofcum. There are those who have children or maybe even are children but lets go beyond that. If left unchecked, it brings an element to this server that is usually reserved for WoW and pvp servers. In the past when things like this and including this have been left unchecked drama spikes. Disrespect spikes. Kill stealing spikes. Training others spikes. These are all things that I have seen happen on EZ from time to time. I am sure Hunter has seen the same thing. Rules like this are in place for a reason.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 207