Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:55:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Heals/Procs  (Read 28909 times)
Tbuki

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2010, 05:37:28 am »

The only real increase I see is that my cleansing strike (paladin) in Lower Guk is firing off more than it was. Would be like 3 CS's every 9 mobs and now it's 2 per mob if the first one doesn't kill it.
Faxa

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2010, 05:57:07 am »

My pocs are way down to.
Medic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2010, 06:18:49 am »

In addition to the lower rate I am also noticing my warrior is only procing once per attack i.e. with 2 aug on 2 weapon I have not seen a single round with more than a single proc.

Krunkley, Gimble and Co.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2010, 06:28:01 am »

In addition to the lower rate I am also noticing my warrior is only procing once per attack i.e. with 2 aug on 2 weapon I have not seen a single round with more than a single proc.

This happened on the source code update a few weeks ago.
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2010, 07:16:14 am »

seems to be not procing multiples like normally would dps has gone down it seems havent fully parsed logged on and ppl said they where dying to tacvi in full t2 so had to go see. normally I kill these t2 dragons in like 10seconds taking me about as long as an avatar would take my group to kill atm im sure someone will through a parse up here soon but ya def down

Edit: ya tried to solo t2 boss just now mentu taking forever felt like i was fighting shadow for a min rofl. hopefully we'll get things turned back around and won't have to wait all day. imho I thought the procs where fine ya we had to click haste off of pallys but w.e I was fine with it this is starting to feel more like a unintentional nerf again =/.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:22:05 am by Wack » Logged

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 07:32:24 am »

The issue with too much haste can be easily fixed with one line of code.  This makes sure the calculated weapon delay doesn't go below 10 since the swing timer will never go below 1 attack per second.

In attack.cpp, Mob::GetProcChances, ~ line 3577 add the second line:

Code:
	weapon_speed = ((int)(weapon_speed*(100.0f+attack_speed)*PermaHaste) / 100);
if(weapon_speed < 10) weapon_speed = 10; //Make sure the delay doesn't go below 10 since that's as low as the swing timer goes.

I've tested this locally with 500% haste and it keeps the proc chance from going below what it should be if you're swinging your weapon once per second while leaving it alone if you swing slower than that.  I don't know the delays on all the epics, but I'd guess most people with epic 3.0+ are hitting the 1 second cap pretty easily from gear + spell haste, or even gear alone if they have a high level brawlers or ultimate charm.

I'm not sure which rules you may have modified in the most recent changes, but there's two ways to go.

1) Add the above code, leave Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute enabled, and tweak Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute to find a good balance.

2) Disable Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute which bypasses weapon speed completely so the above code isn't necessary, and tweak Combat:BaseProcChance to find a good balance.  The default is 3.5% + applicable bonuses.

If you log in and type "#mlog setcat combat on" you will get the proc chances and other combat stats dumped into the zone log so you can see the percentages as you tweak.

#rules reload is helpful when you're tweaking things on the fly so you don't need to keep restarting the server for them to take effect.  You can also change rues using the #rules command, but I find it easier to tweak them in a database editor and reload them since that is less typing.

edit: changed code to ensure it will compile on Linux as well as Windows due to the annoying way max is defined in windows.h
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 07:54:22 am by lerxst2112 » Logged
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 07:43:19 am »

/sigh  Yeah it went from bad to ridiculous.

Poop
veshicra

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 08:12:12 am »

My pocs are way down too.I'm a sk
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 08:34:19 am »

Holy sh!t... procs are sucking... revert revert!!
 Undecided

and reboot... hope this doesn't stay the day like this..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 08:35:58 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 08:36:56 am »

ya im off for the day until this gets fixed was gonna do roa all day cant even do that so

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 08:53:30 am »

This is game changing. 

I don't mind a few tweaks here and there, but the entire game is now unplayable thanks to this change... well, unless you want to kill rats in N Freeport.  Sounds like someone either wanted to force clerics back in the box or didn't fully comprehend the impact of nerfing procs on a server that depends on Pal heals to compete at virtually any level.

I'll be off searching for additional entertainment until this is repaired. 
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 09:29:20 am »

was tryin to increase but this isnt really something you can change and just hope works right sadly =/ this was something that shoulda been added when it was able to be monitored and changed as needed isnt a showtime oven  cant set it and forget it =/ anyhow back to watchin tv

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Cowtipper

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 09:36:02 am »

I'm not really going to be on until this is fixed. I play several paladins in my group so I'm basically out of commission until it is. Hopefully we can get a correction and reboot before the auto reboot 20 hours from now.

Starting to think...hmmm....

Cowtipper's Christmas Conspiracy Conjecture

- Most of us probably haven't gotten our Christmas Shopping done yet (cmon we're EQ addicts!)
- Hunter works for Wal-Mart - the largest retailer in the World
- Without Procs most of the content is unable to be done - forcing us to log off EQ today/tonight
- During the next week or two with potential Holiday content many of us will be on much more then normal - leaving less time for shopping.
- If we're logged off EQ tonight we'll be forced to think about things other then EQ. With Christmas being so close that will probably be near the forefront of our minds for many.
-Ergo most of us will likely take the opportunity to shop for Christmas presents. Now I do buy nice stuff mostly but for the cheap stuff I do go to..drum roll... WAL MART

All this is is job security for Hunter.
Mystery solved.

Cowtipper

zeebos

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 10:56:19 am »

Wow. Everyone needs to chill out a little. This is an experimental server. Things do not always hash out the way it is expected. Give them some time. Go outside and play. Do something else if it is just to unbearable. They will fix it. Or at least try to revert back. He works crazy hours and certainly can't always monitor the changes. Cut them some slack. If you don't like that things get tweaked here and there, go play elsewhere.

Zeebos
Gweedo
Prevacid
Zantac
Cowtipper

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 11:20:54 am »

Did ya ever pause to think that maybe, just maybe, a guy with a name like Cowtipper is making a joke about a HUGE conspiracy Hunter set up in order to get all 200 odd of us to shop at Wal-Mart because they're down to 800 million customers this year? =)

I do cut Hunter all the slack in the world. Hes got a very long week and I really do understand how trying long hours and sacrifice are - I know he works about 70 hrs a week and puts in 20-30 on EZ - I'm almost there myself:  I work full time (50-55 hrs at a salary job); I'm going back to college in January almost full time and I help (own the home they live in) support both my parents, my grandma and 2 of my uncles - all of whom are on disability.  I was trying to make light of the situation by using extremism. Mea Culpa Mea Culpa if that was missed.

Going back to work now (god I actually wish I could go out and play. sled riding sounds so fun atm when I'm stuck in my office). I don't know why I'm going to go work as there is nothing going on here at the phone company today. Been rather quiet.

Cowtipper
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:35:55 am by Cowtipper » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022