Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:14:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spawn forcer  (Read 4834 times)
Tbuki

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2010, 05:54:30 am »

Before you say anything just go with it for just a second.

Worst thing to happen on a quest you need to do and a line of campers are ahead of you. Honestly, I don't like waiting around 4 hours for the current campers to get their stuff and go so I was thinking that there could be a little button that pops up every... half an hour (so it doesn't get abused) that spawns all the mobs within a 10 foot radius from you (so it doesn't spawn everything in the zone, but you can still spawn that one mob you need).

Yes, I realise those people that have like 9 chars logged in at once could overly abuse this, but for those of us who don't have more than 2 or 3 logged in this could be very useful for say, the fighter guild quest or the epic page quests.

Either this or something like reducing the spawn time on the FG and CG quest mobs? Especially the one in Highpass Hold. Neither he nor his place holder had spawned for me for -6- hours while I was waiting for him for his tomahawk. I'm a newbie to the server too, so I didn't have 90k to spend to buy the tomahawk.
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 06:12:29 am »

Could have went to EK and used the 3 closeby spawn points.

You could have also used that 6 hours to make above and beyond 100k+ farming gems/doing the BoT quest for 4k a run.

Just food for thought.
Tbuki

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 06:25:03 am »

Could have went to EK and used the 3 closeby spawn points.

You could have also used that 6 hours to make above and beyond 100k+ farming gems/doing the BoT quest for 4k a run.

Just food for thought.

I'll remember that, thanks. I'm still a newb and only learned about most of the zones to get plat & such in the last 2 days. My family stopped playing EQ when PoP came out so I didn't know about a lot of stuff. :x
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 07:29:41 am »

Honestly, I don't like waiting around 4 hours for the current campers to get their stuff and go

This is what everquest is about.  This game revolves around camps.  Hunter just made it easier so you are not spending 56 hours for a halfling mask. (I did it on my bard in live)   But as Smoka said you could have farmed something less camped then sold it and bought your tomahawk.  Or you could farm Velks castle for gems.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)